1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I noticed that there are greyed-out preferences for safety and race craft in the advanced options already.

Coanda likes this.
  2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

There's not too many people joining SA required servers as it is, even less will join when you add a PC requirement. Minolin posted a while back that only a small percentage of people even unlocked the SA rating at all.

Coanda likes this.
  3. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

While I agree with all the people suggesting fixed events, I think the push-button matchmake idea has merit too, especially during off peak hours. I just fired up ACC to see if anything was going on, saw 19 guys in open Monza, was like **** that and closed the game. Could I sit in a server by myself for a while and see if anyone joins.. sure, but I don't really feel like it, there's other things I can do like have a drink and read the forums.

But it got me thinking. What if I had a button to click here "SA65+ Matchmake now." Lets say the system is set to start a race with 12 or more ppl. Would it be able to find 11 other clean drivers who want to race on a random track with dynamic weather right now at 5am in the eastern US? I bet it could, and that would be awesome.

fnegroni and SlimCharles like this.
  4. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

You speak without knowing
    You do not know what a competitive matchmaking game is.
    A serious competitive game with matchmaking if you leave the game penalizes you.
    Dota, CSGO, LOL, Rainbow Six ....
    Penalize your ratio, limitations to play or several days without being able to play

Do you want a serious game or a casual game?

Undoubtedly Assetto Corsa Competizione will be a casual game for the vast majority of players for how vain to guide the multiplayer

SlimCharles likes this.
  5. fabT

fabT Alien

That's the point.

Moreover as of now i think it's pointless enforcing a high SA server requirement ( e.g. 60-70 ).
    Not everybody is willing to grind up to 70, whatever the skill.

30 would be more than enough as a base, for the time being.

Imho.

6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

How about we change the Multiplayer tab to matchmake tab and when you click it it gives you list of servers to join.. ez fix

jaxx_za, Coanda and Arlo like this.
  7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's difficult to say what would be optimal without tests. I do agree that 70 is too high at this point in time.

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Although I don't agree with some of your previous comments, I do agree that I was hoping this would end up as being a more serious game. So many great aspects about this game, but if multiplayer will end up as driving for the sake of driving... the fun will just wear off. Atleast, for me.

TheBoss and jacyhv 2 like this.
  9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

So, what we have now but just change the name? :p

I don't care much about the matchmaking aspect tho, I wouldn't want 1 single button and get put into a random server. I was (and still am) hoping for some structured races.

warth0g and D.Jankovic like this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

"If they add the quick race button thing people will repeatedly get out until they find the lobby they want"

That's not true, that's not the point and that doesn't negate that there are another systems.

That's not true because, like @jacyhv 2 said, you have ways of avoiding that. For example punishing those people.

That's not the point because the point is that Kunos offered misleading information about the system and the game. You like this system? Great: many of us don't and many wouldn't bought the game if we knew that was it.

And that doesn't negate that there are other systems. This PCars2 alike system sucks, I know well because I have PCars2. SRS/Iracing or Gran Turismo are miles better. Gran Turismo is fantastic: you can choose from 3 races that change every week. You get in the race you want, drive the laps you want on qualifying and when you are happy with your time, the game automatically matches you (every hour when the event starts) with other people with the same pace and safety rating.

Im not surprised that people imply that this is a good system when we have years of Iracing and SRS. At the end, this is the official Assetto Corsa forum.

pippo10, PiretSS2000 and jacyhv 2 like this.
  11. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Now this is better than nothing for me

R. Iván, SlimCharles and PiretSS2000 like this.
  12. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Good to know that the devs are watching this thread and taking notes. I trust that they’ll listen to the community. There are lots of very good, thoughtful ideas in this thread. But some sort of scheduled racing is clearly what the majority think is needed. Let’s hope we get development focus on that as a matter of priority.

To reiterate, in my time zone in North America, the current approach doesn’t work. The server browser recommends a long list of empty servers. But I f you offer each geographic region a scheduled race to join at regular intervals, the community will follow. Right now, there is nothing to follow and nowhere to congregate outside of leagues and private servers.

ACC leads in almost every respect bar multiplayer IMO. It has the best graphics, FFB, physics, the Blancpain license, close simulation of an actual racing series and real innovation in the rating system.

Iracing has none of this, but it has scheduled races. You don’t need to replicate iracing fully to compete though. An SRS-like system would be more than enough. I don’t believe this is hard or needlessly expensive to do but it would make a world of difference.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You may as well not even have ratings on at that level, its barely going to make a difference so whats the point?

14. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Then it's official, v1.1 will include the 2019 update (new cars, track and a few other surprises) @10:17 also very happy to hear that you're still 110% focused on the pc version.

15. Juan Jesús

Juan Jesús Gamer

Very disappointed. Why did not you talk about the online at the beginning of the early access? Why did not you say that they were lobbies with filters to enter?
    because the word matchmaking sells more, right?

I feel cheated. I will never buy a game again until I see the final results of the development.

16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It was too nice to be true:oops:

17. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I don't think it can be said better

18. doamf

doamf Racer

I too, find the post underwhelming and a tale of missed opportunities.

First off we had discussions if this product was to be seen as AC2: the answer was a resounding no.
    Having read your post twice, I cannot escape my initial thought of: well this is basically being described as an "evolution" of AC1, nothing more.

