1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

This.

Keep the current system we have in place, simply add scheduled racing to it. Add a new square on the main screen to access these scheduled races, so completely separate from the server list we already have.
    To make this feasible, ask for a small fee of lets say $9,99 for 3 months subscription, $18,99 for 6 months or $29,99 for an entire year, let people try it out a month for free to lure more people in. If there's a couple of 100, maybe even a couple of 1000 players it should be more than enough to make this sustainable, to pay the costs for the servers and to pay someone to upkeep the servers, change tracks and what not. Maybe even make a small profit out of it.
    An extra ranking system, kinda like SRS did... a goal to race for, to make it more interesting, an incentive for people to keep coming back to the game.

The game is great in so many aspects, I'm afraid lacking a proper multiplayer mode will hurt the game in the end.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Nobody said 100k 10k is a bit of a different number ;) if what you guys are proposing with unlimited number of hosted servers for ACC which would be the holy grail for many sim racers and for free. You don't think you would get more then AC around 4k and a big chunk from other sims like Iracing, these are the guys most wanting this system. Quite a few from consoles and if you get 5k it will go to 10k pretty quick once everyone hears about this amazing free service. Then it will just grow from there, people are mostly like sheep and they like to follow the herd. That's how things go viral so easily but obviously running 10 servers for 300 people is rather different then scaling this up to even 5k 10k+ which such a good free service would achieve easily. Make it a paid service you'd be lucky to get 1k users and also sell considerably less copies of the base game if all mp was subscription based.

upload_2019-5-10_17-12-4.png

3. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

My mistake, I read 100000 but, this all time peak 4000, not everybody is going online. And its better if you have 6 official servers that allow 160 people than nothing. And in this peaks private championship are included and offline modes and also replay and other...

You missing the point, its not to compete iracing its to hold a schedule with 6 server infraestructure that allows a large base of players everyday to race on a rational way. And if one day you can not join official server because is plenty and you wait for next hour like it is now...

4. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

This is a very odd argument. You're basically saying here's a feature that everyone wants as evidenced by the fact that you think players will migrate from other sims because of it.

Why would a company not implement a feature that would attract buyers of their game?????

I agree the more players you have the greater the server cost but also the grater revenue your game makes. This argument makes no sense.

Patrik, PiretSS2000 and Tkeg like this.
  5. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Some people seem obsessed by the fact that online service has maintaiment costs. Of course. But its also a fact than you can do thinks with the actual infraestructure I think.

6. Revidix

Revidix Rookie

Subscription fee is the best way to kill a game, especialy if it's added post release and was not annonced from the very beginning, it would split the community.
    i would rather have cosmetic micro transaction then subscription, way more modern way for dev to earn money and to pay for servers, it also helped games to pickup attraction (CSGO, yeah i know far fetched exemple but hey it's true)
    i don't think "matchmaking" would work in a sim, it's perfect for fast paced game like csgo or moba's and battle royale but it just doesn't fit sim racing.
    Scheduled races are cool, would be very nice and if kunos is capable of adding it post release, if not i'll just go to third party systems like SRS, or just join a good French or European League.
    I think that looking at what we are going to have at release, the game is capable of offering a good experience to every part of the player spectrum and that is a succes for me.

PS: sorry for the bad spelling, it's confusing to write in english with french auto correct

7. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

I'm not developer but as I said in my previous post you can schedule official severs (17:00 18:00 and so on) and put a menu of weekly races like its in special events with the info that links with that servers. All with the actual infrestructure.

warth0g likes this.
  8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

A fact? Based of what?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

9. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

SRS

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Why has no sim done this then, if the costs are insignificant and why doesn't Iracing do it for free? Why do they charge even considerably more for content then most other sims and on top of this have an annual service charge?

In sims many interested in it will already own all of them and likely buy most future products, sure you would likely sell a few more copies but the biggest difference would be the MP user numbers. This is no issue with the current system AC or ACC use but unlimited hosting would be a reasonable anual cost, where is the money supposed to be coming to support this in the future? There are other games that use p2p networking but this is then down to the individual host's connection and more often then not turns to crap, miles away form good dedicated servers hosting especially in a sim game where good connections are very important.

There is no extra revenue to support ongoing server costs indefinitely and with the only limit being how many purchased your base game, its why those that provide this sort of service charge for it or else its not worth doing. The cost of the service plus some profit for the average user is a bit high so the userbase is quite low for the paid service which would be more popular if it was free obviously, but if its free the costs are also way higher then if it was a paid service so probably why its never going to happen.

11. kuccu

kuccu Gamer

SRS is not "free", somebody somewhere is paying for it.

ignission, LeDude83 and martcerv like this.
  12. Revidix

Revidix Rookie

I want it to be possible and if it is possible without major hassle, i have no doubt kunos will do it if enough people ask for it !
    but i'm not a developper, and i have no idea what kind of time it would take to do such a thing...

13. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Holy ****! I cant believe that. Srs host 4 servers. Now Kunos has 4 severs at least. Come on guys stop this bilderberg illuminati thing: some people do things with a brain instead not only big budget...

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  14. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Good lord, how many times do we have to say it. The servers are already there! You can join them now. All we are asking for is a front end that schedules a race on existing and already paid for servers and sorts people based on an already paid for and implemented rating system.

Doesn't seem like rocket science or expensive to me.

15. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

¿Is Forza 7 with all his budget and 300 developers better than Assetto Corsa? Come on!

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Forza sells how many copies and at what price? I also assume they have made 7 games plus DLC's and they likely use P2P networking which isn't great.

It would take a fair brain to put a few thousand people into 4 servers, maybe we can use yours. :rolleyes:

17. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

¿Who talks about thousands...? I talk about 160 all the time. No big brain is required for trolling on internet. Thats for sure...

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  18. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

It won't be a few thousand people. After a few weeks the community will thin out and we will be back to a few hundred at most.

Sim racing is small community, we aren't talking Fortnite here!

PiretSS2000, XettMan and PabloVND like this.
  19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So you think Kunos should just set up a few servers SRS style and that would be it?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

jaxx_za and PabloVND like this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Heres a thought. Why not have the option to put a PC range on the server as an additional option to SA.