1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Perfect timing for your question, Alanra.

I ended up with a default answer to many PMs and questions like that:
    Yes, you both will score the contact point in this situation. But it doesn't matter. It's fine if you get point from time to time. I really liked to be more fair, but this is logically barely possible. How could a system judge this automatically? No, it has to be simple, and a bit forgiving.
    Unfortunately you didn't drive on plugin-servers since the last wipe, so I can't check your stats. But I'm absolutely sure you will always be above average. Always.

---------------------------

But because it's obviously important (all of) you can double check your stats in the system, I've quick-hacked a little web interface so you can see your current stats (will be updated after each session transition).

http://www.minorating.com:81/driverinfo?steam=

upload_2015-8-8_16-49-35.png

Not very comfortable at the moment, but better than nothing I'd think.

how-to-get-your-steam-id
    steamid.io

or via the forum link:
    upload_2015-8-8_16-59-17.png

2. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

This says you have a collision every 111 corners. This is above average, well done!

lol. well done sire.

3. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Nicely done! Did my first on-line race in months is morning. Other than turn one mayhem at Spa (and the fact that I ran out of fuel) it was great fun :D

Your steam ID: 76561198087879109 Your driver names: Cooknn
    Your current stats:
    Contacts1
    Laps8
    Corners152
    Contacts per Corner0.00657894736842105
    This says you have a collision every 152 corners. This is above average, well done!

snyperal likes this.
  4. JackCY

JackCY Racer

There is a ban hammer on decent servers.

Yes and no. Yes if you wreck on well administered servers or servers with such system that could ban you from these servers.
    No, you can still join any other server or your own wreckserver.

Incidents are a problem, especially how to decide who caused an incident when even a jury of people cannot sometimes agree. It's going to be an estimation, guessing, and the more complex the less it will be able to process, CPU limit.

What is whisper?
    Regular chat message?

Yes, when there is no contact. Otherwise... WTH?
    Confusing.

How is a corner defined in your software? Isn't distance driven better, maybe even available from AC? Time is the safe thing to use.
    Nordschleife vs oval. 150+ corners vs no corners.

In other words the rating is floating and old entries are discarded after a while, so one can improve and degrade based more on the current performance.

How do you differ between noob crashes that result in spins and wall hits vs experienced drivers that just touch a door during their close racing but no one spins, hits a wall or goes off track?
    Are these other events also catched and reported by AC and implemented in your metric? Wall hits, off track, etc.?
    Being able to tell the severity of collisions software wise and determine whether it is a racing incident, driver error, deliberate crashing, ... the lines can be very fine.

Newcomers can be a real pain, no experience, no offline training, blocking the track and driving worse than a grandma on sunday. Had to ban a few already as they didn't get it to practice offline first. Not even while racing, just a cruise on NoST, yet causing enough trouble.

Yeah what if someone deliberately brakes 100m sooner so his rear crashes into my front when I am close behind, making it seem like I crashes into them when in fact they are the cause?
    What about 10m? What about 1m? Where is the line to decide? What about pro vs amateur driver, their brake points can differ a lot.
    Exploiting, sure, reporting false data into your database, generated data with collisions of GUIDs of people that someone wants banned/restricted in your system.

Above. Suggestion, have a look at Airio (cargame.nl uses rating system to restrict car access on multiclass race servers) and other LFS server systems, cruise systems, etc.
    It should be terrifying :p

Ok, so 10 people collaborate and crash into a single driver in order to give him 10 collisions while each of those 10 drivers only get 1 each. Guess who is going to get rated worse sooner? The victim.

How is the restriction going to work? Can server plugins issue admin commands? As in kick people out? Restrict their car selections? Redirect them to a noob server? etc. Ban people without the need to restart the server?

What about DDOS protections? Might sounds strange now, but I've seen it before with popular game servers of not so popular games being attacked especially when people get banned/kicked etc. Script kiddie revenge, I can't play, no one can.
    So such a centralized restriction system would easily be a prime target.

5. Hany

Hany Alien

I joined the aloog 1 server and had my first contact, the plugin sent me a message in the chat but I didnt see any messages at the top of the screen.

6. Minolin

Thanks for your time and thoughts, @JackCY

> Yes and no. Yes if you wreck on well administered servers or servers with such system that could ban you from these servers.
    > No, you can still join any other server or your own wreckserver.

