1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

There's loads to be positive about. Graphics, sound, weather, physics in particular. The issue is that none of that means anything if you can only play 15 mins races on spa and Monza with lots of crashing and nothing to play for in the long run - e.g. some sort of championship.

That's why I say in my previous post what a wasted opportunity this is. Underlying game is FANTASTIC, the multiplayer is weak.

2. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

I couldn’t agree more..
    Scheduled races and effective matchmaking would help a lot.

3. kro

kro Simracer

Wow All these cry's from the "Public Racer" … I think the rating system they have designed is genius , & everyone will feel better once they have a few good races under there belt , I (admin @ SimRacingOnline) have already witnessed players saying how good the system has been working in 0.7+ .. eliminating the wreckers ectt..
    We will be having or ACC Championships Saturdays starting in June ,a few weeks after 1.0 hits to allow for any necessary hot fix's :D ..

My only Question for MP is how will leagues like us be able to prosses the results ?
    Thanks!

4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

where did you get that information from?

5. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I couldn't agree more, I'm really bummed out too.

pedronano96 and Abwursten like this.
  6. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Ha ha, thats a wise statement for sure but here some of us in europe know nothing about this of being positive think for a while it seems...

...and thats why a guy from Australia has to be the pragmatic guy.

Just the everyday globalisation misfortune...

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Max Doubt likes this.
  7. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

I always tought tha word Competizione was due to its focus on the e-sport more than quickraces.
    Quickraces with safe and well matched racers are still welcome anyhow.

8. I think the same as most people here.

You have managed to create one of the best simulators, you have the best physics, graphics and incredible sounds, one of the best FFB, and the licensing system always seemed like a great idea.

But nothing is worth if the servers are empty, or if there are people on a server 3 or 4 seconds faster or slower than you, there is no fun.

The only thing we ask for is something similar to SRS, where you see the calendar and you sign up for a race that fits your schedule, matching yourself with people of your same classification and knowing that nobody will take away your position to participate ...

Many days I'm waiting for a person to leave the server to access, the other possibility is to enter a server where there are 3 people and wait for more people to join ... it really is a waste of time

Kunos, thank you for bringing us this great simulator, I really appreciate your work, but please listen to what the community is begging.

pedronano96, warth0g, trasgu and 4 others like this.
  9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And why would you limit to that? I play long races online almost everyday, and they are mostly clean and respectful.

And endurance races with driver swaps will come in due time, maybe not with 1.0, but I'm positive that they will.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you cant find anything good id suggest getting a refund. Physics and FFB are easly class leading, ratings system is very advanced and will give you a chance for solid clean mp racing outside of organised league.

Graphics, sound weather plus a full Blancpain schedule and car list. You wonder why they bothered to make the game. :rolleyes:

I dont see the point, its just rating how clean a driver is. Its not a pace rating, so unless you want to make sure someone hits you at least once every few laps. Why would you have an 80 max limit to make sure very clean racers cant get in?

If the 24hr of Spa event would be so popular who would pay for server hosting? A free service like Iracing would be way more popular then Iracing for sure.

But then also cost way more then it costs them due to higher user base and more servers required. All this provided for free because its what people want. No chit everyone wants everything for nothing but good luck with those dreams.

If Kunos announced a subscription model the majority would again have a big cry. Also a subscription model would greatly reduce the user base so be cheaper to run then one that is free.

This is an entirely different business model, they are providing tools to give you the opportunity for a much better mp experiance for a one off game purchase.

Many are wanting to leave Iracing because its too expensive and are upset they cant get the same thing for nothing elsewhere. No devs are smart enough to do this, I wonder why lol.

You wonder if there is a reason its way too expensive and why other devs havent done the same for free? First they are trying to make money not lose it, why dont you go beg in Iracing forums to make all content $50 and have no subscription but keep the same system.

Even RF2 when it came out had an annual fee for using MP, the funny thing was they gave you nothing but a lobby system and didnt even host many if any servers. You could get lifetime mp for it and at early access it was I think close to $100.

Then they eventually scrapped that mp charge as MP was mostly a ghost town.

ignission, RSR2KX, kuccu and 3 others like this.
  11. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

They have said many times they are listening. But we must understand not everything that we ask they can give us. And of course it will take time in case they do.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

jaxx_za and LeDude83 like this.
  12. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Just checked your website. When are you posting the schedule and at what time do you think the races will start? I’m in Las Vegas and can easily do EU times during the weekend.

kro likes this.
  13. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Who pays for a server of the 24 h of Spa? I don't know, but I'm gonna tell you something, I pay 4,5€ a month and I can make the "month" of Spa if I ****ing want. There's absolutely no problem setting up servers, just kunos decided to not do it.

14. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

And don't come saying "but you are paying a subscription" cause I'm pretty sure their already existing servers aren't free. All we are saying is that they should convert that servers into races with matchmaking

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Fair point. To be honest i am not fussed. It was a split second passing thought thats why I asked what people thought. Alot of people are banging on about racing drivers only around their skill level so I thought it may help. Also maybe people in the 70-80 range dont want to race against 95+ aliens... Maybe 95+ SA drivers are not all aliens so maybe the question should have been can a server be setup with SA rating + a PC rating between 70-80? Wouldn't that solve a lot of issues for some people?

16. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Having 100 SA doesn't mean you are an alien, you are just extra clean. You can be pretty slow thought

martcerv and Coanda like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah your right i was just editing and adding that to my post when you wrote this...

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats quite easy to do for 1 server maybe 30 people kunos provides a few free servers already. If they were to provide a free Iracing the average user base would be more then double current AC users. So 10000+ easily and then provide this at no cost indefinatly isnt a good business move. Its not a non profit charity, losing lots of money will just shut them down so why risk it all for this?

I for many years have ran up to 6 servers all out of my own pocket, will likely do again in ACC if I see a need for it. I dont expect Kunos to provide all servers for my one time payment and if I want servers I can run them easily.

Someone suggested on demand hosting, this is great if each customer you provide a server for is not a financial loss. A subscription based system you can ensure each customer gets hosting and you will at worst break even but you make it so your actually making more money with more players, not just losing it with every user online and for how long?

What happens if you have a big event and 100,000 people want to race? you just lose a stack of cash. Sure customers are happy with the bargain they got but its not going to happen.

Or provide a system like SRS with minimal servers similar to what Kunos currently provide. Maybe 10 servers so something for 300 people, if you have 10000+ wanting to race, the other 9700+ people will be happy with this system?

Oberonone and ignission like this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its kind of the main thing people dont seem to understand. You dont have to be fast or an alien, its not an elitest system. Anyone can easily be clean or learn to be cleaner if they arent currently.

You simply need to do your best to avoid causing contact and race clean, you should be glad to race with people that are 90SA+ and anyone with reasonable car control and awareness should be able to get 80+ rating I would think.

Choosing to not use ratings limited servers simply means you want to race with people that havent been identified as good to race with. In open or low rated servers there is no point complaining about poor racing, as it was your choice to accept this level when you joined.

Clearly its not for everyone and the vast majority dont care about clean racing. Let them have the open servers and do as they like in there. Just dont join these servers and expect anything better in there when ypu can easily avoid this using the system provided.

ignission likes this.
  20. 99% of people if matchmaking was a thing

Clic matchmaking button

Paul Ricard in the rain

Leave server

Clic matchmaking again

Hungaroring at night

Leave server

Clic matchmaking until Spa in a sunny afternoon

Chin, Mai_88, fsuarez79 and 16 others like this.