1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Si.

Si. Simracer

Agreed, if I don’t qualify on the front two rows I just pull off the track and start from the back. Even that doesn’t always work though, last race I got hit in the back before I even got going as car in front was slow off and someone behind was impatient. I then waited until everyone passed, watch the carnage at T1, picked my way through the wreckage only for someone to whack into the side of me rejoining. Great racing after that though, in the end 4th, 5th, 6th finished within a second of each other after several laps of close racing.

I’ve decided a better strategy for T1 is to go straight across very slowly so you don’t pick up penalty but also avoid all the carnage.

It is starting to spoil an otherwise excellent game now I must admit, the problem is SA 60 servers are often full when I’m on or empty, never much in between.

GT Sport did manage to separate the racers from the wreckers much quicker but I think that’s because it ranked you with equally rated racers all the time so once you get away from the wreckers it’s much easier to stay away. At the moment I don’t think ACC has enough racers for that type of system unfortunately.

XettMan likes this.
  2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This

XettMan likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont see why it shouldnt be in SP, its not a status symbol but a driver standard evaluation. Someone that can race clean with AI can do the same in mp. Someone that cant race clean in MP wont be much better with AI. If they are poor racers and use the AI to learn how to get better and improve their rating theres nothing wrong with this and should be greatly encouraged.

To avoid the crappy racers look for the strictest entry server you can get into, avoid open servers like the plague. No reason to force good racers from other sims to be stuck in open wreckfest servers to grind up their rating. AI isnt great but its way better then these servers so id rather get my racing license there if I had to start from scratch.

I would prefer if any open race servers all had to have min ratings levels. Only allow hidden passworded servers to have no ratings. Clearly as expected the general users cant figure out how to improve their own situation, only how to complain about their rating and poor racers in servers poor racers are allowed to join. They dont look for servers the bad racers cant get into. They then complain SA 50 isnt strict enough then join servers even softer entry then this. :rolleyes:

Maybe have min level 3 medals SA 30 for a single short 5 qualy and 10min short race. SA 50 for for up to 30 min races then higher restrictions for proper race weekends or servers with track rotations. Possibly allow 3 medals no SA for practice only, no race open servers.

Make it clear in game how to rate up and give the Bronze license to someone that has reached the min level to get into the lowest Open MP tier.

If people need to race ai to get an initial rating then I see nothing wrong with this. My biggest issue is 99% of people avoiding the rated servers then complaining abput the bad racing in these.

I would rather run solo in an SA50+ server or race AI then in a server I would need to pull over and let the muppets go into t1. :rolleyes:

Gunja, R4F and Strawberry like this.
  4. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Wow, I just come out from something never happen to me before so bad.

Were in a good 30 minute race at Monza. Was in 4th place with the Nismo chasing another Nismo on 3rd place. He was faster than me on the straights but somehow he struggled too much on the corners, weird, kind of braking to deep and having bad exits, even he seem to slow down at some parts of the track. Anyway, we were on so far a good and fair fight, until we caught up a lapped car on Ascari Variante. He kind of got stuck on him while I placed myself for passing. Once we clear the lapped car, somehow he slowed down or did not accelerate that much and could not avoid him. A light hit, still a hit which I was responsible, make him spun. He was furious, swearing on the chat. A couple of laps later he put himself in front of me for a deliberate crash. Not happy enough he was continuing trying to ram me, but on the process he took out another driver and near the end of the race, I believe trying to hit me again, crashed other cars on T1.

I know it can be hard to find a proper algorithm to detect and punish a driver which acts like described above, but there are some scenarios that are quiet more than evident.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What were the server restrictions? The algorithm only works on those that have restrictions. The stronger the restriction the better the algorithm is. ;)

6. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I did not check nor remember. From a SA of 73 it was down to 67, slowly getting it up again.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Your SA doesnt matter to anyone in a server, if you know exactly what your rating was before the race and after the race, but dont care or check what the server is set to, why are you concerned about your rating or poor racing in a server at all?

The rating only helps you at the lobby level by filtering out those that cant get to a certain level as they havent yet shown the system they are clean racers. Not using restricted servers or even caring what level its at means you dont care about driving standards in the server.

Anyone that wants clean racing will look for servers that provide this, nothing will help you if you choose not to use the system for what its designed. Its not you specifically but the general attitude of most especially those complaining about poor racing in threads just like this. Then they wonder why the servers they join have crappy racers in them and if something can be done about them. :rolleyes:

It was exactly the same with the original minorating in AC and nothing has changed here in ACC. The system itself is massively more advanced in how it evaluates each driver but the general users are just as poor in how they chose to not use it to get a better mp experiance.

8. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I think SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer rankings should be well separated completely in the 1st place.
    And SA should well influence in downsizing it when crashing into someone, like 1 intentional crash -10% in an instance (when code would be able to recognize it).
    One has really nothing to do with the others (AI will never even act like real human drivers, no matter what). Personally I would use Ranking system ONLY for the MP, and SP just for practicing.
    --
    The main problem of the current ranking is that the code cannot recognize who is an attacker and who is being attacked! When this will not be sorted, its a bit pointless to have all these safety rankings. Because, when the code penalizes both that means it`s not a reproduction of RL racing.
    Code should at least recognize occasions like: deliberate crashing (ramming, coming from unusual sides, cutting track), not holding the line when racing side by side, rear ending (when the guy infront) brakes in time, and maybe some other stuff.

And guys: who cares about your SA, you can have 90+, if you crash into me without showing some respect to others (so you act like you are alone on the track), you are worthless. So stop arguing and talking about this SA, which really means nothing - at the current stage of development! I really hope @manolin fixes it, so we will be able to drive and enjoy this game as we should.
    If you read my previous post, was exactly about it; the guy who took me out was a PRO driver, and I am sure with high numbers of rating, but what about it, if he drives like he`s the only one on track, and uses all the track width in 1st lap!!! He doesn`t deserver an AM license, not a PRO. I hope you got the point.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Haven't you seen F1 in the last years? Professional drivers can also act recklessly.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

What we are talking about? Monza, formation in double line, i was rammed BEFORE THE GREEN FLAG! My car went in spin. During i was into the the wall other cars were in t1. I pushed pause and then exit to the server. FP, Q, wasted time.

11. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Dude really, let it go. The rating system isn't going to be rewritten because you've met a few obnoxious pricks online. The internet/online community seems to be a haven for them, you may have noticed. No rating system in the world will weed out these people, sometimes the red mist comes down and people do stupid things and you know what I bet some of them are quicker than both of us too.

The rating system is fine. It isn't even fully implemented into the game yet. Have you noticed you can, or will be able to, filter servers by race craft and SA? I've said it before, but server admins have the power to kick and BAN people, so repeat offenders will find themselves with less servers to play on. I will concede maybe the formula needs tweaking to make it a little harder to progress as quickly, as there does appear to be a few more aggressive drivers at sa50+

What's your SA, which servers are you paying on? I play on Mr Gits mostly and the racing there is usually top notch. There's more of a community on those servers so you do see the same people a lot. I've also had very clean races on Zolder Kunos sever, though I've yet to master that track. If you see someone ahead, or behind who's a bit erratic, give them room, let them passed if needs be, they'll probably spin off soon. We all make mistakes and errors of judgement from time to time. Most of the time I try to drive like Jackie Stewart, sometimes it try to drive like Ayrton Senna.

martcerv likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Does SA 50 mean its the best racing you will ever get? Its only half the maximum available. ;)

If its not clean enough then servers just need to be set higher. Sure Minolin can rework it so 50 is harder to get but an easier solution is people to test what level they need to set it for better racing I think. Then you need people to actually use these servers and make them go to places, people are doing their best to give you a better experience and simply saying this is crap and needs to be fixed, when your barely scratching the surface of what this system can do is pretty pointless.

Why not run your own server and experiment with the tools you have and then report your findings, give some valid feedback after actually giving it a proper go. I would gladly test but its hard to do MP testing in Australia when hardly anyone is on any server here, in Europe you could easily test this. In the server lobby I hardly see any servers with restrictions. I have access to a couple servers but other then league mates I have barely seen a soul in them and the SA50 server I setup, nobody at all wants to join so I cant test anything higher as it makes no difference if its just me in no matter the rating level.

chksix likes this.
  13. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Haha I thought I was the only one trying to start from the back, not so it seems. Maybe the qualification rule should change so that the fastest person gets to start from the back :).

nrc689 likes this.
  14. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I do this sometimes too, cause most of the time I end up qualifying somewhere in between 6th and 12th and midfield is not a pleasent place to be. So sometimes I will just not qualify and hope to start up last. Basically the first few corners you dont even have to push - you just drive safely through the havoc and with any bit of luck you end up where you would have qualified or even better: with the added bonus that unsafe drivers have already taken themselves out and not you with them...

XettMan likes this.
  15. fabT

fabT Alien

Midfield is sudden death :)

Usually i do skip qualy as well, but to be fair is quite boring.
    On a full server you can climb 10-12 positions within 1-2 laps, but to be fair that's mostly due to others sheer incompetence rather than own ability.
    Then you climb up the ranks by overtaking guys 2-3 seconds slower and you'll never reach the drivers with the same pace as you.
    Not much fun.

So i usually end doing qualy and get caught by rocketman at T1/T2 :D.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Gunja likes this.
  16. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Simply great

17. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

Hi guys,

I'm in for separating SP and MP ratings as they are differend sports. Maybe give everyone 50 MP-SA/RC in the beginning and then let it evolve.
    That way servers could set a restriction like 70 MP SA/RC and be sure all racers who join have experienced proper MP racing ...
    It is far to easy to build up SA in singleplayer as it's too static even on 100/100 AI. You gain places at the same spots lap over lap like braking into Monza T1, exiting Monza T1, exiting Ascari etc. With that experience you are now way prepared for MP racing.

It worked fine for AC1 with Minorating as it was MP only.

cheers falke

Mitja Bonca and Si. like this.
  18. Si.

Si. Simracer

Perhaps SP should only get you so far e.g. SA 50, after that only MP increases the rating. That way if you’re in a SA 60+ server you’ll know that the players have some MP experience increasing as it rises.

Just realised this is basically what @falkeGT said :).

Luatz1, chksix, fnegroni and 3 others like this.
  19. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

1. I know its not gonna be rewritten from the scratch, but can be adjusted, and I know it will evolve for quite some time. The point is, as some guys above stated already, its way too easy to gain SA only driving in SP. I`m sure a lot can be done with the rating system to make you drive safe(er) and clean(er). The base is good, just needs to be adjusted.
    2. Filters do not work well so far yet well
    3.My SA is 85 and I did lots of Mr Gits servers too. I have had lots of great races, but also quite some bad ones.

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry, but whoever asks for a seperation doesn't get the one strong point in this approach*. I see how you come to this conclusion though, and it's in the nature of things that we build some kind of echo camber here, as the audience who would disagree is not around (yet). So let me add a different voice.

Any system I have seen yet has a huge flaw when it comes to the question how to enter this system in the first place. Minorating chose the path to assign a special "N" grade, which clearly would seperate a newcomer from a bad person and gave them some graceful time until they could be evaluated (and/or hopefully quickly learned about what is expected). Did it work? Well, not in a way I'm 100% satisfied. We've seen ABN servers, but as N drivers could be anything this was always a risk, and the really good action on MR servers was only seen on AB or A servers (reliably).

The other known SA systems just put a newcomer into the same situation as the worst drivers and wreckers around, thus you are paired with the worst guys around. This means a) a rather clueless newcomer doesn't ever see a good race in the first place, has no idea how cool it could be and will also not meet anybody who can lead by example, or even take over and actively help him. I know most of you guys are like that, but you'd never run around in the worst servers (and I'm doing my best to avoid that as well). Additionally we have b) - even if a necomer is not deterred by what he's faced, and additionally already knows how to race clean - it is like 5 or 10 times harder to gain Safety Rating, and get out of this hell into the next braket. There it is only 3 or 5 times harder, and so on and so on. Sorry, this is not fair or entertaining, and compared with learning how to drive this is the biggest entry level problem - in other words we are constantly losing potentially good drivers, every single day.

So the solution is to involve the SP, where we know the AI is pretty clean, at least they are very reliable and predictable. Newcomers can build up SA and completely jump the entry level problems while learning how to race without annoying anybody else. Additionally there is an array of Mentor-Like Ratings, which even forces to work on some basics (if required) before even thinking of going into the realm of driving with other cars in order to start to gain SA. You see, all of this "nonsense" is only directed on getting fresh blood (with reasonable education and help) into our simracing world. And the underlying idea, the question why all of this was invented and developed in the first place is "how do we get a better Multiplayer experience?".
    If somebody has a better (system-complete) idea, I'll gladly listen.

What I also see is that we have some kind of causality mismatch. You enter a server, have a dissatisfying experience and search for the problem, which appearantly is that SA can be recovered in SP.
    While this is technically true, I do not see any link between those. Do you have an idea how freaking time consuming SA farming is? Don't get blinded by the very quick first SA rampup. It's meant to be very forgiving and reducing frustration, so somebody who has no complete understanding that SA is a thing / how the AI works / what is expected in MP has some time to get into the topic, instead of immediately give him a banhammer due to his first two races (which would take weeks of sensible driving to get rid of). Once you are past this, SA is anything but forgiving. You cannot just fool around in MP and then get back to SP for 15 minutes and restore your reasonable SA rating; very soon you will notice that this is very time inefficient and it's easier to launch wreckfest (or other titles). How time inefficient this is of course depends on which SA rating you need to have good racing in ACC. Atm we are at ~60 SA (just what servers are actually using), if target value moves to 70 the time needed for recovery already would skyrocket. It's basically exponential.

One more element: SA gain in SP (in regular conditions, after the initial buildup) is already a lot harder to gain, and you score much more OBWPs for contacts with the AI - as we know there are no clowns around and it's 98% your fault (which is not the case in MP, of course). And yes, I'm ready to even increase this, but not to a level where a newcomer would have a harder start in SP compared to unrestricted MP. And yes, the idea of having a less well scaling SA in SP is good, I'm already working on something in that direction.

So bottom line; do you *really* think our online experience will become better when we let SA only move in MP?
    I doubt that, even if I completely ignore the strategic aspects, and think about our daily racing. This is not the problem.

sps_for_race, Gunja, Dookie and 13 others like this.