Any other server without the system, yes sure. Nothing I can do about it.
    His own wreckserver? Have no problem with that. His server, his money, his rules.

> Incidents are a problem, especially how to decide who caused an incident when even a jury of people cannot sometimes agree. It's going to be an estimation, guessing, and the more complex the less it will be able to process, CPU limit.

Exactly that. I won't try doing better with a limited-data automatic system if even humans can't do it properly. So we stick with a system that is unfair, but very strict and clear.
    Isn't it right that iRacing kicks you after the 4th contact?

> What is whisper?
    > Regular chat message?

No, a "regular" chat message just to you. No one else can see it.
    Additionally every server message is displayed in the top (like laptimes), so no chat is required to be informed.

> Yes, when there is no contact. Otherwise... WTH?
    > Confusing.

Yes, give you that. I try to distinct between a Contact (C) and Contact Point(CP).
    You can receive 1 C and 0.5 CP for situation the AI is absolutely sure this isn't your fault. It's a bit contrary to the "unfair + clear" system, so I might hide the CPs completly.

> How is a corner defined in your software? Isn't distance driven better, maybe even available from AC? Time is the safe thing to use.

Simple lookup of track - corner written in the database. Distance is better, and we will switch to that soon. @Thomas Gocke did some decent stuff in the framework, wil merge that soon.
    Corners is simply mubetter than tracks, like Nords-Endurance (I count 81) vs. Valle-club (10).

> Nordschleife vs oval. 150+ corners vs no corners.

> In other words the rating is floating and old entries are discarded after a while, so one can improve and degrade based more on the current performance.

Excatly. Everybody deserves a second chance; and havin a pretty good rating shouldn't allow to wreck around if you have a bad day without consequences.

> How do you differ between noob crashes that result in spins and wall hits vs experienced drivers that just touch a door during their close racing but no one spins, hits a wall or goes off track?
    > Are these other events also catched and reported by AC and implemented in your metric? Wall hits, off track, etc.?
    > Being able to tell the severity of collisions software wise and determine whether it is a racing incident, driver error, deliberate crashing, ... the lines can be very fine.

Difficult, yes. Currently the rating just counts player-player collisions. We can add environment collisions, data is there. Spinning, 360s and off track isn't supported (yet) by the server-API, so I won't start riddling around here.
    I'm sure I'll spend some time here later, but currently there is no time for that.

> Newcomers can be a real pain, no experience, no offline training, blocking the track and driving worse than a grandma on sunday. Had to ban a few already as they didn't get it to practice offline first. Not even while racing, just a cruise on NoST, yet causing enough trouble.
    > It should be terrifying :p

We will disagree regarding newcomers :)

> Yeah what if someone deliberately brakes 100m sooner so his rear crashes into my front when I am close behind, making it seem like I crashes into them when in fact they are the cause?
    > What about 10m? What about 1m? Where is the line to decide? What about pro vs amateur driver, their brake points can differ a lot.

If he does this more often, you and others will have 1 points more, he will have X points more. That's the system.

> Exploiting, sure, reporting false data into your database, generated data with collisions of GUIDs of people that someone wants banned/restricted in your system.

That's Barbara's job. False data is a very valid concern. I can tell that the prevention is much more code and time than the acutal rating stuff.
    You may try it. It's not perfect by all means, but I'm pretty sure you need weeks to learn enough to actually succeed.

> Above. Suggestion, have a look at Airio (cargame.nl uses rating system to restrict car access on multiclass race servers) and other LFS server systems, cruise systems, etc.

I'll do.

> Ok, so 10 people collaborate and crash into a single driver in order to give him 10 collisions while each of those 10 drivers only get 1 each. Guess who is going to get rated worse sooner? The victim.

True. Nothing we can do against this, except hoping that the wreckes won't be organized that well.

> How is the restriction going to work? Can server plugins issue admin commands? As in kick people out? Restrict their car selections? Redirect them to a noob server? etc. Ban people without the need to restart the server?

The server will be configured (this is future) to let only people log in who are in <grade or better>. Beginner servers would ask "is this one MR-C or better?" for example.
    The Wrecker in class "W" will receive a error message in the login screen.

> What about DDOS protections? Might sounds strange now, but I've seen it before with popular game servers of not so popular games being attacked especially when people get banned/kicked etc. Script kiddie revenge, I can't play, no one can.
    > So such a centralized restriction system would easily be a prime target.

