1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

After the British Tracks DLC i am very curious about the plans regarding ACC, whether Kunos will keep working on it or if it then will be basically 'done' and the team switches to a new project. Lets see. All i know is that ACC to me is currently the best racing game. To me.

Romneyb likes this.
  2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I think, they keep on working on ACC and some other DLC.
    There are many more tracks and GT championships in the SRO 'world' Kunos could put hands on.

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Because caring about the sim and its future development is obviously equal to disrespecting the effort that Kunos put into the sim to date? Again, this distorted logic so many of you seem to apply to this.

And "they owe us nothing" is a really odd position to take as a (future) customer of a (future) paid product. If you care about the sim and the content (such as a specific series being replicated) then I'm pretty sure even you are going to have set expectations before you buy in. And that has nothing to do with owing anything or feeling entitled to something.

Also... asking isn't "demanding".

4. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

All you need to know is that they will never tell what content they are planning unless they can be 100% sure about releasing it. Meaning they have all the licence stuff and whatever else is needed finished.

5. Extremosa

Extremosa Rookie

Should we expect normal AI? Or Kunos are not planning to develop it.

6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

You could form it in a normal sincere question directing it to Kunos, or asking Aris in one of his next streams. But don't present it with such an attitude.

grrdabrr, jaxx_za, RDGNL and 3 others like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Extremosa - if you are not trolling - what is a normal AI for you?
    For me the AI is very good, had countless of hours with intense races with AI with a lot of different cars (GT3 / GT4) and different tracks.

jaxx_za, TheBoss, RDGNL and 1 other person like this.
  8. EPR

EPR Rookie

I've found they're not terrible, but there is some odd behaviour such as powering into the back of you on corner exits and just spinning you out. It's not like an inability to control on entry but more like premeditated evil. How smart exactly are these AI? :)

9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

All good points, and if you were nice about it, then maybe we wouldn't have ended up with the responses you got, but instead you were downright hostile about it.

I quoted regurgitated information that the guy who gives this info says, and you went ahead and basically hammered me on it and said it makes no sense, paraphrased your own version of it, and then criticized the hell out of their decision making. Then he shows up and you are just straight up knock him, and the guy running this show when he responds, and you expect to get any sort of answers or respect from them?

You must be fun at parties.

And yes they do owe us nothing. You buy a game, you pay the price for it. You're not buying into a service nor was it ever advertised as a service, with future seasons and all that. It says that nowhere. If they sold it as a service it would be different. But they do not.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    jaxx_za, fsuarez79 and AndyK70 like this.
  10. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

POPCORN... RUNNING OUT OF POPCORN DAMMIT

Adastros likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

What i found out - they punt you only if you are to slow. If you are fast enough nothing happens (they punt /spun me out countless times ....).
    How smart they are? Not very, they behave in some situations as you are using Harry Potters invisibility cloak - if on purpose - we must ask Stefano / Fernando .... :p
    (sometimes i think they are really smart developed, behaving exactly as crazy as some real simracers :p:D)

12. EPR

EPR Rookie

Well, it's happened where I'm faster over a lap but have overtaken through a corner and don't necessarily get the fastest exit even though I've achieved track position. I think they harbour resentful emotions!

13. lottalava

lottalava Racer

What do you think about that possibility?

14. Oxie

Oxie Racer

It would allow removal of so many technical limitations that were added in the name of safety. The cars could then go super fast. And crash spectacularly.

Latency would be a bit of a problem for the drivers, though. The on-board camera feeds like to drop out and skip even today, that would have to be fixed if one were to actually drive the car using that. The cars would probably end up being adorned with massive antennas.

15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

You need awareness. Work on that. See some videos of Top ACC leagues or Jardier.

16. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Well I hope EPR finds this helpful but I don't have a clue how is his awareness going to stop the AI powering into the back of him on corner exit.

EPR likes this.
  17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

You’d still have to make sure none of the cars ended up in the crowd, assuming there were fans on site that is. A runaway 1:1 scale RC vehicle would be very dangerous.

It’s an interesting concept but I’m not sure people would find watching cars without humans onboard that exciting.

18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

That would be a totally stupid move and I would have a zero interest to such racing. There's RC cars for that kind of thing already.

19. tomles

tomles Rookie

It would be good if they can pass other AI, in last 2 races that I had (1h each), 0 AI to AI overtakes. Also would love to see more blocking from them

Edit: I only play with 100/100 AI

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Who knows what comes in the future? Our predictions are mostly wrong. ;)

So lets be open minded:
    The idea
    Somebody is not in the real car but responsible for the inputs and can see and feel whats happening in reality in a digitalized way.
    Simulator controls real car.

Lets see some pros and cons:
    Pro
    No pilot could be harmed - very good.
    The better the sim, the better the lap times (imagine that there is not one standard sim, you have competing sims, like through ACC driven car vs through iRacing driven car)
    Very complex scenario, manufacturers can shine with the mastery of technology.

Con
    We have a lot of experience with simracing and we can say for sure -
    pilots will take more risks, no matter what the rules and restrictions say - the psychological barrier is simply lower.
    Very complex scenario, too expensive.
    If you want to digitalize, do it 100% - thats what we have, simracing :cool: