1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I enjoy F1 because of cars,don't care much about overtaking or who's winning.
    But if they want to solve close racing problem IMO they need to do some changes like->>

•Active suspension
    •More prominent ground effects
    •Cover the wheels and other car elements so that they create less turbulence

I don't want them to make cars slower for sake for spectacle,i would rather have innovative engineered cars than jumped up gokarts with no complexity.

F1 is pinnacle of car engineering and it should only go that way.

Mogster likes this.
  2. They also don't overtake you if you stop in the middle of the track. I know it's not a normal manoeuvre, but waiting behind doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also they can't understand going 3 way, it's a guaranteed crash

tlsmikey likes this.
  3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Maybe the problem is how people approach the AI. The only reason I saw the AI powering into the back on corner exit it's somehow people compromise the exit and getting the AI by surprise without time to react.
    I don't have must experience with AI but never had problems with it. Is there here awareness enter, always previewing what's going on. The same rules are applied when racing in MP. In a manner of fact I find the AI with a realistic behavior.

anthony galmiche and sissydriver like this.
  4. Poloman

Poloman Racer

5. 528 MB update.
    Notes please.

6. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

GAMEPLAY:
    - Added a minimum pitstop time of 1 second for stop&go-style mandatory stops.

UI:
    - Realtime widget: fixed inaccurate gap values versus cars in pitlane during race sessions.
    - Realtime widget: fixed incorrect gaps to cars ahead of the focused car when there are cars in pitlane in between and reduced likelihood of gap spikes.
    - Realtime widget: cars in pitlane are now filtered during non-race sessions if the focused car is on track.
    - Realtime widget: more accurate gap calculation for cars stopped on track.
    - Removed automatic brake change check in the MFD Pitstop strategy unless the brakes are worn out.
    - SetupPage: added "use current pressures" button in the pit strategy panel which copies the current setup's tyre pressures to the currently active pit strategy.

CONTROLS:
    - Added direct-to-page bindings for MFD: realtime, standings, electronics and pitstop. In multiclass mode the standings binding will cycle between overall and class standings.
    - MFD direct-to-page bindings support long-press hiding like the MFD cycling binding.
    - Re-evaluated combined bindings (using the shift binding) on press, should fix situations when binding a shifted button would also trigger the unshifted binding (e.g. look left-right).

GRAPHICS:
    - Minor fixes on the Ginetta custom designs.

MULTIPLAYER:
    - Fixed additional BoP values resetting on driver swaps.
    - Rejoining now is blocked as intended if the server is running out of grid slots, preventing double assignments.
    - Fixed grid position mismatches in situations where many unique cars connect/disconnect during Q sessions.
    - Endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams) now receive the session results without issue.
    - Fixed a bug where the last drivers couldn't join during endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams).

SINGLE PLAYER / AI:
    - Nah.

;)

tlsmikey likes this.
  7. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

YES! Nice to have :)

Freddie Seng and Felge Schneider like this.
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

How about finally making the left hand joystick in fanatec formula style rims finally mappable? All other Sims can do it.

9. lottalava

lottalava Racer

- Re-evaluated combined bindings (using the shift binding) on press, should fix situations when binding a shifted button would also trigger the unshifted binding (e.g. look left-right).

Let's check that!

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

What does that even mean?

11. lottalava

lottalava Racer

Maybe nothing.

I'd like to see a massive gamepad fixes to support Right Thumbstick to lookp left and right. And D-Pad to use with wipers cycles, lighting cycles, pit limiter, etc.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Aye, I find the tech fascinating so I can just watch the cars. I watch other forms of racing for wheel to wheel action, F1 has never had that much of that.

2022 should be the change to the new ground effect low wake cars, no active unfortunately.

13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Expecting close wheel to wheel racing in cars as scary and extreme as F1 is pretty stupid IMO.
    There are other series for that.
    Close to wheels racing is actually fatal at the speeds of F1.
    Shame about active suspension though,still i hope they add it.
    It will definitely improve following in F1.

Mogster likes this.
  14. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

active suspension would negate downforce or be eliminated by downforce.
    All that it would do is slow the cars down one way or another.

15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It wouldn’t slow them down, it would allow the teams to maximise the aero, it would eliminate the ridiculously expensive trick hydraulic suspension systems the teams have been running lately. Merc have proposed it which apparently makes Ferrari in particular suspicious. Together with ground effect active it would seem sensible, the wake effects group gave some reasons for not going with it, none of which were too compelling. There may be another reason that hasn’t been made public, the 2022 cars will have relatively simple suspension.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Can anyone summarize, I would like to know your impressions, I really enjoyed nkpro in the past

17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Mate you really need to look into active suspension.
    The only downside would be cost other than that objectively for fact active suspension is better.
    It allows maximum mechanical grip in slow,bumpy corners while still giving stiff suspension on the fly to maintain aero platform.
    No way in hell it will make cars slower lol.

AndyK70 likes this.
  18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

He didn't like the original back in 2006. He likes NKPro now. Not sure he realizes the current version isn't the same as the original. Prefers slower car Formula Ford to faster formula. FFB doesn't communicate grip limit but good for self-correcting slides.

TheBoss likes this.
  19. McGraw

McGraw Racer

just use xpadder. No need to waste devs time on this

20. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

If you say then obviously your right.