1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Judging by what's gone before it will probably take something like Nick Thim confessing in bloood that he was wrong to end it :)

2. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

Excuse my ignorance, what should I be looking for? It looks the same to me.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I must second that.

Freddie Seng and tjr like this.
  4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Glad it's not just me!

Freddie Seng and MTv like this.
  5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I also must be blind, I don't see the difference.

6. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Aston 2019 banner please :rolleyes::p

7. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

The fence and advert are slightly sharper. At least on a 2k monitor. I'd certainly not notice while driving though and you could debate if the edges would look that sharp in real life so ti is a personal taste thing.

R3V3NG3 BR likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Absolutely I can see the difference. It is subtle however there is a sharpening & contrast bump.

You can mainly see the sharpening on the small grass right next to the track edge and even in the road texture. It is also in many other areas such as the wall, polls & rails. The contrast bump is not as strong as the sharpening however it is there on the on the wall on the left hand side pass the sparco advertising.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    R3V3NG3 BR likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Maybe your monitors are not calibrated correctly? Or your all got the beer googles on :p:D I calibrate my monitor with pro photography calibrator therefore its natural in balance and on the soft side.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

So do I and I don't see a (significant) difference.

But it always amazes me what people look at while driving. Some people seem to study the trees in detail (possibly counting the leaves) on their way around the track.:confused:

chksix and MTv like this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, cool. I might even try it myself. ReShade isn't much of a hassle to use. In many cases such things only become obvious when driving.

And no, my monitor isn't at all calibrated.

And yes, I had some goggles on - red whine goggles :p

Coanda and Romneyb like this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Dont touch the banner :p :p

Freddie Seng and bgil66 like this.
  13. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

It's subtle, but reduces the blurryness caused by TAA. And that's what its supposed to do. You can crank it up if you like. This is the standard setting AMD proposes. On Navi there's an integrated upscaler too reshade can't do.

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So, is this CAS something different from the new in-built sharpening in Navi GPUs? Because this new in-built feature does not work with DX11, at all.

Nevermind - it's clearly working. I opened your screenies in Gimp and zoomed in. CAS makes some pixels darker, others brighter, increasing contrast.

You'll have to download the pic and zoom in:

CAS_comp.jpg

Doesn't this promote jaggies, though?!?

15. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

It´s part of AMD´s Fidelity FX package developers can use to post process their games. Read somewhere AMD picked it up from reshade in the first place and adjusted it a bit. AMD published their code as open source then.

The original port back to reshade only works with DX11. The second verson from MartyMcFly (only file file needed is cas.fx) also works with DX9 and DX12.

For the subtleness of the effect, I have to correct myself, it´s clearly visible on my setup. Maybe it´s because I only have advanced sharpening activated ingame as Kunos proposes to do.

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

So... I just went and googled pro photography calibrator, didn't even knew that kind of thing existed. Pretty cool stuff!

And thanks for the reply!

Coanda likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Me too i didn't see a huge difference however it is there and it's always different analyzing stills compared to rapid movement. To be honest there are too many factors involved to say we are analysing the same thing. Your eyes, your poison consumption, your calibrator, your calibration technique, your ambient room lighting, your monitor quality, your monitor settings, your hardware & settings, your o/s settings, your ACC settings and the list goes on and on...

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yes

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't count leaves. Just T1 a$$holes :D

GoBo likes this.
  20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Possible it's a larger number! :p

richard thompson and Coanda like this.