1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

It’s like they play it like any other video game, with maximum liberty it can provide, not like a sim with rules you have to respect.

chksix likes this.
  2. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Today I again had a very good and fair 30 minutes race at Monza.
    The key is simple to start from last position. After first lap I was as always purged from P20 to P10 just by carefully driving around wrecked cars. Next lap I was P8 and after 30 minutes P5 with very slow but constant pace around 1:51.

I had some fun with fair fights.

So just drive to take it easy in lap 1 and you will see fun starts. Of course to win the race is then only possible for very fast drivers. But to have a good time and to enjoy the race just try to stay relaxed especially in first lap.

3. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

at the risk of sounding like a broken record...

In iRacing there are 5 (ok 6 but for mortals 5) safety levels.
    Which are accompanied by a safety rating and a skills rating.
    You start in Rookies and at that point you qualify to D if you improve your safety rating enough. This makes it possible for safety ratings in Rookie to be less sensitive to accidents and penalties less heavy, so that you can progress while still providing a way to separate those that just want to crash into everyone else.
    Matchmaking in ACC should help with that too but then the iRacing model, being more restrictive, forces drivers to make a decision whether they want to be safe drivers and be promoted to more interesting races, or remain wankers and stick to the mx-5

https://www.iracing.com/getting-started-license-classes/

I’m trying to say that instead of doing something completely different just to reinvent the wheel, the new ratings which are great in ACC and dearly missed in iRacing could be combined with iRacings model.

The classes could be the existing iron bronze silver gold am pro etc..

mikendrix and chksix like this.
  4. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But there are only GT3s.
    So how could a licence system look like?

5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

By instead of allowing every driver to run every race, they would only be allowed a restricted number of tracks, car selection, fixed v custom setup, endurance and 24hr races participation, pro-am v pro-pro etc...

It doesn’t have to take as long as it does in iRacing to be promoted, but drivers must show a consistent safety rating over a number of races, which means the safety rating can’t go from 0 to 100 to 0 in the space of 2 races, it has to be less sensitive. Being offset by the consistency of that rating over a number of races

6. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I don't think this could be a proper way.

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I just looked on line....MrGit has 4 SA rated servers that are currently unoccupied, and of the 1st 10 servers that were presented to me, 8 have no SA restrictions and have loads of drivers on. Seriously people, quit belly aching and get on the servers with the higher SA ratings rather than moaning about W######s and rammers....It's OK to be the 1st person to join an empty server you know (its like a wedding disco, once someone gets on the dancefloor, others will follow). ACC are providing the tools to help get good racing, people are just not using them.

Maybe I have just been lucky but I have done quite a few races on MrGits and Mjr Toms and had nothing but great racing (sometimes with a little weather induced madness!)

Dookie, Luatz1, MathMilitary and 3 others like this.
  8. fabT

fabT Alien

Yes, Just join SA rated servers.

Today i joined an almost empty SA rated server, we were 3 or 4.
    Within 15-20 minutes many drivers joined and the server got well populated.
    Nice racing.

LeiF, MathMilitary and Ricky Reject like this.
  9. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Well not yet, I'm expecting a real matchmaking system once the game launches, as it's described. Only lobbies just won't do, it's not enough.

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

No, they are...that’s not to say others features wouldn’t be welcomed or expected, but the current SA system if adopted gives a very good chance of some decent clean racing

martcerv likes this.
  11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I was on an SA server, waited for 10 minutes, nobody appeared, so I joined as everytime an unrated crowded server.

12. Regret_NL

Regret_NL Rookie

Like everyone has said before, actually doing your best to qualify in a non SA rated server really has no use. I still do it just to see how I stack up with the rest of the field but thats just me. Last night I got pole, went straight of the track during the formation so I could start last, and then proceeded to win the race. Within 4 corners you'll already have made up around 10 positions. Actual overtaking isnt really necessary seeing as almost everyone you follow will spin out after 1 lap of staying close to them!
    God I really need SRS for this game.

13. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm happy to see that there are a lot of new players joining the game, but they really ought to get a few track medals before joining a server and wrecking it for everyone, be it unintentional or on purpose.

However it's kind of half my fault for joining unrated servers in the first place, when I should be playing on one of the higher SA rated ones, but I still haven't seen any server with SA/95+ which makes me sad.

I always ran into this issue while I was still playing Project Cars 2 back in august of last year, when I was being way to picky about the servers I wanted to play on and only got to use my S/1700 rating once or twice.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  14. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Does anyone else think some admin are setting RC too high? At RC 43, I can't get on 50/60 servers. And in open servers it's hard to raise RC- Even if I win some races cleanly, the trash races are keeping me stuck at RC43. I also wonder if when I join a race in progress and get credited for finishing in P16 or something, if my RC takes a hit.

But then again- It's also kind of astonishing that I can cary TC 82, CN96, CC94, PC84 and have RC so in the dog house. It must be the dozens of times I got deliberately taken out of a podium finish by one of the wreck monsters on a stupid open server.

Just friggin great! Can't race on servers with high RC- Cant get a high RC racing on unrestricted servers with the dirt balls! I hear tell that the trick is to grind it out with the AI for a while. Well if that's true then what's stopping the dirt balls from doing the same. More and more stories about nightmare races on high SA/RC servers in the last few days. Is it even worth it?

I want to see servers just use TO score as the requirement. I think there are wreckers with TO's in the 6k-7k range who keep SA and RC high by racing AI on easy settings and aids, then go on SA/RC servers and muck it up.

15. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

you want easy SA?, go and race VS ai, lower the ai strength around 60 - 70 and drive near then and overtake then safely and you will earn SA pretty fast, the more cars you put the better, make sure to start from last place and work your way up

with 3 to 6 races you will earn plenty of SA points

16. Default

Default Racer

I joined one of the 60 SA servers yesterday and there were only 2 drivers on it. Went through qualy and then race. 2 other people joined during the race, did a few laps and left, spent 30 minutes driving alone in the wet as the other driver was on the opposite side of the circuit. I rather take my chances in an unrated server than racing alone on a rated one.

17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I don't want to earn SA easy- I want it to be hard for everyone! It should either be MP only advancement or with AI set to very fast and aggressive- Like real drivers in real races where you can't win or do well w/o being safe. I win- and do well- but have crappy SA/RC ratings. Because most of the mp races I've done had wreckfesters and extreme danger as the subplot.
    Boosting SA/RC in mp easy mode is like getting a driver's exam where you just do random driving in an open parking lot!

All that being said- If I have to grind it out with gentlemen ai to get even with the crowd then I guess I'll bite the bullet. But I'm absolutely not gonna set the little dudes to 60-70%! I would lap the whole field!

I'd like to see this all reworked and a reset at launch. We need to know who's who from a clean slate.

chksix likes this.
  18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Umm- It's called "racing" for a reason bud. You watch it for fun. You do it for the thrill of victory.
    This thread is about having that thrill turned to disgust by aholes who get their thrill from taking yours from you. No offence, but If you were 4 sec/lap faster and had a target on your back you might get it.
    Just imagine- you are leading the race, and on lap 4 you are catching p24 at a very rapid pace. You know he has the hud and can see that you are p1. And his blood starts pumping- and his palms are sweaty- and he starts to weave back and forth and salivate. "Oh goody goody"- he says. "Here comes the leader!" BOOM! "TAKE THAT!- You... Stupid....Fast guy.....MR. woo-hoo look at me mom I'm winning!!!" "Why don't you just start last and settle for scraps like Xettman?" He has fun with me"

chksix and MathMilitary like this.
  19. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Lol, just you bad drivers! Use restricted server now, stop use a public server without a restrict.

20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Why are non restricted servers allowed? That's the issue.
    0-30, 31 - 50, 51 - 70, 71-100

Problem solved.

chksix likes this.