1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Yellow bird handling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by APC900, Jan 11, 2015.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Who coded the physics for that car in AC?
    I'm not normally very critical of cars in sims...but this one is just wrong.
    The handling is not precise and it just seems to 'wallow' about.
    The one thing Porsche cars do not do is wallow.
    Though I've never driven the RUF version...I have driven the twin turbo 400hp 425lb ft monster (which was not very far off).
    My brother owned that car for about four years.
    The one thing that absolutely 'floored' me on my very first of many drives of that car...was it's torque.
    It was a fu**in' monster.
    You hardly had to reach for the shifter...in any gear.
    It also was very, very nice to drive through the oversteer with loads of throttle.
    While AC has done lots of very good things, sadly they've got this car very wrong.
    It needs to be retrieve and re-coded to reflect what Porsche cars do better than any other.

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room RUF CTR Yellow Bird headlights problem Mar 12, 2020
    Screens & Videos Fair match - Ferrari F40 versus RUF CTR Yellowbird Aug 27, 2017
    Screens & Videos RUF CTR "Yellowbird" VR content Aug 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Issue in the physics of the suspension of the classic 911 Porsche and Ruf CTR Yellowbird. Jul 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ruf CTR yellowbird rear tire odd behavior Jun 27, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds brake pressure option missing: Ferrari F40 S3, RUF Yellowbird (?) Dec 6, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF Yellowbird rear wheels not centered in arches Nov 14, 2016
    Screens & Videos Yellowbird 0 - Monza 1 Oct 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Yellow Bird VS F40 Sep 18, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues RUF Yellowbird AI Boost Jul 23, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound for the Yellowbird May 21, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Yellowbird hotlap on Black cat county Apr 6, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF Yellowbird rear suspension geometry Feb 21, 2016
    General modding discussion Windscreen banner for Ruf Yellowbird? Feb 3, 2016
    Liveries Xedrox - Ruf Yellowbird collection (released Eminence) Feb 2, 2016

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I would love if the RUF wallowed even more, if more precise, I want more pronounced lift off oversteer

4. victor86

victor86 Racer

Yes, the car is horrible on oversteer, impossible to go sideways, and if you do, it's just crap. Setting fov above 100' partly solves the torque problem. I can't take anymore, I know a guy whose brother had one and he says this one is ****.

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

[​IMG]

6. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Imo there's nothing wrong with the handling of the ruf..

Its great fun :D

7. Berry

Berry Alien

[​IMG]
    Imho, nothing wrong with the RUF.
    What 911 Turbo did you drive that had 400HP? If it's a modern one, modern Porsche's have only a fragment of the handling characteristic that the old Porsche's, and this RUF, had.

8. demonized

demonized Simracer

Hope this answers to all complains

9. yallu

yallu Gamer

No opinion either way, just a nice video, though not very good image quality.

10. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I love seeing people hate on the RUF, it just tells that that they cannot drive. If you cannot slide the RUF round every bend in a track with ease, you've got issues. I absolutely LOVE the handling characteristics of the RUF.

I've pretty much not driven much else since it has been released.

(Also mostly using DK2 so no change in setup whatsoever)

11. You mean "slide and keep it under control"? If you do, then 99.9% of drivers have issues :)

cerebus23 and Rift Racer like this.
  12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Poor rift owners are forced to drive with the semi slicks and that massive positive toe at the rear, I feel sorry for them:(

Snjper and Rift Racer like this.
  13. Torcano

Torcano Alien

LOL, for me the RuF is probably the easiest car to slide around in. It is quite predictable if you drive it right, if you can't drive properly then I guess it could be a handful. You have to be ready to manhandle that car around corners, it does not like being driven delicately. Also the fact that if you cannot maintain the revs in the powerband and keep going on and off the turbo's optimal rev range it will get extremely squirrely, that is how it works, learn to use your right foot is all I the advise I can give you.

A gif to demonstrate what I mean when I say it is extremely predictable on oversteer, so easy in fact you can do mid corner adjustments while sliding about.
    http://gfycat.com/UncomfortableSameDobermanpinscher#

EpicCheesyTurtle likes this.
  14. esox71

esox71 Alien

Looks like I can't drive...I feel so ashamed :oops:

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.
  15. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Fixed it for you.

16. Haha...."if you can't drive properly". Classic.

17. Even I can slide this car around without losing control more often than not.

18. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

400hp 911 turbo? it have to be the 993, wish is awd

19. esox71

esox71 Alien

You can change someones words like that then make it look like they quoted it??
    That's just nasty, or am I picking this up wrong??

20. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Nah, not trying to be nasty, just trying to be funny (which I fail at quite often TBH) by showing OP his erroneous judgement on the Yellowbird physics. "Fixed that for you" (usually written as "FTFY") is a common trollish quote post used in a good many forums. That's why I bolded the words I changed/added...
    Funny stuff, right? :rolleyes:

The Moose likes this.
  21. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

LOL, and so you should be :p

esox71 likes this.