1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SimHub plugin: Automatic steering wheel hardlock/softlock (SimuCUBE, Thrustmaster)

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Havner, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Havner

Havner Rookie

I wrote a simple plugin for SimHub that sets your wheel rotation automatically depending on a selected car.

This way you can achieve 1:1 wheel rotation and a proper hard lock.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hardware-steering-lock-simhub-plugin.39309/

Currently it works for:
    • MMOs
    • all SimuCUBEs (1, 2S, 2P, 2U)
    • Thrustmasters (300, 500, TGT, TMX, TSPC, TSXW, TX, F1)

It should also be possible to implement Logitechs (as ContentManager supports), but there is some more magic needed and I'm not really proficient in C#. The code is available (both mine and CM's) if someone wants to do a pull request.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    ㄻ-Defragler, GeriSoft and AndyK70 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface False Brake Bias value with SimHub Dashboard with new v1.9 cars May 13, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Simhub Brake Temp Telemtry AC not working Oct 4, 2022
    ACC Tools Is there an app or simhub overlay that warns track limit violations? Apr 24, 2021
    ACC Tools XIV simhub overlays Dec 22, 2020
    ACC Tools Is there any GT Sport HUD like for Simhub? Nov 10, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Butt kicker Gamer 2 SimHub profile Apr 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals There's some way to ran SimHUb Shake it in ACC? Feb 5, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Question on Simhub Tablets Jul 4, 2019
    ACC Physics telemetry input, Bass shakers and Simhub Apr 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals no timing information in API for SimHub and other external software Sep 23, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Simhub and tablets Mar 29, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Simhub, customisable arduino dash, rgb leds, matrix ,lcd, touch screen ...(v4.0.6 2016-12-29) Apr 19, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes SimView - Live timing WebApp [Server Plugin] Oct 9, 2021

3. that is promising news! If this could go for TM and Logitech, me and my T300 would be very happy :D

Havner and AndyK70 like this.
  4. Havner

Havner Rookie

I'm too soft-hearted ;-)

Please test it, it should support all TMs that CM supports. If I didn't break anything. Let me know, I want to know if that works before I release it.

See the link from the first post for howto. Remember to set the rotation in game to 0.

EDIT: Attachment removed, newer version is on Race Department, download there, Thrustmasters are supported.

AndyK70 likes this.
  5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Oh oh! gotta have to test this!

but first... need to download and setup simhub :confused:
    Never used this.

Havner likes this.
  6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

ok, tried Audi(720°), BMW (560°) and Porsche (800°) so far and it works just on point.

First I installed SimHub, then just copied the dll file from your zip in the SimHub installation folder.
    Launched SimHub, looked in settings->plugins to make sure your plugin was enabled.
    Started ACC,went straight into Options->Controls and set Steering Angle to 0°.
    Then went into "Single Player", I selected the car, jumped in a practice session, clicked on drive and rotated the wheel a full revolution to either side. This matched the 720° for the Audio.
    I quit the session, back in the Single Player Menu, selected the BMW, launched the practice session again, clicked on drive, rotated the wheel and I couldn't rotate a full revolution to either side anymore.
    Then I got back, changed to Porsche, started session again, drive...yep, more than a full revolution.
    It works!

Great work. Thank you!

PS: I have the TM T300 and you may want to change the thread title, it's not about only SimuCube anymore. :D

Havner likes this.
  7. Havner

Havner Rookie

Wonderful, thank you for confirmation. You did everything correct.
    In SimHub you can also look in the System Log (last option on the left). There will be lines starting with "AccSteeringLock: " telling what is happening with the plugin. What wheel it detected, what car you drive, what rotation it tries to set, etc. Do you have a line that detected your wheel?

I'll post a little bit updated version soon on the github and probably will make a race department mod. So get newer one there.
    The list you posted has a little error, GT4 BWM and AMG are 490, not 500 ;-)

Have fun!

I will once I update the github.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    AndyK70 likes this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Thanks for noticing. That was at a time nobody had the data readout yet. :D

My log for you to have a look in the attachment. Looks good to me.

PS:
    This is alongside ACC Results Companion my favorite addition to ACC.
    You made me really happy today. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Havner likes this.
  9. Havner

Havner Rookie

Yep, everything's great. Thanks :)

Here's the list in the code:

https://github.com/Havner/acc-steering-lock/blob/master/Plugin.cs#L68

Happy to help. Believe me, I dreamed about this as well for a long time. I had a separate SimuCube profile for each rotation and changed them every time I loaded a car. Finally when I learned how to set the rotation programmatically I had to write this.

