1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

My target is 60fps, not 90fps, also because I found that WMR headset works much better when set on 60Hz. I can always reach it in solo racing with decent graphic settings (and no reprojection), while with AI it all depends on how many cores ACC decides to use. Last time it used all 4c/8t and these are few pics I took on the starting grid. Evident that CPU is fine if using all cores, but GPU suffers, mostly with sun glare and shadow. It makes perfectly sense, Just if it was always like this.

Attached Files:

2. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

PS: CPU is on stock cooler and 5 years old paste, hence the high temp. I’ll change it in order to OC a little too (now it works at 4.4 GHz if all cores)

3. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

What Horse doo doo, you have no idea how the 4k series Ryzen will perform, or how much it will cost.

4. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

You earnt a reminder note for January.
    I'll quote you and either agree to my fail or tell you "I told you so" :p

5. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

So, I changed cooler, now I can crank up to 4.7GHz but when ACC decides to use only 2c/4t doesn’t help too much. Ok for solo racing. If decides to use all 4c/8t then it’s all smooth up to 10 AI grid or big grid in multiplayer.
    Why/how/when uses all cores is still a mystery. Sometimes only half since beginning, sometimes all at beginning but the turns to half. The others are around 0% all time so don’t think some other process really need them.

6. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

Sorry I couldn't help you yet (and forgot to reply then...).
    It sounds a bit like core parking. Have a read into this! There's a free tool that disables core parking and there's also a guide about how to manually enable the setting to become visible in the power management settings.

Depending on your windows version (professional etc) and your user rights, the Ressource manager from within task manager should show the cores in Grey and as being parked

Perell0ne likes this.
  7. Boundless

Boundless Rookie

Updated my Core-i5 7600K (4.7@) to Ryzen 3600 with 3600hz RAM. And what can I say? I'am done with this game... Ryzen juiced out a little bit more FPS from my 1080, still on the grid with 11 visible cars and overall graphics looks like NFS 2, can't get 60 stable FPS for my VR. All over the track it's 60, but on the grid and start of the race it's something around 47-55 and can't make my race comfortable.
    Vanila AC with SoL and Shader Patch looks 100000 times better and runs butter smooth. Bye bye, ACC.

8. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

Thanks, I've found and downloaded "unpark cpu app". I'll check in resource monitor first if this is the case then give it a try (I've W10 Pro and admin user rights).
    Quite strange though that under heavy load with 2 cores at 100% the systems decides that the others can be parked.

Krassmus likes this.
  9. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

Totally understandable, although the not really existent performance difference isn't unexpected, sadly.

At stock, the difference in single thread performance is marginal (cpubenchmark.net comparison: 2560 (i5) to 2582 points).
    When overclocked, the 7600k will be quite a bit better than the 3600.

So the only gain here comes from 4 cores vs 5 cores, which makes a difference according to my testing of about 9%. With the i5 being OC'ed, probably only 5-6%.

What motherboard did you buy with the 3600? Maybe you'll be able to buy a 4600 when they come out and get a big boost in ACC.

If you missed my benchmark-post:
    Look at the AVERAGE table, 4 cores vs 6 cores HT. This is done with the same overclock.
    Maybe you could gain a bit from disabling SMT in your bios for ACC (not sure how SMT behaves in ACC, Hyperthreading lowers the fps...)

[​IMG]

10. Boundless

Boundless Rookie

Considering Ryzen 4xxx coming I've spent more $ but bought B550 motherboard. And I've disabled SMT as for now. Dramatically nothing changed after that, still I hate ACC for it's performance )))

Krassmus likes this.
  11. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

So, seems that my cores are not parked, but clicking “unpark all” de facto activates all of them (or it was a coincidence). Anyhow last evening I had an online race, 8t from beginning and was sufficiently smooth (not alway 60fps, but bearable) with >80% of GPU usage. Then during pit stop all of a sudden started using only 4t. A lot of frames dropped on CPU side and hence FPS dropped to 36 max and stutters with GPU usage to 30-40%. The last 40min of the race was terrible, but could not stop and try to do anything.
    This behavior mid race is unbelievable. Don’t think it has been triggered by something else, since it happened exactly during pit.
    Here is the screenshot from Afterburner for the whole race: from 8t with average usage to 4t with load close to 100% each.

