1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please ladies and gentlemen, race ACC online

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by menos | M6, Jun 12, 2019.

1. In my opinion what they need in order to entice new and up and coming drivers, is a few quick join ghost races. New drivers could learn the ins and outs without worrying about running into other people, and listening to all the whining and crying. These races would have nothing what so ever to do with a persons safety rating, just a stepping stone to the not so prime time players. I would think it safe to bet, those few ghost races would be standing room only they would always be full.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019
  2. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

What me makes sad is how many people behave in in-game chat
    How often I have to read an F*** you during race (not related to me) even at competition server
    Fighting positions like Mario kart playing, dive bombing, brake test middle of straight, all things that are related to public servers, they happen, no one is perfect.... but that hate speech is poison, dumb, helps no one

Radfahrer, tjr and menos | M6 like this.
  3. People have a habit of acting much tougher/ braver online then they actually are in real life. Keyboard warriors, rudeness gets a person nowhere in the end.

4. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Another angle is that I know 4 people who moved from AC to Iracing. They are experienced simracers. Essentially without structured MP people can enjoy ACC physics for a bit but then good guys move on, leaving ACC with newcomers and cosiquently all the chaos that Minolin is trying to solve. ACC essentially becomes an entry to all wouldbe simracers without incentive to remain in ACC for those who want competition or competizione if you will. Catch 22 situation.

MerlinCooper likes this.
  5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Since September last year I only drive ACC. But the lack of competizione drives me to think about renewing my iRacing subscription.
    Physics, graphics, FFB, ratings. All good and works in ACC, but there is just no competizione.

6. Same applies for me. Almost all of the people (including myself) I know who bought ACC have gone back to iRacing and it happened even quicker than I feared it would.

We have to remember that Kunos have repeatedly said ACC has not been created to compete with iRacing, but it’s still a shame so many people have gone back to iRacing so quick (albeit I totally understand why, and I’m one of these people!).

XettMan likes this.
  7. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

Today get a chance to drive in ACC. Join CP server and end up racing myself. In practice was only 4 guys and when it ends they just left one by one. Really sad that already there are no one racing :(

8. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

That's unfortunately a consequence of how this game handles multiplayer.

Even if all you want is just a casual multiplayer race, you look through lobbies, it's 70%+ empty, 25%~ no SA and the rest are 2 or 3 lobbies where a a race is happening. Then you wait for one of them to end or open a spot, join, once the race is about to start someone decides to hit you and it's over.

There's no "multiplayer career" here, no ranks, nothing, so obviously people won't care about it.

Racert46 and XettMan like this.
  9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

The reality of structured MP is that it's like owning a house. At first you think....man, I wish everyone could afford a house and that all houses were priced reasonably. Then you move into your first neighborhood and realize that cheaper houses invite lousy neighbors and people that really don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. Next, you save up and move into a nice neighborhood and suddenly neighbors are talking to each other, cleaning up their yards and doing things to make the neighborhood better.

MP is the same way. If you paid $20-$40 for ACC, you don't have anything invested in the sim and it doesn't bother you to crash the hell out of someone because you're having a bad day. Now, go to iRacing where each track is $10 and each car is $15 and suddenly you have a couple hundred dollars invested and you seem to take it a whole lot more seriously. Couple that with the fact that bad behavior leads to a protest and ban....there ya go....decent racing (at the higher levels, rookies is still a mess while people learn).

I don't think we'll ever see a good MP for a sim that is only $20-$40. There just isn't any real incentive.

The other problem ACC has right now is that it has less daily users than most of the other titles like rf2, AC, and raceroom. That's not good considering some of those titles are more than 5 years old.

10. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Out of curiousity (since I never played iracing) what is the main thing that makes people go back there quickly? Is it the scheduled part, better opponents (less crashing) , community (social stuff), less bugs, more interesting content (not just GT3), the rank?

Compared to AC+SRS I'm having a decent time now on the rated servers, but I feel like the main issue is going to be limited content for me in 1-2 months.

11. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

No dude, the incentive is not in the money spent, but the quality. People troll and get banned in any game, doesn't matter how much it costs or if you have to pay a sub or not. Are all games with some decent form of competitive element expensive or you have to invest money? Dota, LoL are free, CSGO is extremely cheap, Forza you only have to buy the base game, Rocket League extremely cheap, Fortnite is free, Overwatch buy once... and so on. GTS has a sub because of the nature of console multiplayer, but it doesn't mean it requires one to function, iRacing is just pure greed. Why people want to get better at those games? Is it just to get their money's worth of entertainment? Obviously not. The incentive is the good experience, the competitive aspect, working on your profile. Play well and you are rewarded with a better experience, playing against people at the same level as you, balance.

rF2 is very close to ACC in the sense that it's just cars and tracks and nothing else to offer(ACC structure is pretty bad), except rF2 has an infinite amount of mods. AC has mods and the community itself decided to build a multiplayer environment.

If this game was $20 more expensive, some would ***** at the beginning, but once the game launched with a really good structure for both MP and SP, nobody would care at all. But I think the problem here is the mentality of those behind the game and not money itself to invest.

Patrik and XettMan like this.
  12. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

IRacing has scheduled races. It got the UI part sorted to an acceptable degree (which is inexcusable for ACC since all they had to do was more quality control) and for the most part is very popular.
    Plus you can be more consistent in it since there’s no real weather and the handling although boring is more predictable too.

ACC needs more quality control. The niggles and issues faced every day are avoidable given enough testing.

Triple screen/VR support might be a factor too.

I prefer driving in ACC but I’m not an alien so my opinion of how **** the UI is doesn’t count.

13. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

The world is doomed, OH the Horror

14. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Not the world, just this game.

15. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Malarkey
    No Game NO GAME or Software ever comes out of the gate 100%. PIMO its easy to sit and pee and moan, especially when you have set expectations. I have been around the barn a long long time in various roles supporting various products. Way back in the old days Software releases made or broke a company, now a days people expect poop and gladly pay for it. I am not sayin ACC is poop, I think it is awesome right where it is, "IN ITS INFANCY" thus why I report issues and anomalies I encounter, that is half the fun. NONE OF US are going to be F1 super heros, its a freaking game for poop sake.

16. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Lol, so half the fun now is to report bugs, what a time to be alive! Sure no game releases at 100% now days, it's the new norm, release first fix later, but ACC released way below the current acceptable mark.

Careful, some people are racing heroes here, they don't even consider this a game.

coiso and R1-Limited like this.
  17. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Actually, in the world of Agile (ScrumMaster hat on here) it’s Working Software first.

Small example: career mode is broken. Why even release it in the first place? Just don’t. Implement Save feature first: get that working well. Then you get more time to do Career and you can even save it!

WallyM likes this.
  18. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Ya I know.

19. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

I reckon it is that iRacing is gamified ie it is the rank. Everyone loves to progress, improve and see a score even if they don’t take it too seriously. The rank is directly used to put you into a graded race.

In the early stage of ACC everyone was tracking SA, PC and RC numbers. Then that all became meaningless because it was not used to assign people to graded races. There should be no unrated servers in ACC and all servers should be set a global ranking that is used to assign drivers. Then people would aspire to rank up to faster servers.

Loeki, f.e.negroni and XettMan like this.
  20. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I know of a few leagues waiting to get off the ground once the back-end side gets sorted...

Personally I think ACC does itself no favours by allowing 10 max drivers unresticted servers... the server lobby is pretty close to 75% of these... Make it 5 drivers max
    Why Kunos themselves host these is mind-blowing... you can't promote a license structure and then host servers without it!! :confused:

*IF* you are going to lock out to 5ppl max include in ACC how to improve/get license... Most new people won't jump on these forums to find out... include an official link to a video on whats needed to improve license
    It can't be that difficult - again little things

The actual driving is amazing, but again so much that is essential to the whole experience is missing... :rolleyes: