1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Use only SA50+ servers, lately I have 95% of good races, and try to stay away from troubles, there are many ways to do so.

Madsen and martcerv like this.
  2. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I would like this, but the list of my server is 98% empty. I wrong something?

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

How do you get all of the rated servers at the top ? ordered by rating?, in the list I see only about 10 rated servers

4. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Yeah, well I always look for a rated server. Today, just so happens I join a Paul Ricard SA 65 server with just one other guy in there with 13 minutes left to Q. By the end of Q it was seven guys. Great! I Q 2nd and figure this is a lock for a good race. WRONG!! Turn one some schmuck just crunches me. I gave all the room in the world, and still, same old crap. Guy didn’t even do a lap in Q and like most, can’t give three inches to the guy in front. It’s like it never dawns on people to just give a little room in T1. And this isn’t Monza where everyone is compressed together under heavy braking. Again, a 65 SA server.

5. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

I just posted about that race, I think. I saw you in there. I think you must have seen the contact I had in T1 as just mentioned above. Did you get hit by the Bentley, guy who’s last name began with V? What a dope.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah thats the guy. I saw what he did to you. I held back at T1, it was a 20 min race. Hard luck mate. I cleared him and one or two others but then I made a silly mistake and bumped a BMW. I gave the position back which put him back in the mix with me. Then at T11 I normally take a wide line on entry and he just went in too deep and clipped me. After the penalty I just retired.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Incidents will still happen but surely overall this SA65 must be considerably better then a full open server. T1 is the most regular place for issues, those that dont qualy really should just chill out a bit at the start even if they are quick enough to be up front. If they are so desperate for the lead then put in a good qualy lap.

Be put of position in a stronger field it will be tougher to het back to the front and sometimes you just wont make it past that many.

Saying that comparing my SA rating in the 90's Id need to race much worse then I do to get to 65. Your not goimg to get anyone in a sa 90 server as its hard enough to get them into a 50.

Some contacts can also be caused by latency and poor connections. Once in a server you dont see your own ping so if it goes off and something weird happens nobody knows wtf just happened.

Example here racing a good friend with low pings sub 40 (usualy) on our local server. No ping info this was a surprise to both of us and you could be racing unstable 400+ pings on any server.

Best chance we have for cleaner racing is the rwtings working for us. But dont go looking for a single issue and rubbish the entire system, compare a full race experiance against the same number of people in a fully open server.

Ive had some pretty good races in an open server but small fields and mostly all drivers Ive raced before. Any new person is always a risk of problems. Id much prefer to race in restricted servers to have more confidence in all new joinerd but sdaly still most here avoid sa restricted serverd like the plague.

Our SA50 I have spent hours in solo and at most have had 3 in total amd all friends. The idea of open restricted servers is you should be able to race anyone without too many issues if its strict enough.

We do need proper ping info and servers to be able to set ping limits too. But this is early access and everythung will improve including player numbers. With that will also come new influx of muppets so SA restricted servers will be even more critical post release.

This thread will likely explode the first week post release. ;)

8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I don't understand. I see even like 30/40 server. Only 4/5 are with people: 2 monza, 2 zolder, 1 misano and today 1 paul richard. The other are empty. Many of you said: " go to 50 SA server". Yes ok.. i'm looking for.. where are these? Where are wet races? I can't find. Is there something wrong in my choose in option list? The percentual in track, ping, night, wet and so on. And even i saw the same people in race. I don't think we are hundred people in ACC world. It's this my mistake?

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There isn’t a heap of people online at any one time tight now, this should improve after the actual release. If I’m in your shoes I would join a server that has SA50 and running track/weather I want and just do practice, almost always there a few people that will join, sometimes a good amount. At worst I’ll get more practice with the track/car combo. At best I should get some reasonable races

PiretSS2000, nrc689 and martcerv like this.
  10. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Do you ever feel it's impossible to concentrate when you witness over the top dickishness? Like shaking your head while you blow past your brake marker by 50m!?

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Em what? :confused: No not really... your not Mr BMW are you? :D:p

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

As Serge said, if you want something different in a server you often need to be first to join. Numbers are down however and most will only join busy servers, getting another going is often not easy.

Sometimes 2 or 3 more join then a few more followed by all the sheep once 10 or so are in.

The funny thing is most dont care what combo or conditions are set they just join a busy one. So if you want something different then just find an empty one and do some laps. If nobody joins a server though it will always stay empty. ;)

nrc689 likes this.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

No- Not mr. bmw.
    Just asking if you (or anyone else) sometimes lose concentration and make mistakes when the race goes bad from some random idiot causing trouble?

anthonylroy and Coanda like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If the server is full of Muppets I just leave, really pointless to be in this if you cant actually even do 1 lap where there isn't a car to dodge and cones are all over the track.
    [​IMG]
    Saying that @Minolin do you think people taking out cones and other trackside scenery should get OBW points, often it seems people on purpose just clean up every brake marker. It would help reduce track cutting too if people realize they need to stay on track a bit more, no cones should be on a regular race line. ;) Obviously dislodged ones mid track should not be a penalty, only if in their original position if that is possible.

PiretSS2000, Madsen, chksix and 2 others like this.
  15. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

"... full of muppets" LOL. Now when I'm thrown out at the beginning and I have to go back to the pit I leave the server. I don't want to make recoveries anymore. Sometimes, on the other hand, if I am particularly angry, I start pushing, I put aside my fair play and I become aggressive but always without throwing the others out. As for the cones on the track, Monza sometimes looks like a waste dump. There are people who enjoy pulling straight at T1 at 280 km / h and spreading barriers everywhere.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah that really ruffles my feathers big time. I'm sure some users do it deliberately. I am not sure about an instant rating penalty though. Maybe if your continuous offender. I raised this an issue thread to at least have them reset after each session. Please see here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...r-placement-objects-reset.55307/#post-1028811

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It depends mate. If it's continuous idiots then I guess so, if it's just a silly bump or dive and they don't give the place back that makes me angry as they have shown no respect and that makes me even more focused to chase them down, give them the flash & bird as I retake whats mine. To be honest I don't do a lot of MP driving due to my ping & timezone. I stay well away from Monza period or if I do go there I prefer to start at the back. If the server is full of fools I just leave. I can't be bothered with the headaches. I don't mind servers that just have a lengthy practice session. You can always do your thing then link up with a few drivers on your level for a little clean battle here and there. I find a lot less ego on these servers. Not that I mind ego or aggressive drivers but at least have the skills to back it up...

18. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I would add some punishment for each track side obstacle (cones, brake markers, ...) into the ranking (-1 for each in SA). I hate not having them there, in many cases they are some kind of pointer to us, specially at night.

Madsen and chksix like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Good point regarding nighttime. I originally thought a 1 point penalty was a little harsh however I now agree with you. Night driving is hard enough as it is without having markers.

Madsen and Mitja Bonca like this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its really not much different to hitting another car, and if someone does it often they aren't exactly safe to race with as they cant manage to stay on the track. I also agree they should be replaced minimum on the next session but possibly after a safety car or VSC if these get added in a future build.

Coanda likes this.