Evolution in terms of:
    Physics
    Graphics
    Rating
    Content quality/consisteny in general, laserscanned tracks etc.

But other then that there seems to be a profound lack of content as opposed to AC1, as it concentrates only on Blancpain series GT3's unlike AC1.
    Due to this "limited content" I too was under the impression that because of that, it would be a highly immersive organised MP experience based on the Blancpain GT series throughtout its (real life) season with online competitions and/or league offered to "match", as a minimum.
    I am not talking cost or whatever, because that is for the companies to figure out how to make it sustainable.

With all respect for the developed rating system, what does that exactly do for us, the customers?
    All I see is a bunch of servers on line and where I often have to scroll down to the virtual bottom to find occupied servers. There is simply no way that I will go to an empty server and wait for people to join...., is not happening, the statistics are clear.
    Even the simplest thing as sorting (clicking) by field name (so you can sort the server list anyway you want) is missing. Hard to implement? Please...

Then there was some "chatter" about the importance of attracting more people. What is your philosophy?

What I see:
    A career mode....
    A quick SP mode (practice - endurance, farming of SA rating)
    Event mode (required to achieve a PC rating and participation in SRO gt-eseries competition)
    MP mode....server list
    That leaves us with the scheduled event through SRO eseries, where only the first 12 in the list (silver) are relevant in terms of the actual competition. And the kicker: If you choose to participate you'll have to be able/willing to travel to the venue of the scheduled event in order to compete at the venue of the real life races. Let me just say, that leaves most consumers in the dust and has no attractiveness to participate, most likely resulting in the same pool of silver players competing over and over again as long as they can be available and are able/willing to pay for the required travels at scheduled dates, for the rest of us: not relevant.

You count on user assistance and initiatives for leagues and scheduled races? Fine, but remember, its your product what makes it or breaks it and without a tighter MP integration with the actual Blancpain series it just becomes another sim with no clear advantages/offerings to differentiate itself from what is already out there, killing any aspirations for growth during incubation.

SA rating and penalties:
    Essential to have a more "advanced" penalty system reflecting real life rules and regulations rather then: Oopps contact: both penalty.....nothing innovative here
    Most popular example: T1 Monza - You get rear ended, spin out of control, hitting more cars resulting in multi penalties for same incident, really encouraging. To elaborate: it takes me on average 30 min of SP Quick race(100/100) to recover 2 SA points. (SA >90)!

My observation about the TO rating: SA has a lot of "influence", thereby bringing the focus to SA points in general if you want /need to maintain your current "rating". All fine and dandy as long as you have a penalty system to match that "philosophy." To me, as it is now, it is becoming a "pita" and does not encourage MP sessions at all. This has nothing to do with rated or non-rated servers btw, I am referring to the workings of the system itself. I would not mind at all to race on non-rated servers with a mix of players, as long as we don't get punished for it. That to me seems a problem in terms of attracting (and keeping) larger crowds. Not to mention the flawed "starting procedure", invariably resulting in considerable time/position loss from midpack downwards. In its current implementation a standing start would prevail each time, it does need improvements.

Regarding the UI.
    Why not going with the trend of building a platform? Or at least encourage it,
    You could for example integrate real live Blancpain events in the UI (Live events?) providing a direct link to GTsport (or whatever can be sanctioned by Blancpain) , the option to show a real life lap in GT3 car around the track you want to drive and so on., who knows? In addition
    it could develop into a lively micro-transaction side for liveries, car set-ups and what not. A social platform: make it at least possible in-game to invite or accept "new friends" with a click, better chatting possibilities. Imo those details will help to differentiate and hopefully grow into a large(r) community.

As always, I mean the above with respect, I have invested many hours in this sim and for (me) good reason. As a sim it has its basics covered, but that's it, nothing more and the post does not do anything else then re-affirming that.
    BTW, if this posting gives the impression of complaining instead of constructive criticism then I kindly refer to the fact that I am not a native speaker of the language :)

Racert46, theivansk, chksix and 5 others like this.
  19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I'm not so much disappointed, just a bit bummed out about the whole thing. I don't regret buying this game and I'm willing to spend more money on it, whether or not the online structure will be adjusted in the end.

The thing I'm most concerned about is how the game will end up in the long run. Sure, the playercount will increase when the game launches and there will be plenty of lobbies with different track/time/weather conditions to choose from, but what about in a year's time or even more. It's just fact that a lot of people will join in on launch and slowly but steadily the playercount will drop until it reaches a base number. Will the limited content be able to keep enough players active for us to have servers to join? (Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about limited content, I knew from the start what I was buying, but it's just a fact that it's quite limited content wise.)
    I just think it needs something extra to keep players coming back, and I really was hoping that would be some kind of structured multiplayer mode. Not only for the sake of people to keep coming back, but to give some purpose to the game too, a reason to race aside from the fun of driving.

I'm not here to complain about Kunos as a company, I don't feel lied to, misled or cheated. I still think the price I paid for this product is a steal, 25 euros for over 250 hours of playtime already, before the game even has officially launched. I'd pay more than 25 euros for even 1 extra DLC pack, knowing the content will be of the same (or even better) quality than what we already have in game.

I can't wait to start doing some league racing in this game, especially the endurance races.

Poguinhas and warth0g like this.
  20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

At least you learned something. That's a good thing. I wish many more people would have known this too, this forum would be a cleaner space without so much moaning.