1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it time to be honest and critical about ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Sorry, I just realized its in German.... My neural processing might be not at 100% at all.:D

kofotsjanne and Horus like this.
  2. Horus

Horus Alien

Drink more beer then you get motion blurr and if you are lucky, or persist drinking, a stereoscopic view. :D

LeDude83, Jebus, ekosan and 2 others like this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

Google translate is my friend. :D
    I don't see anything in that article that says human eyes don't have motion blur or retinal presistance.

I don't know if you're calling me out on the wording of motion blur or whether you're saying that objects in motion don't blur for you or the rest of the human race, maybe it's just me that see's blur on fast moving objects. If you look at the wheel of a car passing by is it blurred?

Dennis Neo likes this.
  4. TDS

TDS Alien

What resolution are u using? didnt find it on your signature.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Then it all comes down to the definition of "blur"
    To me a moving object at lateral sight is out of focus.
    A moving object in those PC games that use motion blur is accelerated and washed up...quite a difference to me.

Horus likes this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

I can see your point but an object in motion is "out of focus" because it is in motion and your eye can't read the light fast enough to form a picture. To me that's different than simply being out of focus.

It is technically a focus issue because your eye simply can't focus on the object.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

your brain actually is capable of processing at light speed. But it slows down the output. Your eyes are just fast enough...

8. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

focus has to do with depth, that when your eyes are looking into point, they intersect in there, making the object in focus, and everything from certain distnace ( which for eyes is quite big) starts to be out of focus,

but that's nothing to do with motion blur, motion blurred object can be even if you are focusing on it , ... if there is car passing by and you are looking at it's wheen - therefore the wheel is focal point, it's still motion blurred, it has nothing to do with focus

eyes/brain is of course more advanced and you can see things better then through camera, which is why with camera/photos you see these effects much more , but eye is lens, as well as camera, so they react to light rays in same/similar way

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

all these effects add to the immersion, but they need to be used witht he right amount, not overcranking them
    even motion blur makes sense , and as proven with the last shot, if all these effect are well balanced, they are just fine

even AC uses most of these effects, and nobody complained too much

10. demerzel

demerzel Racer

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yeah, what a pure rubbish looking game,
    motion blur, defocus, light blooms etc.

[​IMG]

games should look like this , right?

no dof, no blur, not glows/blooms, no aberration , .. what a treat
    [​IMG]

btw. the problem with motion blur - imo - is that it needs to "match" your FPS, in real camera world/movies, motion blur matches your playback, and that makes it work

if you look at most movies, they run at 24 fps, so they have lot of motion blur, however if you ever saw 48fps movie or 60fps movie, the blur in them is much less, therefore when you see it, it still looks realistic ( even weird/ too realistic actually)

so that's imo the problem, if you game is able to keep game steady at 60fps, the motion blur should match what it would be like at 60fps shot, .. not using the "cinematic" 24 fps

that's imo what makes it look wrong

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

there is no place for chromatic abberation in any game except in simulate crap camera lens simulator 2015, especially to the degree it is applied in games like AC and GTA 5... baaaaaaaddd

14. Motion blur, bloom, etc are great tools for making replays look like the broadcast on TV but its not the way you would see it on track.

Turk and yusupov like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

not bad on screenshots, in game I agree

ears1991 likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

yeah, taken an eye out of it's anatomical context, this argument would work..
    Taken into RL this is a whole a lot of horse ****

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

its still too much in screenshots though, in real photos you have to zoom in so far to see the defect, whereas in gta and ac you can see it from miles away (obviously can be toned down in pp set but i still dont see the point of simulating bad lens other than to give it some vintage feel)

18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that's why you have art director, to balance it to a degree that he likes and wants.

it's deifnitely "artistic" effect,rather then something that makes it look real. But what's wrong about that? games can be art as well, some more then others. Yes racing games usually try to simulate real life look ( some better then others) , but in the end the game is still a product that is offered to people, and if there is one that's artisticly more pleasing then something that looks real but boring, people will go for the art ( if the art style is what they like of course)

it's like movies, movies are also shot in a way that you want to get certain artistic feel.etc , documentaries are shot more realistic , and you can see how meny people watch those compared to blockbusters

you guys might not like block busters and prefer documentaries, but it's the block busters that make money to the moives studies .. just saying

IF ONLY YOU COULD TURN THESE OFF ... oh wait, you can? so what is the problem exactly ?

Horus and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

if you must know, chromatic aberation hides imperfections a bit, it also makes the image slightly less sharp - which can be problem sometimes with CG that it's too sharp

this forexample also has chromatic abberation , way more then what you would get with real camera,
    of course if game would look like this all the time, it will probably get annoying eventually, but as I said before, I see no issues of having these effects for screenshots
    [​IMG]

and again, some people like it to have some effects some people don't , just because you guys don't want these, it doens't mean that nobody does

it's all a prefference, so yes, don't like it - turn it off, but don't complain about it ,how it doesn't add anything , because for some people it does