1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

.ini files on ac graphics - how to

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by andrea_gi, Oct 23, 2014.

1. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

I use the one with autoexposure..It's not so invasive for me..the other one have autoexposure as well but even less noticeable, because without at 18:00+ Was way too dark..they're similar try both and make some screnshoot at 13:00 and 18:00 to see the difference (more noticeable in the cockpit btw)

2. Frogpaw

Frogpaw Gamer

Here is my custom pp set. In addition to the filter file, there is also a custom "weather1.ini".
    Let me know if you like it ;)

[​IMG]

Download link

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    andrea_gi likes this.
  3. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

how to get back aa to 8x

video.ini
    AASAMPLES=8

4. Frogpaw

Frogpaw Gamer

If I remember well, there is also the parameter AAQUALITY which is set to 0 by default.

5. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

yes but it seems to do nothing...

6. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

andrea_gi, how do I install that PP set you share in the signature?
    My Documents folder?
    Steam folder?
    Where do I put the, I guess, different filters? I mean the files with dates on them, such as 06.11.2014.ini

7. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

The filter with date goes in document/assetto corsa/cfg/filter the others ini goes in system/cfg/ folder that you can find into assetto corsa main folder under steam apps...the sweetfx settings goes into main assetto corsa steam folder...but you have to install it in that folder, i provided only settings file...that only does sharpen the image with lumasharpen filter

8. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Tonight i'll made order on these files so anyone can use them..;-)

9. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I won't use SweetFX so no problem with that. I will give your filter a try tonight.

10. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

NEW LESSON
    cromatic aberration

with these settings

[CHROMATIC_ABERRATION]
    ENABLED=1
    ; SetChromaticAberrationParameters()
    SAMPLES=5
    LATERAL_DISPERSION=0.0001,0.0001
    UNIFORM_DISPERSION=0.005,0.005

screens comparison

first without
    second with

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pitone1975 and liakjim like this.
  11. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

sweetf or not sweetfx

comparison with & without rispectively
    CROMATIC ABERRATION LIKE THIS ON THE FIRST 2
    DISABLED ON OTHERS 2

[CHROMATIC_ABERRATION]
    ENABLED=1
    ; SetChromaticAberrationParameters()
    SAMPLES=5
    LATERAL_DISPERSION=0.0005,0.0005
    UNIFORM_DISPERSION=0.003,0.003

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

SweetFX sharpens the whole image (does an impressive job), but undesirable for screenshots where you normally use DOF to blur the background... but perhaps useful for actual driving. although when you are driving i think you are going too fast to benefit from the added sharpness.. Dont see any benefit from CA personally. Other than sharpness, what else do you use in your set?

Edit:

either way surely its counter-intuitive to apply CA which softens the image and adds colour distortion to edges and then apply sharpening, waste of GPU power too

13. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

i use only lumasharpen and smaa antialiasing on sweetfx..impact is almost none and it's usefull to see better in the distance...
    also cromatic aberration impact is minimal

the supersampling instead do a lot to improve image...look at these cut to 1/2 fps but looks great for screnshoot...i need a 2X power card... (i lower shadows and reflection to archieve 3x supersampled fps with multisampling)

inner cockpit CA enbled

supersampled 8x
    [​IMG]

multisamplend 8x
    [​IMG]

multisampled 8x no sweetfx
    [​IMG]

14. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

inner cockpit no CA enbled

supersampled 8x
    [​IMG]

multisamplend 8x
    [​IMG]

multisampled 8x no sweetfx
    [​IMG]

15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

agree supersample is great, im using it too

edit: also even 0.85 auto exposure min gets some drastic transitions on nords because of all the trees, using 0.9 now. i noticed you experimented with the delay function in one of your presets, what was the verdict? depending on how it works it may be useful in reducing the harsh transition

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  16. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

fxaa on-off

impact 2,5%

!!!!more visible ingame because it's a temporal antialiasing!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. daubster

daubster Alien

How are you capturing screens ? If with Print Screen then FX AA is 100% visible - use "Free Clipboard Manager" if not already.

18. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

I'm using print screen and it's clearly visible but i think that's more a perception effect that tell my brain ingame have more benefits :)

19. daubster

daubster Alien

Have you tried switching between PP presets ? When I start a race or whatever I always switch to the other PP and back to mine - there is a problem with FX AA (still is) - it tends to disable it self from time to time and switching PP's enables it again, make compare shots and tell me if you see it or is it my system ?

20. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Now that you mentioned it maybe I noticed it too..btw I'm always switching pp set all the time...ehehhe