1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I would really appreciate a statement from Kunos about why the game is clearly not in a 'release' shape, what the problems behind the scenes were and why they just did not took longer time to work on it, like 2-3 more months. Game devs know more than anyone if something is not properly polished and working as intended, so thats nothing we would need to convince them about first. Knowing Kunos from NetKar Pro and AC1 it looks so not like their philosophy to release something that is contentwise there but technically not in a good state at all, plus missing promised features. I refuse to think it was entirely their decision to release version 1.0.0 in may 29th. There got to be more to the story here and i would really like to hear it if possible. On top of my head i only can come up with two reasons. 1) Contract bound with Blancpain GT Series or 2) Running out of funding so needing fresh money off of release sales.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

We updated the TR dection with 1.0.1, Spa shouldn't give you any trouble now. Could you please use the HUD Option
    upload_2019-6-4_11-30-7.png

and see in which corner your progress gets resets, and why?

3. pablito

pablito Rookie

I tried it yesterday after patch to 1.0.1...and its not reseting but i can continuos drive with full green bar (corners indicator) and more good laps than needed for medal like 10/4....and no matter where I made mistake good laps are back to 0/4...and medals stay 2/3.

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ok then the client math is fine, let me check your profile. Thx for the report.

pablito likes this.
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You said it yourself.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

6. First off, pretending to ask a question when all you are really doing is spouting off your own opinion is lame. Secondly, Kunos are going to continue to work on the game for much more than just two or three months so what does it matter? And third, what happens behind the scenes is none of our business. (we are consumers, not shareholders)

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Game is rushed maybe because 2018 year is done ..and 2019 is half way trough already.. as said in developer interviews they have tight schedule because if they release 2018 at the end or after 2019 who will play it?

With the september eary access we got to play the 2018 cars in 2018 and then slowlly recived content till 1.0 now 2019 we got 1.0 with all the cars and tracks of 2018 year.. witch will keep us bussy as they work on 2019 content..

then when 2019 free update drops we will get all the new cars and track. And it will be still relevant because Rl season will be ending.

Hope that this makes sense

8. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Had a much better race just now at Spa in QuickRace - no problems (apart from an idiot other driver who tried twice - but failed twice - to take me out at the last chicane when I passed them into Blanchimont (you know who you are T).

The standard of racing still remains pretty poor, I have to say.

9. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

How do I enable the chat screen in sim?

10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Press enter.

C3PO likes this.
  11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It's only my opinion, so it doesn’t mean much, if anything at all, but I think that ACC would have benefited in EA stage of a greater number of releases and using the EA crowd as a way to point some aspects that would require improving. Perhaps with it some issues that are currently being pointed could have been addressed earlier.

Probably the path used for v1.0.1 can be followed for the future updates, with those willing to test and contribute to ACC improvement using a public beta before the update is publicly released.
    I think AC as benefited greatly during the EA stage and how Kunos was willing to include the players in development. Perhaps ACC would have benefited as well if the EA was identical to AC in that aspect.

Others can have a different opinion but I take Kunos team in high regard precisely of how they are committed, their willing to openly interact with players, very open to take feedback and suggestions and great to able to find solutions for the issues that can be called. Kunos is probably the dev team with a more interactive relation with the players and more capable to overcome the difficulties presented.
    I just think that in ACC there is longer bridge between the feedback given by the players and the moment Kunos make their solutions available, which can lead to some issues being detected and addressed a bit later than could be.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  12. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

When this simulatione is working somewhat properly, it is a very good experience but unfortunately there are too many bugs and strange things happening or missing for this game to work like it should.

It hard to say / admit I am disappointed because I really wanted this to be a good game. I had faith in Kunos but this has been damaged during development and by this to me rushed release. I know that they will keep improving on this game but I am afraid that with the negative vibe that now has descended around the Internets it will and has hurt the player base.
    Friends and People I race with are not buying ACC because of the negative reviews and bug reports. This is from people that have bought every DLC that AC had to offer. And to be honest I cannot recommend them this game in its current state. And we need people to use this game otherwise the online part goes dead and then all we have left is racing offline against the A.I. until they hit back markers which they cannot overtake thus ending the racing.

There are many bug reports and things missing but here is just a an simple example:

The total lack of info in game about the ECU and throttle map settings of the car. We have to search this info on the forum but that is just unrealistic, to expect every customer to come here for info that should be in game. You guys took the time to write this info then make sure the players can see this in game. Tell the average player that he need to change his setting to wet in the ECU through the MFD when the rain starts coming down.
    MOTEC info anyone? Brake Ducts, what do they do? How does the MFD work?

Or How do I enable the chat screen in sim? This question is asked so many times in this forum even by AC regulars……. Press enter!!!! But were is this info????

Just add more info pages explaining this stuff in the GAME. You cannot make a simulator without the proper documentation and expect people to know what to do.

Then we have the Matchmaking fiasco (Wrong interpretation / use of a word but it was not good for the reputation of Kunos) , the proper triple support that is missing (in a racing game aimed at Sim Racers…with sim rigs costing thousands of euro.), VR implementation not great and now even being removed from the steam store info, not being able to map a key to the keyboard. The AA that looks very bad at the moment. Online we can not even see in the lobby how long the the next session will be, will I race 20 min or one hour? There are so many other flaws and bugs that are hurting this game and should not have been in a 1.0 release. The forum is already full of bug reports.

I really hope ACC will recover from this negative vibe but I am afraid that already it will be too late.

And before the usual suspects come to blindly defend, this is my opinion and some of my racing friends. I understand yours may be different and the game is perfect for you as it is, but for some people I know and myself it is not.

I just wonder if you all act the same when you order a sport car with a V8 in it and when you come to pick it up at the dealer the message is that 4 cylinders are working so we delivered a drivable car but of course we will keep working on the other 4 cylinders and hopefully after a few months we get this sorted and the engine will run properly. Then we will start working on the other things missing like the indicators as they are not a requirement for the car to be drivable. (Many car seem to suffer from these missing working indicators btw.) Then for the documentation of what all the buttons do in the car you bought, you need to go to the makers web site and do search for that info online after you got permission to access this forum.
    The fact that this software cost 45 euro and the car at least a thousand times more does not give one an advantage over the other, both are products that are for sale and should deliver what was promised.

13. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Same as with PC2 probably which was also more of a 0.8 than a 1.0 on release day; publisher/other investors want it on the shelves asap.

14. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

First off, you interpreted my post in a certain way and took it for objectivity. My intent was not to "spout" anything as i wrote civilized.
    Second off, i know i am no shareholder, thats why i said "i would appreciate". I did not demand anything.
    You are a bit of a jumpy one, aren't you :) I noticed that in other posts as well. Here it came to bite you.
    Meanwhile i love this game, recommended it to many gamer friends of mine and will continue to have fun with it.

Dewald Nel and Keithb23 like this.
  15. Si.

Si. Simracer

Perhaps it’s just their opinion. Just a thought.

vanveen likes this.
  16. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

You are right!

17. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

Guys, do you see on special events leaderboard a cheater named Jose Mercado? I mean he is miles away on lap times, not even 5 seconds, like 30...

18. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Is there a possibility with the events leaderboards to also see how many people in total are in there? I mean, if i am place 3452, then it would be cool to know if from 4000 or 10000 drivers.

19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

You can in your Driver Profile. Click on PC rating.

f.e.negroni, mister dog and th3o like this.
  20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I feel like every time i get into an oversteering with the 911 GT3 R, there is some trickery going on and the car catches sorta itself. It should actually be beyond the point of saving but for some reason it straightens itself up again. Why? I have stability control turned off in the settings.