1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I'm pretty sure that everyone that is being extreme negative is because they fell lied and cheated.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

The internet is just a piece of technology, it's all down to people. We're essentially pointing the finger at social media and the internet for basic human behaviour that's been with us for hundreds of thousands of years. All that's really happened is the internet has ripped the mask off society and forced us to take a good look at ourselves and what we're really like, and it is a "we", not them.

Like most natural disasters it will hurt short term but I think we'll come out the other side a much better species. Or we'll murder each other, probably taking most the other life on the planet with us in the process. But that's how nature works, **** or get off the pot.

Freddie Seng, robbio71 and Winston like this.
  3. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

FFS what do they expect? A working matchmaking with ~300 players? Dream on, especially if you want races longer than 5 minutes. Either that or you will have search times >15 min to make a real match up. If Kunos even want to begin thinking of a matchmaking system, they need to have 1000+ players online consistently. If we, as a community, grow this game to those numbers then it might eventually be possible, However, making videos like you say works only against such opportunities.

Player numbers are the most important bit here. Scaring people away from the game will only be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"Lied and cheated" in what way? "But if the people feels cheated, I don't think the problem is of the people"? Kunos didn't exactly promise much for ACC. Everything that's on the homepage/steam store page is either done, bugs notwithstanding, or in the works. Everything is WIP and subject to change. That they could implement more features to make it a more complete package isn't in question. But I don't see how they broke any promises.

5. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

They advertise the game with matchmaking, and a lot of people has said it, if they knew that it wasn't true, they wouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

pedronano96 likes this.
  6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

It is matchmaking on his own way.:)

7. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

It is NOT. It is a server's filter, and that stuff is from 2007 in Forza Motorsport 2

PabloVND likes this.
  8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I think its really cool he mentions that it’s a simulation and waves ‘game’ away. Normally for pro teams they have their own ‘simulation’ not available to the public. And in this respect they are giving us the whole shabang, otherwise a ACC Pro version would be available to the teams but from what I gather nope we get what they get and that’s good

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Erm...no. There is no global agreement on a definition of "matchmaking".
    I have the strong impression that you expected something you know from some other game/genre/whatever and Kunos "failed" to deliver to your expectation.

You're just ranting, IMO.

Dookie, Felge Schneider, pons and 6 others like this.
  10. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Show me the actual, written definition of "matchmaking" which says that it has to be like iRacing does it. The word hasn't actually been copyrighted by iRacing, you've just interpreted it your own way which different to how Kunos interpret it. They're just as correct as you are. If you don't like it, don't play it - I'm sure there are plenty who will.

pippo10 likes this.
  11. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I don't think that kind of matchmaking was ever discussed... The safety rating was about as close to matchmaking as anyone really needs?

12. Si.

Si. Simracer

People haven’t been lied or cheated, they made assumptions and jumped to their own conclusions on what multi-player would be, that’s quite a different thing.

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok do I now say "c'mon, how many places do we need to "discuss" this matter (where basically everything has been said ages ago?)"?
    Or "If we wouldn't have this server page, but would immediately connect you to the first (=highest rated for your personal profile) server once you click Multiplayer - who wouldn't call that matchmaking? (not scheduled race though)"

But I guess we should stick to the first one. Don't we have any other topics? I had a blast on the #01 server today, really impressive pace and quality out there. @MrGit@Twitch also has some good servers running, but the amount of aliens there is disturbing and shattering. Still, using 0.7 is tough, I miss a few small but convenient features ok that wasn't fair I guess

Ischemica, Echo_29, tjr and 8 others like this.
  14. I really hope that between now and the 29th (the sooner the better, honestly) Kunos provides a full car list, track list, and features (custom liveries?) list that will all be part of v1.0

15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Tracks and cars we already know.

10 Tracks (the list is already available inside ACC, visible when selecting track):
    Zolder
    Monza
    Brands Hatch
    Silverstone
    Paul Ricard
    Misano
    Spa
    Hungaroring
    Nurburgring
    Barcelona

17 Cars:
    Honda NSX
    Aston Martin Vantage
    Audi R8
    Bentley Continental
    BMW M6
    Emil Frey Jaguar
    Ferrari 488
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Lamborghini Huracan
    Lexus RC F
    McLaren 650S
    Mercedes AMG
    Nissan GT-R
    Porsche 911 GT3 R
    Porsche 911 Cup
    Lamborghini Rex
    Lamborghini Super Trofeo

Arlo likes this.
  16. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Fixed.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Next thing you know people start raging how minolin is teasing them with unreleased features :D :D :D

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Aseeth, Arlo, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Schedules races, or matchmaking maybe ...:eek::p:p:D:D

19. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Matchmaking means a system than MAKES MATCHES.

A matchmaking system could make matches by queue-ing people (most of FPS titles) or by organized matches in time (GTS, iRacing)

A server list is by definition NOT matchmaking, because is people who are making matches, not any matchmaking system.

Is not hard to understand. There is no "interpretation" to do in here, it was a marketing lie.

And people defending them with weak arguments like you is very sad.

Cookiejar and pedronano96 like this.
  20. People crying like it is the end of the world because of a feature in a recreational video game not living up to their standards is very sad.

If Kunos implementation of matchmaking saddens/angers/triggers you this hard due to your expectations based on their marketing, please never buy a beer, burger, or Axe body spray after watching a commercial for any of those products. You will quite literally drown in your own tears when your expectations meet reality.

Pekka, Aseeth, chksix and 6 others like this.