1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yep, just lost 9 medals I acquired today :mad: anyway sh!t happens... :cool:

2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

With good settings there is nearly always some good results.
    I play in VR with a rather old rig. It's never perfect, but I've nothing to complain. ACC is amazing.

Then of course, the picture is far better on a regular screen than in VR.
    In VR we have the road in 3D, and we are inside the car eveything under our eyes, it's always amazing. But because of the pixel density of our screens (Oculus Rift CV1 for me) the far distant objects becomes a mesh a pixels. High SS can't solve this. Higher res screens can : Samsung Odyssey + for example.

In a regular screen the graphics are perfect, but there is no 3D. Every corner is flat, sometimes it's difficult to judge the distances. Coming from VR it needs some period to readjust my driving.

Imo both situation has its pros & cons. I would still prefer VR, but I really would like 3D with amazing graphics.

So... is there any solution in ACC to play in 3D on a regular screen ? A 3D side by side or any other 3D setting ?

I have a 3D videoprojector, I did play some Crysis 3 and Gears of Wars in 3D. We have both 3D and amazing graphics.
    I really would like to see this with ACC...
    Maybe with Vorpx ?

3. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Is there a way to force the textures being streamed in always the same quality? I‘ve only tried the line r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=0/1 in my Engine.ini with 0 streaming from very low def to very high def and 1 streaming always in the highest def. Since there are different steps of streaming I would like to know if it is possible to stream in a little lower def.

4. Check it out:

Arlo, f_deutsch, jsmith.ls.uk and 2 others like this.
  5. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Texture streaming in ACC was broken as hell for me on 4 GB VRAM. I just disabled it completely with -NOTEXTURESTREAMING added to ACC properties and now i have sharp textures instantly without any problems.

6. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

That made my game freeze within 5 sec, when my ram (16gb) and vram (8gb) got maxed out.

Attached Files:

• 0001.jpg
      0001.jpg
      File size:
      152.2 KB
      Views:
  7. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

That‘s why I am looking for a „constant streaming“ but lower res. HiRes textures give me (780 Ti) very low Performance. Streamed textures on the other side look *** ugly at times.

8. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Didn't even notice that lol. Game was running same as without that command but there is definitely RAM leaking with that. Shame. Kunos need to work on textures streaming very soon because it's an issue for months now.

9. Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster Hardcore Simmer

Does anybody know if Steam Achievements are coming? Quite surprised there aren't even any for single player...

tw1st likes this.
  10. It is performing unexpectedly well. :)
    Can you keep the frame rates above 60 fps in this scenario?

11. Erik Frisen

Erik Frisen Gamer

So the Fatal unreal error message followed with game crash happened to us lots yesterday. We pinpointed the error message to when someone joined the server. When I joined my friend would get the crash. When he joined I would get the crash. After a few times we managed to get in and do the race.

12. baboon

baboon Alien

Today I installed ACC for the very first time. I spend almost 4 hours with career mode driving the Frey Jag and after I had setup the graphics and control options I was enjoying the game soooo much. I love the sounds and the looks and driving feel and ffb! The two 20min races I did at Zolder were really good, one AI driver even pulled off a great surprise overtake move on me.

It's just great for me at the moment to dicover this new sim after 6 months without simracing. I'm very happy now :)

13. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Thanks.
    I can use radar instead of side mirrors but it just doesn't look or feel right with the mirrors obscured by the webbing.

14. Keithb23

Keithb23 Rookie

I'm really enjoying the game except for the fact that the career mode keeps crashing and I have to start the race weekend over again. It wouldn't be so bad but it takes well over an hour to get through the practice session, qualifying sessions, and then the two races. I made it through the first weekend at Zolder up to the end of the first race and when I clicked on continue the game crashed. Now I have to do the weekend over again. For some reason the game isn't auto-saving after each session so I can continue. Perhaps I've missed a setting somewhere?

Other than that I have no real complaints. Cars look fantastic. Sound is excellent. It's running very well on my machine (i7 water cooled, 32gb ram, 1070ti) and I really like being able to customize the view per car. Well done there Kunos! AI seems quite good as well. Once the bugs are squashed and animated pit-stops are implemented (fingers-crossed) I will be a very happy camper.

Looking forward to the next update!

Freddie Seng, mikendrix and jaxx_za like this.
  15. It drops to between 47-53 at the very start (stays smooth though)

After_Midnight likes this.
  16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Are we getting full course yellows (fcy) and safety cars in the future or is that danger close to wishlist territory?

17. I hope not. Wasted too much time out of my life pacing behind the safety car on the oval side of iracing.

After_Midnight and jaxx_za like this.
  18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

:D

19. szut

szut Rookie

I totally agree with this. This is the main issue for me too at this point as a "casual" player of Assetto Corsa. Please Kunos, take a look for example at what Digital Combat Simulator or Benchmark Sims people are doing on this front…

20. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Fcy could be good since don't have to last more than 1 or 2 minutes if enabled on long races but honestly I don't care too much, we are good even without FCY. SC is a nono for me