1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

The whole point in racing duels, no matter who, or a pro or an amateur, 1st you have to study lines and braking points of the guy infront, before even trying to come so close to be able to pass (even lappers must be taken with causion, so same way). When you did that, you now know his weaknesses and his strong points basically, and based on that, you go close and do the rest, but still always with a respect that you are not alone out there, specially when you come side by side with him.

mikendrix, anthonylroy, Si. and 4 others like this.
  2. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

This!
    Too many times I’ve been involved in situations where the driver behind me was so eager to brake later then forgetting they were slower on the exit, and I now just let them past rather then being punted, study their line, then just hang in there half a second or less behind them, knowing I will not brake so late and knowing I will get my opportunity to pass them and build a gap.

nrc689 likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I was doing this on my last race. It really highlighted to me that ACC benefits greatly from longer race times. When you're not under pressure to make the most of a race with very few laps you can stay behind a driver being clam and let the guy in front make all the mistakes. Once I started doing that it was like cars were letting me past because they'd eventually make a mistake. Only one guy didn't crack under the pressure and that was a pretty epic battle (that I didn't win).

nrc689 and fnegroni like this.
  4. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Had one of those recently too (in iRacing /ducks for cover/). Was great to have push to talk and we both complimented each other for a good clean race and exciting battle!

Arlo likes this.
  5. Si.

Si. Simracer

Couldn’t believe it tonight, was quiet online for some reason and ended up 3 of us qualifying at Monza, as we just finished a 4th driver joined but I thought that’ll be alright everyone is bound to take it easy through T1. Nope I should have known better, 4th driver in BMW who hadn’t qualified got a rocket start, I’d qualified on pole but I thought long race I’ll just let him go and hopefully I can retake position in a bit. Nope he proceeded to push me across onto the grass instead of just passing, he then spun out and everyone slowed apart from the 3rd place driver who didn’t quite enough and got caught up. Off we head to the next chicane, oh oh I see a car coming too fast on radar, I make it through the chicane only for him to skip it and take another swipe at me, he spun out again and thankfully quit. Humans are a pathetic bunch at times.

chksix and mikendrix like this.
  6. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Unfortunatelly this (kind of) sim is just not for everybody althougt everybody can afford it :)

anthony galmiche likes this.
  7. Regret_NL

Regret_NL Rookie

In my experience all you have to do with 90% of the players is stick close to them for half a lap. They will lose control after a few corners. For some reason people start to overdrive and forget how to take any corner when they have a car up their bum.

Ricky Reject, Turk and XettMan like this.
  8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

When I have someone on my bum, and I don't know him, I'm always fearing he will try some stupid daring move.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

toold likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

My favourite move is the old pressure test, drive as close as possible to the rear of someone even make a few fake moves to throw them off. The poor racers will panic and out brake themselves more often then not, the good ones you can battle all race which is great racing.

My least favourite is the person that overly blocks, yet you stay close behind and clean for maybe multiple laps. Then when they make an error and you get a nice clean pass will often run you off the track on the straight or take the instant dive at the very next corner no matter how far back they are.

This is really what should clean up racing in higher rated servers as these guys will never have a great SA rating due to often hitting people at the first opportunity, compared to the guy that can run close and pass clean 99% of the time who will get lots of "trust" points and not too many contacts.

Still quite often those that do race poorly if you show them how you can consistently race them clean they tend to get the message and clean up their own racing. ;)

chksix and Regret_NL like this.
  10. Regret_NL

Regret_NL Rookie

So then it is working exactly as intended. Just the fear of having someone close to you makes you drive worse. Its all a mental game really, and allot of the drivers that ive met did break under pressure. When I have someone following close behind I tend to focus only on whats ahead, seeing as my own lines are more important than what the guy behind me is doing. If he goes for a pass my radar will tell me he's beside me anyway :)

11. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

On the one hand: yes.

On the other hand: IRL you pretty much know for certain the guy you are racing isn't some inadequate divebomber, whereas online you don't. The pressure of looking in your mirrors to see whether there isn't someone missing their braking point by a mile is therefore bigger than it would be IRL (if the stakes would be the same, i.e. potential bodily and financial harm and such).

chksix likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats exactly the point of the ratings system and server restrictions. A fully open server you have anyone getting in so really hard to have much confidence in any new person in there.

Let the ratings work and join servers that identify people that race cleaner and it will be considerably better. Sure there can still be the odd prick that can race but strategicaly uses contacts but if they do it often they wont have a great rating, so thats why stricter entry is needed.

Not only to ensure people can race that enter restricted servers, but if its strict enough they will understand they cant have blatant contacts and join these servers again.

If the vast majority of good drivers dont look for stricter entry servers, then there is no incentive for poorer racers to clean up their act. After all the most popular servers are open, they can get in and can hit everyone in there. Their rating means nothing so why should they try and race cleaner.

If the majority of people enter restricted servers and people see these are the busy ones with good racing , they will try and find out how to get in. If the only way to get in to the busier servers with better racing is to drive cleaner everyone wins except the poor wreckers. :D

So in the end its up to the general users if they want cleaner racing by using the tools provided. Or simply continue on in open servers and wonder why things arent ever getting better. ;)

toold and Oberonone like this.
  13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

It's strange because for me it's the opposite.
    If I am alone I get easily bored, and tends to slow down because there is no apparent urge.
    But if someone is behind it gets more challenging, I more focus, try to avoid any errors, and sometimes it gets on the nerves of the guy and he do some mistakes :D

14. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I was wondering where this was going for a moment :D

chksix likes this.
  15. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

I reckon it's different if said person is within .5 sec or within 2.0 sec of your proverbial bum.

16. Default

Default Racer

The zoomed out mirror in ACC doesn't help either, after a thousand hours in AC the cars behind you in ACC always look further away from what they actually are.

17. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Virtual mirror too much big. I hope for the resize option.

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Today I got hit in the rear right at PR on the entry to T11. This caused me to go across and off the track to the inside of the circuit. I then proceeded to join carefully near the entry to T12 as there was another car coming pass. I was then slapped with a pit stop penalty for cutting the track :(:confused: IMO The penalty system should have recognized I lost so much time and not been issued. Double banger!

[​IMG]

19. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

iRacing, being quite a dumb system, doesn't pretend to know when you have or have not cut on purpose, but does figure out if you gained time.
    They then apply a penalty system whereby within half a lap or so you have to slow down in order to give up the time gained (which is shown very clearly!) or you risk a stop and Go and ultimately DSQ.

20. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Today another great race in Nurburgring: in three turn i passed from 81 SA to 75 SA.. car destroyed. Went to pit, exit from the server. If you are lucky you can have a very very good race and enjoy. If you are lucky............................. I would like to drive in wet races (where are?) but i imagine the result, i'll do this with 70 SA minimum. I also thinking about SPA my favorite. Can you imagine "eau rouge"? Hundred of flying cars like Airbus.