1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we ever see oval racing in ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, May 17, 2015.

1. Grimes

Grimes Rookie

Than I have to search in my files, made this more than a year ago, if I found it I wil share it.

TCLF likes this.
  2. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

This is a great base to start with the track and as far as I could see from the video there isn't much more needed than barriers, grandstands and some detailing.

Grimes likes this.
  3. Grimes

Grimes Rookie

Here is a video of me driving at the version I posted the screenshots of, the track it self was "ok" bit everything besides that not so good.
    And btw the track is roughly basedon Bristol, with a bit less banking.

4. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

Video is private, you might change it to unlisted so that it is only accessible with the link.

5. Grimes

Grimes Rookie

Changed

AlBahner likes this.
  6. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

Doesn't look bad at all. Which parts don't you like about it?

Grimes likes this.
  7. Grimes

Grimes Rookie

The main problem was when you go of the track on the inside, it feels just like a sharp 45 degree transition and I could not get it how I wanted it.
    The reason why is just the lack of skill, and I dont know how to texture the point where the long track meets the small track.

8. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

I guess that's something someone with a little bit of experience can sort out, I wouldn't count me in then but I'm sure someone might be willing to do that.
    You might open a new thread for the track where you post what you've done so far and that you can get lots of reference footage and I'm sure that you will find a modder/texturing guy.

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I am asking a teammate of mine atm if he wants to continue this project with me. If you can PM or post some photographs I can take a look at how much work it will become. I'm at least interested into continuing this as I've got some ideas at how to smoothen the transition.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  10. Indycar counts as Oval racing too...BTW, have you folks seen the Indianapolis 500 this past Sunday won by the legendary Montoya after an epic battle in front of 350,000 people - the biggest attendance at a sporting event?...here it is the 99th running of the Indianapolis 500: Enjoy!

Ischemica, snyperal and TCLF like this.
  11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Who wouldn't want to finish a race like this :D

12. I don't understand why some people are so virulently against the inclusion of ovals in racing sims. That stuff's super exciting with a car that has too much power and too little grip, surrounded by other cars struggling in much the same way.

13. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

a thrilling end of a race really! wow!
    but still not tempted to drive this in a sim

Patrik Marek likes this.
  14. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

Everyone who thinks racing ovals in video games is boring should try the Jacksonville Speedway for AC with atleast 25 AI cars or try any other sim that has oval racing.
    A 5-10 lap race with a large grid is extremely fun and you really have to concentrate to keep your pace and avoid other cars. It's just as demanding as 4 laps on the Nordschleife.

jc1993 and arthur666 like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's not boring, it has it's own things that are bad and good about it
    to make a test oval track should be fairly easy ,

16. anonymous311

anonymous311 Rookie

asrtracks has a facebook page and they are working on some ovals. they posted some pics and have a nascar 80's mod and a gen6 in development.

jonnyboy_99, AlBahner and Ischemica like this.
  17. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

Couldn't agree more. With positions separated by fractions of a tenth, strategy is surprisingly important too. Trying to do the math while hurtling 3 wide round an oval at 200mph with mm between the cars is massively exhilarating.

Despite being a road course junkie, some the most intense and exciting races i've had have been on ovals. It deserves more love but we need the appropriate rules and procedures in game to really bring it to life.

Ischemica, AlBahner and TCLF like this.
  18. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm totally in love with this kind of races. They are about both competition and entertainment.
    I don't like Indycar so much as NASCAR since the latter is more about brutal power and no electronics.
    Drivers have a seat since they are good, they are not paying for it: this way they can act as badasses.

And the sound... OMG!

I still can get excited by this finish:

Anyway, these races have far too much rules to be simulated by a "generic" racing sim.

19. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

Also not sure if applies to AC but I know ISI is pretty adamant about making sure tire model supports oval...

20. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

True, but Stock cars/NASCAR can make for some wild fun on road circuits. I would love to see some cars and tracks even if it's not fully supported by the game engine. Luckily, we have a lot of talented modders. ;)