SimHub would not be needed per se for this, but I use it anyway (for dashes) and it saves me the effort of analyzing the ACC telemetry by hand as SimHub does that for me, that's why I went the plugin route.

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. Havner

Havner Rookie

11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

This does not work. The setting in the TM control panel apparently sets the maximum rotation angle. Everything up to that rotation angle in the TM control panel can be set via your tool but not above it.

When I set 360° in TM Control Panel, started practice session with an Audi I wasn't able to rotate more than 180° in each direction.
    When I set 900°in TM Control Panel, every car had it's own maximum rotation angle as supposed to be.
    Interestingly I noticed that the 900° in TM Control Panel always stays and does not change, even when in the car it is limited to something lower. So it is actually a softlock.

I would suggest to change Title from "Automatic rotation hardware lock" to "Automatic Steering Wheel Softlock (SimuCube, Thrustmaster)", because softlock is the term what users are searching for.

Havner likes this.
  12. Havner

Havner Rookie

The way I understand soft/hard lock is whether it's set by the driver/wheel or as an artificial effect by the game. And in those terms this is actually hardlock, as it's the wheel that sets that. Even though you don't see that in the panel. The code sends USB HID packet to the wheel. The panel might not be aware of this, but it's actually the wheel that limits that, not ACC.

Anyway, thanks for the test. Last one if I may. Does it matter if you set 900 or 1080? Does it work correctly in both cases? It will be limited, but will it be precise? Again, the easiest is 720 to see whether in both cases those are actually precise 2 rotations both ways.

13. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

ouch, I messed up in my previous test. :oops:

I was so keen to test I didn't made sure I have SimHub started.Normaly it sits in the system tray and the icon is not visible at first glance i have to click on that up arrow to show all icons and there it is.
    In my previous test SimHub was not running, that's why my wheel was limited to 360° ingame as well.

I did the new test with 1080° in the TM CP and the automatic lock worked as intended on each car. In the Audi I could turn a precise full rotation in each direction. No extra degrees were allowed.

Then I thought... did I actually start SimHub last time? :confused:
    And did the last test again with 360°in CP, went in game, started the session and in the Audi I could happily rotate one full rotation in each direction, which equals the 720° for the Audi.

So... I'll edit my last post, there is no need to have this wrong information still standing there.
    [edit]dang it! cant edit the post anymore :mad:[/edit]

I'm happy to help out.
    Feel free to ask me anything you want to help improve your tool. :)

14. Havner

Havner Rookie

In other words you can set it to whatever rotation in the panel and it still works properly?

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

correct

Havner likes this.
  16. Havner

Havner Rookie

You can set it to start with Windows. Granted I use more of its functionalities than my plugin.

Strange, I can edit all my posts in this thread.

:)
    Cheers!

17. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

because you created the thread. ;)

Yeah, I know. It was the first time I installed and used SimHub.
    Got to dig a little deeper what other features are useful to me. Maybe a dash on my smartphone or something like this.

Havner likes this.
  18. GeriSoft

GeriSoft Rookie

I have used the softlock plugin with simhub and T300 for ACC, and worked well, but after switch to TS-PC it seems not working. It is active on simhub plugin list, but feels no lock. I have to set the right angle in game and in TS driver too to get locked.
    What can be the problem? Is there any setting need?

Simhub is working, using for dash and shakers too, also forwarding data to fanaled for Dirt2.0, I do not know where can be the issue really.
    Any idea? What to check/to do?

19. Havner

Havner Rookie

Firstly please check Content Manager + Assetto Corsa. CM has an option for hardware lock and my code is based on theirs. Check please whether hardware lock works for you there on TC-PC.

20. GeriSoft

GeriSoft Rookie

Hi, as the problem is for ACC (competizione) there is no CM :) This is why I have to use your plugin in simhub, which worked with the T300 but not working with the TS-PC now :(

21. GeriSoft

GeriSoft Rookie

The wheels lock is working in RRE, leave the driver on 1080 and the rotation lock is setting automatically by car. With the plugin+simhub and T300 I used the same way for ACC, if I sat in Porsche, it was 720 and in Ferrari it was 480 or 400 as I remember. Now I have to set the desired value in the driver and in the game to get the lock. Checked in Simhub, the plugin installed and enabled. I am going to check the log at next test.