Attached Files:

12. Stains

Stains Simracer

That is ridiculous ! I've never (thank goodness) experienced that in any game ! Has this always happened in ACC since you first played it ? Do any other games do this also ?

13. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

Other games are not so demanding so that even if it uses half cores there are no stutters. Dirt 2.0 for example with SS at 240% and mostly of the settings to ultra (besides shadows, to high) runs smoothly but also uses half cores. RaceRoom really no problem (both CPU and GPU usage quite low). AC with Sol I still have to try.

I’ll try a clean install of W10, hoping it helps. No other clue otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  14. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

Me too.. So weird!

What you can try, to artificially trigger it:
    Download msi kombustor (no matter which version) and click on the "CPU burner" button.
    A new little window will pop up, set the threads to 4 to simulate ACC.
    You should then see all cores more or less evenly loaded but only to 50-70%.

It should happen then too at some point that half the threads become "disabled".
    For me it looks like either the core affinity is bugged or hyper threading gets disabled for the game.

I hope a clean windows install helps.. Otherwise I guess something is wrong with the CPU or motherboard :(

Perell0ne likes this.
  15. Stains

Stains Simracer

Can any of you fine racers do a test for me please ?

Im trying to find out how badly my 7700k is going to bottleneck a 3080 at the settings i use in ACC compared to other CPU's available .

Especially triple screen users .

Could you please try at 5760x1080 but reduce resolution scale to 70% then run these settings at Nürburgring at 4 am with x48 time advance with 19 Ai and 15 visible .

Settings vsync off, triples enabled
    res scale 70%
    View distance Epic
    Shadows Epic
    Shadow distance High
    AA Temporal Epic
    Effects Mid
    PP Mid
    Foliage Mid
    Texture Epic
    Mirror view 100 meters
    Mirror quality High
    Mirror res High
    opponents vis 15
    Materials High
    Temporal up sample Disable
    Bloom Off
    Fog Disable
    Foliage Lod Mid
    Car Lod 100%
    HLOD Disable
    Sharpen filter Disable
    Blur Disable

see if you drop under 60 fps in this test especially the first corner here is very hard on my CPU .

16. draughan

draughan Rookie

It's not a 7700K, but I saw a video of the 3080 on triple screen with a 3900x

Epic settings, he's about 80FPS in average...

Stains likes this.
  17. Stains

Stains Simracer

Thanks mate. I'm really trying to see the engine limitation of 4 cores 8 threads though.
    I am pretty satisfied atm with my 1080ti/7700k system and with all the buzz around with AMD kicking it to nVidia and nVidia seemingly panicking new may get a new round of GPU again in little time so I'm just waiting some more. My rig gets solid 60 with current settings so waiting waiting and saving for the day of a complete new build.

18. Fractured Life

Fractured Life Simracer

Just keep waiting and avoid the buyers remorse lol

Bought a 3600 knowing full well the 5600x was coming, once I saw the price. Add UK tax and some assumed price gouge and decided I may as well wait til January and see if theres a vanilla 5600 non x.

Please let us know how you get on if you go 5000 series AMD or maybe 11000 Intel (they are talking about their own gains being double digit back porting the latest gen from 10nm. ACC seems like it could be one of those RDR2 two type games where Intel are hanging on to a slight win. ****s getting interesting )

19. dontpanic

dontpanic Rookie

AC v1.5.9

2020-11-17 18:49:36 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5880 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 98.000 - Min: 88 - Max: 113

Ryzen 5 3600
    GTX 1070
    16GB RAM

20. dek

dek Racer

I'm just wondering if my I5 8600k can handle a 3080?