1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

You can however it's a little dirty how you have to do it.. You have to switch off all your HUD elements via the HUD settings prior to race start which leaves you with no elements if need be later on. Ideally it would be nice to have the ability to save a couple of profile views for various scenarios however for now I would be very happy if we could set an option either in the UI or hud.json that forces the Blank HUD to also also include the MFD. That way we can toggle between full/personalized HUD and blank HUD with MFD..

Slowbloke and chksix like this.
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Amazing changes! Cars are generally more catchable and less sensitive to bumps.

One quirk remains, though:
    The Audi R8 (evo) is pretty much useless in Eau Rouge with its aggressive preset. It's a gamble, if you will be fast and safe or launched (even within compression) and losing it totally.

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. RWa

RWa Simracer

And no placebo. Performance has improved. I had stuttering first directly after install. But using the graphics preset and some adjustments here after it runs smoother on higher settings I had before. Thanks for the new features and improvements.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

kickers2k1 likes this.
  4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Having two HUD presets would be cool some day, one with delta app, radar, mirror and session info, the other only with radar for CP races
    I love turning the HUD off in CP races, but driving online withoilut radar is just too egoistic.

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

@Aristotelis I see aggressive and safe setups for every car have telemetry laps set to 15, which seems to me it's done on purpose. I just wonder why, because this creates a 20-30mb file which some people might never even use and also might not be aware these files are created.

Madsen and marph like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I forgot about the radar.. Blank with MFD & Radar only would be cool..

7. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Which preset did you use and what have you changed ?

8. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Would indeed be great to have multiple HUD options that you can select - same as Project Cars 2 and then decide which has what elements. Its more immersive with very little HUD going on but you will want to have info available if you need it dynamically and fully agree nothing but the radar / arrow thingies would be my default

kickers2k1 and Whitestar like this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Little bit different topic here i got a question->>
    How does downhill affects grip while accelerating ?
    Is it possible that due to downward slope front loses traction on acceleration?

10. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

Im loving the new updates. In particular the FFB coming through....

However I have just done 4 races against the AI and not 1 overtake? Aggression was set to 95 for 3 of the races and 100 for 1. AI level 95

No yellow flags either thinking about it...

Anybody else spotted this?

11. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Hello everyone, I'm recording ACC videos these days and I'm trying to figure out a way to mitigate or eliminate the shadows popping-up as the cars come closer, is there any way to do that? I tried messing around with the engine.ini file but none of the edits I'm doing seem to have any effect. Shadow and LOD settings are set to epic in-game

Thanks

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

:D

ignission and chksix like this.
  13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Could someone give me a quick, generic setup help that doesn't warrant it's own thread?

About Anti Roll Bars - I always assumed: Higher number is stiffer. However, on the default safe setup, it's 1 front, 3 rear, and on aggressive it's 4 front, 3 rear. Since I assume the safe is meant to be understeery, that would indicate a lower number to be a stiffer ARB?

14. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Oke thanks Kimi. Anyone else?

ignission and chksix like this.
  15. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

On the quick join I hadn't noticed it before but I may have just missed it there is a by region listed.
    Does this mean I can nominate Australasia as a region? If so how to select it or is '0' already set.
    upload_2020-4-17_7-10-53.png

16. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

I noticed something weird, looking at Lambo Evo showroom car, the rear wheel shifts when you change livery? Very odd, like it moves forwards to a new position?

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Since your playing around with the engine.ini I presume you have already performed a searched on shadows.. It is well well documenting by users and the devs that running/tunnel shadows, popping shadows and tree LOD's are an issue with UE4 which continue to bring down the visual quality of ACC. That said there are some minor tweaks that give a little relief however nothing revolutionary and if there was I am sure we would have all heard about it already..

A couple of good threads to look at..

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...aring-sharpen-just-in-front-of-the-car.57364/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/shadow-distance.63572/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/discussing-unreal.60066/

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yes lower value/number means softer ARB and higher numbers means stiffer ARB.

GCCRacer likes this.
  19. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

Am I being stupid and that's telling me there are no quick join servers in my region.

20. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

If I'm not mistaken Aris mentioned in a stream that the Safe setup has the car in its homologation state

GCCRacer likes this.