1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SuperFOV & Immersive Display Settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by IDLH_, Dec 4, 2013.

1. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

In my limited understanding yes, Nthusim works within DX11 and is not a pixel shift and interpolate thing, it's seems to work like a camera lens warp within the game where PD is still even within the projected image.

Atle Dreier likes this.
  2. Horus

Horus Alien

Amazing setup, being 6'2" I can't play with it. I would have to cut the arse out of your seat, and I would just to have a go or fifty. Great stuff! :D

3. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Awesome! That opens up so many possibilities! Great stuff, and good job making it work!

4. HackMac

HackMac Racer

Thats awesome!
    In comparison my setup looks very amateur like :-(.
    However I still prefer my superFOV over tripple 24" or so, no bezel and more FOV vertically.

Unfortunately no Kunos Dev replied to your support request.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for showing your setup and explaining it.
    I also use a projector, but flat screen, and I love it.
    Your cardboard curved screen idea is brilliant.

6. Buggi

Buggi Racer

hahahahha .....great
    nice cockpit...

7. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

The lack of bezels is crucial for open wheel immersion. As far as Kunos responding, it's such a niche request and I'm so close now that any further support would just be icing on the cake.

8. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

Very nice! May you inform what's the distance from the projector to your curved screen and what is the height it's mounted?

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

Roughly 70" from screen center, same height as top edge of the screen so 68" or so. The key is using a short throw projector. My setup would not work at all with a standard projector.

10. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

I see, thanks... since my Projector is a "regular" one Optoma 1080p I guess that will not work in a setup like yours.

11. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

With a large enough space a regular pj could potentially work well, it's just much more difficult and space-consuming. You'd have to place the pj further back, and higher up to clear your head. Got cathedral ceilings? :p

Cote Dazur likes this.
  12. twizzstyle

twizzstyle Rookie

I'm new to the forum... I am playing Assetto Corsa with three projectors, projecting onto a 54" radius 180 deg wrap around cylindrical screen. I use FlyElise ImmersiveDisplayPro for my image warping/blending between the three projectors.

I am using the triple display view correction in AC, just as you are. It's great, but not perfect. The "corners" where the three "screens" meet can be quite noticeable. It goes right through the rear view mirror on some of the cars, and gives it a very sharp corner.

In a perfect world, there would be a setting for "cylindrical projection" that would be one continuous rendering at a lateral FOV of your choosing (180 deg in my case) with no seams, and therefore no sharp corners. I'll try to take some pictures of my setup, it's pretty great!

Tibalotte, Cote Dazur and Kristaps like this.
  13. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

Awesome!! I'm likely moving to triple pj's soon. Please post your setup!

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Your set up must be spectacular twizzstyle. Looking forward to see pictures or video. Also details on how far the projectors are, I guess you are using short throw, any info will be great.
    Although I am curious about devices like OR, I think I will always have also a big screen set up.

15. sal

sal Rookie

dude how are you pumping in 3 signals into 1 projector and making the projector show all 3? what projector is it?

16. sal

sal Rookie

sorry i just read the first part of the post lol.

17. Apex

Apex Rookie

Don't you have problems with focus (image sharpness) towards the edge of your screen using only one projector?

18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If you want to set up triplescreens to have no bezel and angles, you can just open the triple screen app and configure it to 0 & 0 for rotation spinner and margin spinner:
    [​IMG]
    (600mm to the screen and 166mm per screen is what makes for 'real' proportions on my 1920x1200 monitor, haha - not the ideal way to set FOV if you have a single monitor)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  19. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

someguys and me always do our yearly winter /xmas lan party... usually just cs and dod... but this year we are going to built 3 "race stations" with projectors and 2.4m wide screens... and create teams then... we hope ofcourse that we can use AC in multiplayer for that... but well seems that is only wishfull thinking...but the hope never dies :)

I will do some pics then... but it won't be that extreme like some people are doing it here ofcourse... however I am very interested never raced on such big screens before :) except you count the rift in

however I am amazed by that warped screen.. looks so WOooW ! :D

20. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

No, the image remains remarkably sharp across the screen, it's weird. I'm sure there's some IQ compromise but my eyes don't detect it.

On the triples setup as suggested - that flattens the projection and I need it warped, that doesn't work unfortunately.