1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it time to be honest and critical about ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

of course, which is why I keep saying that the effects themselves are not worng, you just have to use them right,

it's like with HDR lighting in games, many people complain about it that it easts FPS and makes everything look wrong, but when you have the proper settings it makes it look more realistic.

I can totally understand that people have preferences, and also - often - chose to turn things off for better framerates, but why should you limit people who want bit more eye candy if their GPU can do it ? .. even more so if it's still in the realms of photo-realism

nobody wants light streaks or warp effect like motion blurs,
    if people hate motion blur so much, I wonder how many of them delete blurred textures from tires and rims :)

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

As I just said, don't be biased by WMD servants!

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Everybody calm down, please.

4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

everybody ? or just Ace ?
    I don't see any attack from my side

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

"Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear."

Cote Dazur, Dookie, TDS and 3 others like this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

edit by mod: enough, thanks

Didn't get that call from Mods early, I will stick to regulations though...

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How poetic! :) And that got me thinking about how Aris having it in LA? Is he doing good? Any news? I have ears to hear! :rolleyes:

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  8. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Negative -Hmm not really because 0.7 is above zero :p

Pcars will never ever find it's way on to my hard drive again, it's utter garbage.

You've read all my 594 and judge them negative ?

Wow I really feel sorry for you !

You certainly deserve this:
    Quadruple facepalm.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

While I agree with most of the points in the PCgamer article, I don't really get what they cry out loud about. Just turn the effects off, like I do. Well, unless some of those effects are forced on of course. That I have an issue with.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  10. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

but that's too simple solution :)

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well Ayrton, you come on a little fighting...
    Like me...

12. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

It's unavoidable as the internet is crammed with [REMOVED BY MOD]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think he would state otherwise

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  14. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

They always do :D

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

sure .. you don`t like some game, how the hell can I enjoy it now .. damn you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kofotsjanne and Vítor Sousa like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, Ouvert is right! Come on Ayrton, let's make up a time...
    We in German say:
    Schwanzvergleich...:oops:

17. Horus

Horus Alien

I have read the last few pages and see total silliness. PCars is what it is and AC is what it is, the same with all the latest and greatest sims. The graphics and post processing effect, sliders and options are there for a reason, for personal preference. Yes you have to get agricultural on some ini files to remove/change how it looks for you, but at least you can. This thread is about what you like or dislike about AC, not about how PCars is not close to what many customers/investors wanted it to be. Or how much Mr Marek, Mr Ace (no disrespect to either), or anyone else loves a certain game/sim. We can all trawl the net to find the information suited to our argument, but it still comes down to enjoying a few hours of your life doing what you like most RACING.

Do I like PCars, no. It is not suited to what I want in a sim, but it does work for a lot of people. Do I love AC, hell yes! Do I care that it then could make me look like a fanboy? Hell no. Chill guys they are only meant for entertainment. AC is my racing simulator, I still want more and more and more from it, and I am sure it will come in time. I still want to be able to turn certain processing effects off in the video options, chromatic aberration, auto exposure, mirror angles/FOV, so many others it would be silly typing them here. Then again you can end up with what PCars has for FFB settings and put so many options and tweaks it becomes a game in itself to play the game. Too little options cause just as many problems as too many. That is the one great thing about AC, moddabilty, some crazy intelligent genius can create options for AC. It is one of the major benefits of AC, modding and external content. It has it's faults but as Marek has proven, it matters little what you think about a game when you can make amazing content for them.

Ramble finished.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Dookie, kofotsjanne, TDS and 6 others like this.
  18. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Having fun don't you?

If I see any disrespectful comment or namecalling in this thread again you'll be removed from the forums.

It's enough now.

Dookie, TDS, Cote Dazur and 7 others like this.
  19. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

20. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for such kind words to my family. Thought you were more mature than you showed with that reply

Luckily, you wont be on this forums ever again. Enjoy.