1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I seriously have little to no clue what you're discussing? Matchmaking? I thought that was for FPS games? It's not like you'll instadie should a faster driver share the same track.

While ya'll *****in', I had an awesome race yesterday. I had a really good race previously this week as well. And a few the week before...and hopefully I'll have another great race this weekend, matchmaking or not...

D.Jankovic likes this.
  2. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

You're correct, it's not hard to understand which is why it's difficult to work out why you've chosen to misunderstand it in such a specific way. Where does it say that matchmaking can't be done using the internal rating system? Just because it's done differently elsewhere, doesn't mean that that's the only way you're allowed to do it. They haven't lied, you've just chosen your own alternative truth. You clearly have a very inflexible view of how it should be done and that's not how Kunos is currently viewing things. If you don't like it, go somewhere else but please stop bleating about it.

chksix, Arlo, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  3. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Fixed

4. plaid

plaid Alien

@Minolin

Are the 911 cup and the Lambo Trofeo just in the 24h of Spa or are they supported in the singleplayer as kind of a support series - the trofeo is and the 911 cup was part of the official support races I believe, idealy in the career as an entry level? Or maybe in the future?
    I searched but I didn't found any info.
    Would add quite some variety imo.

BrakeCheck101 likes this.
  5. Stains

Stains Simracer

Is there any setting that removes the really noticeable artifacts that are visible from the screen space reflections when the windscreen wipers move over the wet road reflections ?

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Its called "clickbaiting".

I unsubscribed off some of those. At least they won't get any more viewings from me :)

7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

THIS, a million times. I'm not sure if all people generating this drama want ACC to succeed or not, but if they do want ACC to succeed, they are doing it the wrong way. Constructive criticism is always good, but so much negativity when ACC has not even been officially released... makes me really sad.

jaxx_za, eracerhead and Son like this.
  8. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

How d'ya think I feel, looking at qualifying results sometimes!

Tho there's always good racing going on through the field, for example the link here is a short clip from the 2nd lap on my SA70 Monza server just a short while ago... and not a matchmaking button in sight. ;)

https://streamable.com/b8d2w

9. Try to create bug report.

10. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

My problem is I feel cheated. They told me I will get something they don't do and I can't return the game because I played more than 2 hours when they told me play this game and give me feedback. So what's the point of early access then? To lie people to get money? I will never support an Early Access of Kunos or other people. You shouldn't too. We are not getting something cheaper, we are getting another thing for a price we would never have paid. I think we all should get a refund if anybody wants because we have not received what you promised, Kunos.

Don't get me wrong. I want this game being the very best. Not a destructive critic, I just thought "Competizione" and "matchmaking" were something different than pCars, AC1, and more similar to iRacing (in fact matchmaking is what iRacing do, not weight servers or something that you propose). Server list seems like a way of casual driving even if it is filtered by Safety Rating. Competition Rating is not really useful then. BTW, I still don't know what will promised "Special Live Events" (don't confuse with Special Events) will be. I thought it could be official races, but if I'm posting it's because it is not. Anyone knows what is it going to be?

I totally love the way it feels driving this cars, with that physics and lightning and rain, but I definitely want that Assetto Corsa Competizione means there is a Competition, like in other games. I would love to pay even more to get it (but you said in other words that what iRacing do is impossible not charging lots of money (say hello SRS btw...)). Think on it Kunos. Every SRO competition with all that many tracks and having officials would be so good. I know you said it's not finished on 1.0 and i hope you get to the point ACC has got a good and competitive multiplayer.

EDIT: I hope you don't understand this as an insult, and if Minolin or other developer reads this, take this as a thing to make a better game. I know there is the chance to get to that multiplayer level. Just do it. I guess you got pressure from SRO to publish the game, but say at least it will come on an update. Don't kill the game before the release saying what you said on that post. And again, what makes me get angry is lie. You knew what you said on the post on 0.1. Next time say it before launching Early Access.

XettMan and carlossanchez97 like this.
  11. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Please give me a link to the single, definitive definition of "matchmaking" in racing games. You can't, because there isn't one. Like many others, you've made an assumption that matchmaking means a certain thing and are not willing to accept that it may have other solutions. You only feel cheated because you have a narrow, fixed view of what matchmaking means and you're not flexible enough to accept that there may be valid alternatives.

jaxx_za and kuccu like this.
  12. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

Matchmaking is matchmaking wherever I use it, not only a MOBA or an FPS or a Card Game. You get matched with others of same level while entering ingame. In Dota 2, LoL, Hearthstone, GT Sport, Battlefield (i can continue...), you can make custom games but there is matchmaking too (this play game button). What they use to match (Safety or Competition) is not important here. In Racing games we got GT Sport example or iRacing. You cannot deffend this case. Matchmaking is Matchmaking.

XettMan and Si. like this.
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm lost, here.o_O
    As you put it, matchmaking is "get matched with others of same level", but using "Safety or Competition is not important".
    So, to understand it I have to ask: for you, what should be matchmaking in ACC?

14. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

It's not important which they chooseo_O (as I said what they use (one or the other) is not important in this conversation), one, other or both. For example GT Sport choose both, iRacing choose Competition, but filter categories by Safety, and other games just Competition as Safety doesn't apply? Did you understand now???

I don't know which approach of matchmaking should be used, but definitely one is needed if you don't want this game dead.

15. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Of course I can. I'm flexible enough to accept that there can be more than one solution to a problem. Why is matchmaking between racers with the same in-game ratings not matchmaking? GT Sport and iRacing have their own versions of matchmaking. That doesn't mean that there can't be an alternative - they haven't patented the word! You've decided what you think it is but that doesn't necessarily make it so (except for you, of course).

16. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

It is. We don't have it here. And by the way, you seem to dislike this game when you want it dead on release because it has not got that promised multiplayer matchmaking. At this moment GT Sport is even better for "Competizione" than this game. Miles away.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    XettMan likes this.
  17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

No.
    Please enlighten me: what should be matchmaking in ACC?
    A "race" button that would send me to a server with players of identical rating?
    A race schedule with servers to be populated with players of identical rating from where to chose one to race in?
    An option to filter servers by rating level, from where to chose the one with the track/duration/weather where to race?
    A group of options to select which servers will match the choices made (duration, track, rating, weather, etc.)?
    None of the above?
    Something else?

18. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

An official race schedule with servers populated by so many people so the servers create many "rooms" (let's call them as it maybe, don't really know what their names are. Maybe splits as iRacing?) with people matched with other with similar licenses.
    THIS would be extremely good. The perfect one due to number of players SimRacing can attract now. It's not impossible to do. If SimRacing had as many players as LoL for example we just could delete the schedule because we could match people whenever you wanted. That's why iRacing got a schedule. Because there's not so many people (yes 3000 people connected simultaneously is not so much compared with f2p games). If you have another doubt say it.
    Anyway Kunos made a different approach of License system and I love it, so maybe real matchmaking made by them is great too. Just make a matchmaking system.

It is so difficult maybe. Poliphony did it (they copied the system). Even if they got money from Plus users, it is not as much (not every euro payed on plus goes to devs). We could maybe get a subscription to access it. Maybe...

Edit: BTW, I hope you don't think I'm a hater. I just deffend my rights (Yes, they promised it) and suggest the developers (as they asked on release of Early Access) better functionality for their game.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  19. This Midnight guy :) It's me ;)
    The race was awesome. Mostly very fair drivers. And also because of the changing weather at the end.

20. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

We made an assumption match-making means something that makes matches, is not the case here. Stop using that argument, is weak.