1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

But you *have* Bathurst ;)

Coanda likes this.
  2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well the Bathurst 12 Hour is going to take place on January 31 to Feb 2 , 2020.
    https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/schedule/
    I would hope we get the DLC before that so we can do a "virtual" Bathurst 12 Hour.

3. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

4. I got the same kind of race @SPA in the Ferrari against a Bentley driver. Even with 1 second better laptime, even if I was quicker in turning and speed exit, force him into some small errors I was not able to make a clean pass.
    No way to catch this guy at the straights or drive through the Bentley in the corners. (Great driving/defending btw of the Bentley guy)
    After 20 min close fighting I finished second place.
    But maybe I'm doing the wrong kind of racing if it is that easy:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Piret2000 likes this.
  5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I'm sure it was a smart answer for you.
    But maybe there had been a annoucement somewhere. FB fo example, a rough date, etc... But, ok.
    I was just a question without major issue in connection with the discussion about the content...

6. Flavus

Flavus Racer

This is worth watching, Martin Brundle, ex F1 driver, and his son take part in a race at Green Hell. They drive the Aston Martin Vantage GT4 and it has a real life radar collision detection system complete with Kunos proximity arrows to let the driver know how fast and how close the other cars are. See 11.20 in the video.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Nobody knows how the pit count works in the MFD..?

acc_pitstop_cnt.jpg acc_pitstop_cnt_2.jpg

Piret2000 likes this.
  8. This ia a bug that happen some times. I see just after the end of Race.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Ok thank you I'll raise a bug thread. This occurs during the race for our league..

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Question for ya, since you claim to have had "1 second better laptime", and "quicker in turning and speed exit", how much did you have to lift off the throttle mid corner, to avoid hitting the Bentley ?

11. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

It's caused by integers being used in coding, iirc. 256 is equal to 0. So if you need to do 1 pit, and you do 1 pit, it goes to 0. If you then pit another time, it goes to -1. However, -1 doesn't exist: it's 255.

I don't know **** about coding but I do remember Dota having the same issues which was caused by using integers.

Pekka likes this.
  12. It's not a claim. It's a fact. Results of qualy pace, the fact how quickly I was able to close the gap and my normal laptimes around the track.

If I want to benefit of the higher mid corner and exit speed I don't lift mid corner more than necessary to carry more speed there. I left some space at corner entry to the car in front of me or choose a slightly different line if possible.

13. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Remove user "M Cleve" from all servers - he deliberately crashes into people. Hit me three times.

chksix likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

When you say doesn't exist are you referring to ACC or integers? Integers can be negative numbers. If what you say is true then ACC could treat its Pit Stop count with a "Absolute" function + 1 and some CASE logic..

15. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

As I said I don't know anything about coding (I might be even using the wrong term here), but my basic knowledge is that it is a series of values which runs from 0 to 255. Going one over 255 reverts to 0, going one lower than 0 goes to 255. By pitting twice, it shows 255.

16. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Yeah this is just underflow bug. I suspect it will be already fixed in next build even without reporting since it's obvious and easy fix.

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

,... "I don't lift mid corner more than necessary,... "or choose a slightly different line"

So in your own words,... "But maybe I'm doing the wrong kind of racing if it is that easy:",... the answer is,... YES.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Could be true.. Could also hang around for a while.. One can not presume that things automatically get sorted just because they are an "easy fix". For example the Load/Save button issue has had "Working On It" for over 12 months now. A fair suggestion to suit both camps is here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-please-separate-it.53499/page-4#post-1099774

I also invite you to look at the long list of UI inconsistencies and formatting issues that have been hanging around for a while:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/v1-0-ocd-ui-formatting-inconsistencies.57621/ and some of the MFD suggestions that would really help the ACC experience here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...fd-and-strategy-menu-not-user-friendly.60964/

Please before anyone comes back with "they are busy" it's "low priority" I struggle to buy this argument. A game developer should have a dedicated UI developer and this one has two listed on their credits.

Eg:
    6. Ferrari 488, McLaren 650's/720s , BMW M6 and both 15/18 Nissan GTR's showing N/mm for wheel rate when it should be N/m.
    12. Alignment...

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/v1-0-ocd-ui-formatting-inconsistencies.57621/
    acc_ui_alignment_small.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  19. I don't lift mid corner more than necessary to get the corner. The sense behind I left some space at corner entry to the car in front of me should be not ending up too close to the car in front mid corner so I can carry more speed mid corner and early throttle application as possible at corner exit. Otherwise useless if I end up too close so you've to lift again.

So you're still claiming
    And please don't forget we're still talking about "a world of BoP-ed-but-different GT cars."

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    So once again, you are ONE second faster, have higher entry AND exit speed, BUT don't have to lift mid corner to avoid hitting a much slower car ahead of you ???

So just when do you lift to avoid hitting the much slower car ahead of you ???