1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Yellow bird handling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by APC900, Jan 11, 2015.

1. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

dude your brother car was AWD, the RUF CTR aka yellowbird is RWD and is based on the NORMAL 964, not the widebody turbo know as the 930.

2. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Fully aware guy...but chassis on that car did not roll all over the place either.
    Lots of oversteer is inherent to all rear-engined Porsche, but they don't roll around in their suspensions.
    That's what makes them so much fun to drive.

3. I think you should shut up instead of sharing your immense ignorance and incapability to drive to the world.

demonized, eXo, TCLF and 2 others like this.
  4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I also think Kunos was wrong with the Ruf's handling, look at this, no wallowing/wobbling/whatever , almost no tailhappiness:

/SARCASM

Cheers
    Robin

Slavc, Aim BOT, bobskype and 3 others like this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Definitely still a better game on handling and stuff, than the newer titles released. EA what are you doing, EA stahp, #freePorscha

Tim Meuris, arthur666 and Akis Kev like this.
  6. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Porsche unleased... Best nfs, together with most wanted.

7. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I actually think the performance of the CTR is amazing, looking at the fact that it is an almost 30 year old street car without any electronic assistance like ABS or ESP.

And to the OP, mind that you can adjust the turbo for more power.

8. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I think he needs less power :p

9. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

What am i looking at here? Aside from the obvious mcpherson strut, what's this picture supposed to mean to me?

10. I feel like the RUF is a bit overpowered. Once boost is on 10% it handles like I would expect a classic porsche to handle.

11. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

It's no classic Porsche! It's a Ruf.

Robin_NL likes this.
  12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Shouldn't a vehicle what was the fastest streetcar in the world at the end of the '80s be a bit overpowered in the first place?
    And why cut down the boost? It's a RUF CTR fgs not a 'classic Porsche' , it's mayhem for many people but for me it's more than very well drive/driftable. Already stated in this thread, probably the physically 'best' car Kunos made to date(apart from E30 M3, 458 imho)
    Are here still people who haven't seen the irl '80s driving video on the Nordschleife yet? Pfff...

Cheers
    Robin

Qwaribo likes this.
  13. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

If people want no wallowing/wobbling/sliding etc. I suggest travelling by train.;)

Cheers
    Robin

14. No need to eductate me guys, just stated what first came to my mind. I am aware that apart from the body/engine it shares not much with a Porsche. Just felt that its interesting how on low turbo this is a completely different car.

15. Tom_Sr3

Tom_Sr3 Rookie

Not even the 964 but the model before it, 911 3.2. That's indeed a mayor difference to the 993 BiTurbo.

RedLoto likes this.
  16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Just for fun, I searched on youtube other games with the ruf yellowbird. I remember to drive this ruf on gran turismo 4.. but I don't remember the handling, I was too young to acknowledge such things.

Some more:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  17. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

Funnily enough I just won it in Gran Turismo 4 and I used the same setup as I use in AC, it's actually quite similar. Punishes you for braking too late and has the nice off throttle oversteer that let's you dive into corners.

18. :confused:
    Look again! Its not struts. Its trailing arms rear suspension. Classic Porsches all had them and, although they make for a fun drive, they're very inefficient.

19. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Yeah!....because you just know me so well, that you know I'm incapable of driving the car...even in AC.
    Wow! You've got some fu**kin' nerve.
    My first job right out of school was as a Porsche mechanic.
    For the next ten years, I drove several track outings with different models.
    I'll just sit over here with my ACTUAL Porsche driving experiences and be quiet.
    Nothing else to say on this topic...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Tim Meuris and LTC Mike (40plus) like this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope KS hire you so the cars will start to drive more like as in real life.

LTC Mike (40plus) and Kristaps like this.