1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by phil, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Is it possible to adjust FOV when you are in triple-screen mode (nvidia surround)? I'm not able to.

2. Phil

3. Tzotzo

Tzotzo Rookie

Hi,

I'm making my first stepps in taking photos in ACC so I need a bit of help.
    Is it right that F12 doesn't work with HDR enabled?
    And what are the best ingame video setting for the photo mode?

Claude

4. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Just create a "screenshot" preset with everything maxed out, so it´s very easy before taking screenshots changing it. And back for a normal performance and quality for driving sessions.

5. Tzotzo

Tzotzo Rookie

Thanks Tundra.

Claude

6. Radoslaw

Radoslaw Racer

Is there any way to speed up movement of the camera after pressing F7? I know setting timescale to 8x does the job but it's still very slow and the controls in CinemaHUD aren't working for me

7. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

If you mean moving the free camera with the arrow keys then yes, use the mouse wheel to increase/decrease the speed.

8. Radoslaw

Radoslaw Racer

Game changer, thank you!

9. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Sadly Fraps doesn't seem to work in HDR mode either :(

10. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Just a couple of tips I wanna add:
    - if you are using F12 go to steam -> settings -> in-game -> screenshot: save an uncompressed copy. This will save a higher quality .png instead of a compressed .jpeg
    - for AMD users you can enable virtual super resolution in your AMD radeon software. This allows to select a higher resolution in the game settings (for example I have a 1080p monito but I can take 1440p screenshots)

Coanda and Tundra like this.
  11. Has anyone posted suggestions/manual on how to use the Depth of Field variables like Fstop, focal distance, transitions, focus area? I'm playing around with different combinations but not having great success yet. Thx.

12. Main question is how to keep the car in clear focus AND get the motion blur and/or depth of field in the background?

13. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

What I do is pausing the replay, pressing F7, move the camera, then adjust play speed at 0.75 (I think slower than that, blur effects don´t apply), press the button to backwards 10 seconds, press play, wait till the bar disappears, and shot the pic with F12.
    If you don´t go backwards 10 secs, most likely the bar will be still there by the time the car reaches the point you , at the beginning, set the camera position.

[​IMG]

14. Chris 576

Ditto
    [​IMG]

15. Thanks Chris and Tundra. But, do you make ANY other adjustments to those variables I noted above, or maybe not?

Attached Files:

16. I must be doing something wrong. Also, file size is only like 866kb.

17. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

No sir, because honestly I have no clue what they mean and how they apply.
    If you are using F12, make sure go to Steam - Settings - In-Game , and in the right side, tick "Save an uncompressed copy"; you most likely are saving an .JPG file instead of an .PNG

18. That really help guys. I think also main thing I had wrong was "Disabled" follow car. I can now get a crisp shot of car in motion if I just position camera with Enable Follow Car, then take the shot when car gets to position I want.

So, follow up question is, have you been able to "disable" follow car, then position camera (as if you are a real camera person), wait for cars to approach then shoot? When I did this, I always got some blur on the cars too. Like I didn't have correct focus point or something. thx.

19. Chris 576

I always do as Tudra, F7, position camera on car, rewind then play on .75 speed.
    This way target car is always in focus with background or foreground movement (if that makes sense...)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

What you did here is positioned free camera on part of the track and then took photo .

What should be done is use F7 (attached to car)

F7 will give you free camera attached to car you can test by opening replay and pressing F7 and then moving camera play the replay and if camera moves with car that is the one you want to have car in focus. So then replay playing move camera around the car when you see good opritunity just press F12 and you will have photo with blured background and car in focus

Also do this ^^^ check the save uncompressed copy it will give you better quality photos