1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please ladies and gentlemen, race ACC online

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by menos | M6, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Very true, forgot about that.

I still would have thought there’d be a way ACC could manage it though. Maybe I’m wrong.

2. Rudski

Rudski Alien

@eRacer212 You may want to reconsider your "the rookie times" picture. It takes up a ton of space on the screen with little to no value whatsoever.
    I don't want to put you on ignore but it's almost at that stage where I'm just sick of seeing that stupid picture.

Jebus and eRacer212 like this.
  3. About the GDPR regulations: if I'm not wrong, every ACC user, on first launch, has to agree to the 505 data policy. I guess this is mainly to give consent for the usage of our data, including the use in multiplayer events and leaderboards. If it's true, GDPR shouldn't be an obstacle to have public classements/leaderboards available online. I'm more keen to think that, at this moment, we just don't have access to any front-end (ingame or in the web) that we can browse to see ACC drivers' statistics, unless it exists and I ignore it, that can be an option indeed

chksix and BrakeCheck101 like this.
  4. The schedules could also be enforced by restricting options for the server host. I made some suggestions in this direction on the the PC2 forum a while ago:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...le-implementation-of-structured-online-racing

5. chakko

chakko Alien

To be totally honest, i don't even know whether or not they have to comply to the GPDR anyway, when their users come from Europe... that thing is so convoluted and weird. I've seen American websites prompt me to confirm that they comply to the GPDR, and handle my data respectively. The EU is trying to rule what the world does that way. I've also seen a lot of small businesses wrap their stuff up, and close shop, or businesses who removed forums, or guestbooks on their site, so that they won't get sued, because they just can't stem the effort to make everything comply to the GPDR. AFAIC, it's crazy, and hurts small businesses the most, and causes LOADS of additional bureaucracy everywhere, while having very little effect.

mESCx, chksix and BrakeCheck101 like this.
  6. ignission

ignission Simracer

Have you updated your video drivers?

7. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

You are right is to big, done.
    The picture is not stupid, just the way you ask for things. You did have to insult, didn't you? You couldn't just talk to me like a normal person.

8. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

RACE !
    ONLINE !
    NAO !
    GET TO THE GT3´s !

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  9. chakko

chakko Alien

So, ACC multiplayer could be absolutely great... if it wasn't so ridiculous. First, i bump into someone, when we were starting for the flying start, because he totally slept in front of me, and started 5 seconds after the guy before him went off. I tog thrown from the server... then, i join another server, and, in turn 1 at Monza, i touch the guy in front of me very, very softly, and he spins out. I say sorry, he says "Thank you pig", and i get banned from the server.

Seriously, are we a little ridiculous today? WTF is wrong with such idiots. Would like to race online, but, such retards really spoil everything.

So, if there's any server mods or admins in here, guys, chill the f*** out. Mistakes can happen. It's not as if i did that deliberately.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  10. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

Starts are a joke, really. Why can't they implement the iracing method is beyond me. I'm not getting mad anymore when I get punted, mistakes happen. I was at both ends of accidents. But they need to rework the start sequence.

ohjeah likes this.
  11. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep.

And, sorry for the rant, i was a bit upset after that. Just had some niiice races, as a redemption. :) The rating system also seems to work, for the most part. I just think it's too complicated. 4 ratings would be plenty, 7 ratings, with none telling abbreviations is no good... keep it simple. That's what i would recommend. Most won't bother to read long posts describing a unnecessarily complicated system.

12. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Well, could it be that a weak multiplayer (match making) concept contributes to this situation. In other sims races have to split because large amount of partipants - and recently I assume that more than 1000 racers (approx. 700 teams) were participating in one endurance race.

13. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Sshhh careful, the fanboys can't hear the word matchmaking without going nuts.

Well, now it's too late for matchmaking anyway, game barely has any players online...

coiso likes this.
  14. What an useless post.
    ACC is a Kunos title. They proved in the years that they can make great titles.
    If you want it all, and you want it now, maybe the best option for you is looking to other products, like iRacing or RRE, I guess nobody will force you to stay here and wait for bug fixing.
    As for me, I trust the guys at Kunos and I think my trust will be rewarded with countless hours of racing and fun, the same way it was with AC and with netKar-Pro.

renato63 likes this.
  15. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I know you are upset, but I would recommend, as a general rule, to not post anything while being angry. The message gets lost and looks funny. I've been there, I've done it myself.

16. Watoh

Watoh Gamer

I love racing online. But have yet to even consider it. The reason is simple, I haven't had enough time to learn the game. Since release, 2 weeks ago, I've played about 8 hours, I am yet to learn half the tracks.... I'd be a complete liability online right now. It'll take me a few months until I'm confident to go online... and even then I'll be crap compared to most people.

Racing online is tough & demanding... the simple fact that you cant 'pause' an online race is enough of an issue. Do I ignore my wife, kids, friends or work on the phone because i'm racing? No... so time to race online is sparse. But when it comes together... arrr joy.

tjr and Roberto Olivetti like this.
  17. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Could you be any more ridiculous? You hit people in every server you’re in, you get banned each time, and then you have the nerve to complain about admins? WTF is wrong with you? Stop hitting people and you’ll have a much better chance of getting a good race.

trasgu, XettMan, Pekka and 2 others like this.
  18. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I believe is way easier to remember one bad race with incidents than many races with good, fair, clean race.

Indeed, yesterday I entered a Monza race where there was the well known idiot that rams people on purpouse and even laughting about it on the chat. We are not going to get rid of that while there are open servers with very low safety rating. I mean, if you see an unrestricted server you know the risks if you want to join it.
    On the other hand, I had about 3 different races on SPA where you can clearly see people being aware of other people, driving carefully but still fighting and being fair.

At least for me I have experience a considerable better behavior on servers with a high level of SA, which is what I expect from the implemented MP system.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

Look mom, it's a troll.

Any chances you have been that guy yesterday? :D At least, i wouldn't know from which *** you pulled that i "get banned from every server". How would you even know?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
  20. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Completely true.

Also, sometimes there isn't a guarantee of excellent race even on CP servers. Situation: after T1 on Monza one guy in front gets into spin, i have a guy from the left overtaking me and i lost room in front of me, because guy on the left tried ( and succeeded ) to avoid spinning guy, i got on brakes trying to avoid him, and suddenly, hard hit from the guy from behind ( don't envision it differently! ) who didn't even attempt to brake even seeing yellow flag, gets me spinning and into wall and end with severe damage on the car.

Sometimes, on high SA servers, **** just happens, there are dirty drivers who don't like being overtaken, too, and send you in the spin because it's easy. But, overall, 80% of the races on high SA servers are fine.

edit: I would like to see in the future our stats, at least basic, a well as online best times of the tracks which are -:--:-- at the moment.