1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. AMM02

AMM02 Rookie

yah im using that, because i want to know the carId used

2. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in single player the playerCarID is zero by default, isn't it. Don't get confused, this doesn't necessarily mean that your data is stored at carID[0] or carCoordinates[0]. First you have to check at which position carID[x] is equal to playerCarID.

3. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

IIRC, for single player, carID is always 0 in shared memory (which is just the player car). For multiplayer, it is >= 1000

4. AMM02

AMM02 Rookie

aahh, thanks for the info guys :D

5. Claponi

Claponi Racer

Hi all, also trying to understand the wind direction value. Does it mean something for someone ?
    thanks in advance for your help

6. Hi, I wonder if 1.6 documentation is compatible with current version of ACC? In graphics page everything till "exhaustTemperature" looks ok (maybe "wiperLV" also) but "deltaLapTime" has ?? characters and "isDeltaPositive" should be 1 or 0 but I get some big numbers. Maybe there's a missing field in documentation?

"fuelXLap":3.036248,
    "rainLights":0,
    "flashingLights":0,
    "lightsStage":0,
    "exhaustTemperature":472.6292,
    "wiperLV":0,
    "DriverStintTotalTimeLeft":-1000,
    "DriverStintTimeLeft":-508891,
    "rainTyres":0,
    "usedFuel":0.0,
    "deltaLapTime":"??0:04:263",
    "iDeltaLapTime":0,
    "estimatedLapTime":"??2:02:766",
    "iEstimatedLapTime":0,
    "isDeltaPositive":122766,

=== EDIT ===
    I'd delete this post but there's no option to do this. I checked my code again and I was missing "int sessionIndex".

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  7. Peter Hase

Peter Hase Rookie

If you're looking for additional data, you can check out the Broadcast SDK, but I am not sure if it includes weather forecasts. For the initial pressures, you could use the initial value but it's somewhat error prone of course. As for the missing fields, IIRC you'll have to add them yourself, since the sample project was only a demo of the interface.

8. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Is there going to be updated shared memory documentation? I see the 1.7 release notes mentions new shared memory fields
    Cheers

Peter Hase likes this.
  9. Peter Hase

Peter Hase Rookie

As for the 1.7 Update notes
    Will the documentation updated soon for the new fields (or are those existing ones that are being enabled)? And does that mean, we might get the possibility to have a chance to change pit stop settings from outside the game?

TheBigO likes this.
  10. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

Yeah, great news. Waiting for that for the Virtual AI Race Engineer.

11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

No.

Ensi Ferrum likes this.
  12. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

But I have a solution for that, as you can see in my thread in the tools forum. Not the best solution I would have come up with, if there was an API for automating the pitstop settings, but it works quite well.

13. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

Glad to see that the shared memory interface is continuously being expanded. Is there any chance that the setup parameters will eventually be provided via shared mem as well? Currently I'm reading them via the JSON exports, but this approach is a bit cumbersome.

14. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

The setup data being shared would be real handy, especially as things like tyre pressures are not shared all the time there is any kind of menu visible. With regards your JSON export, which file are you reading please?

15. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

You can save your current setup as a JSON file in the setup menu. It can then be found under 'Assetto Corsa Competizione\Setups' in your 'Documents' folder. Unfortunately, only the number of ticks within the menu are stored, so you have to convert them into readable units first, depending on the car you're using. As I said, a bit 'cumbersome'.

16. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

That's shame _ I was hoping you were going to tell me there was a "temp" file somewhere that I could point to which held current setup, but alas no. As you say, cumbersome, and fine until the referenced filename changes! :(

Physics data being shared/updated all the time would be a help though. ;)

17. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

And weather information, pleeeeaaase...

18. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

And Analogue Joystick for Fanatec wheels support please!!!

Oh, wait, wrong thread... :D

19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

There is a solution for it.

20. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Racer

I know that we cannot get the full tire wear data and IMO temps while driving.

But I would love to see the I,M&O tire temperatures + tire wear data to be available from shared memory, WHEN we drive into the pits or are in the pitlane. The info is available in the Setup screen so sharing it while on the pitlane would not make big difference. And we have the Tyre temp app inside the game, so the IMO temps are exposed to the players.

To whom should requests like this be sent?

artishock, Doug Duthie and Peter Hase like this.