Uh. Good point.
    Can't do much against that I think. Then the service just isn't recording for a while, nobody will die from that.

o_O
    It should. Yep, pretty stupid answer. Will try again as soon as my dogs had their walk.

snyperal and vanveen like this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

here the messages shows at the top.. but they are fast. half second maybe.

btw thanks for this hack, fun stats :) distance driven could be shown too? maybe per car/track lol? :)

Your steam ID: 76561197998372051 Your driver names: TDS
    Your current stats:
    Contacts 7
    Laps 80
    Corners 1455
    Contacts per Corner 0.00481099656357388
    This says you have a collision every 207 corners. This is above average, well done!

8. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

First off a big thank you for doing this. Been racing today on some servers that run your app and I feel that already the standard is improving when people see they are being watched.

Your steam ID: 76561198137272950 Your driver names: Racert46
    Your current stats:
    Contacts1
    Laps29
    Corners511
    Contacts per Corner0.00195694716242661
    This says you have a collision every 511 corners. This is above average, well done!

To confirm what Hany said before I also saw the contact message only in my chat window, maybe the quick message on top was missed by me.

Will donate for sure, keep this going!

TDS likes this.
  9. Minolin

Mh.. They didn't last that long, but definitifly long enough to get the information, at least if you know the template.

@Lord Kunos do you know from memory if both ACSP_SEND_CHAT and ACSP_BROADCAST_CHAT are shown as server message, and how long they are displayed?

TDS likes this.
  10. Minolin

Observations:

Just logged into a server, this came in after the first lap:
    upload_2015-8-8_19-12-54.png

Also as a non-chat server message, although I was too busy to notice while braking that Nismo into t1.

The collision-whisper also occurs as server message on the top for 3-4s.

TDS likes this.
  11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I haven't noticed any messages at the top of the screen...
    Are you on 1.3? ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I would reorganize that message so the last line is the 'vital details' (url & what it's doing), since the python chat only shows most recent line of info & other apps have a limited number of lines.

Hagen and Minolin like this.
  13. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Dunno, I don't play $racing. Only heard that there is some ranking system so you join servers with more similar driver skill level.

Finally.

Corner written in a database, so some monkey will hunt for every track ever created and input it into a DB?
    Seems more like a death sentence is better than that.

I think AC reports or at least knows sectors of a track, it say the names of them, corners though, don't think so. Would have to process the track and setup a detection from the track curve to get corners really.

Airio uses something like player contacts, but for sure uses yellow flags caused by the driver. On the other hand I don't remember seeing yellow flags in AC yet, weird! Either I'm blind to check that top left corner for a yellow flag or they simply don't exist in AC. Off track = yellow flag too.

> Exploiting, sure, reporting false data into your database, generated data with collisions of GUIDs of people that someone wants banned/restricted in your system.

I've seen endless cheaters online in every game, networking and executables getting reverse engineered. Even in AC it seems like the protections are close to none and illegal copy players can get online.
    Only a matter of time and some people have enough of it for these things.

*laugh* lets all hope.

So the undocumented API does support connection handling?

Well if the game server plugin needs to ask your centralized decision maker server if this or that user is in class ABC so it can allow him/her to connect it might block all game servers as they won't get replies from your centralized server. So either no one can connect or everyone can (including the wreckers).

Personally I think it would be better if it was decentralized. Every game server would run a plugin and store their own ratings instead of the ratings being centralized and stored on one "master" server. At least that's how it seems to me so far.
    Then if people want they can exchange the ratings data, as in the plugins on different servers would exchange the data between each other if desired, so the "master server" would only serve as a connector between these various clients. Client would tell master they want to exchange and get back a list of addresses of other clients that also want to exchange and proceed to exchange with them.

So even if there was a DDOS on the master it doesn't cripple the whole system but only the exchange, which would not be so hard to back up on several places since it's a simple address exchange.

---

I guess the algorithm, is more or less just a simple contact counter, nothing fancy. I thought it's something complicated when you called it an algorithm. Sure it works, was used before, definitely isn't flawless and can be misused/abused to punish a victim. Contact point is? I thought it is for example, left/right door, front/rear bumper, left door/front bumper, etc. the points of contact on the two collision objects. Front/rear bumper = rear ended. I guess it's referring to something else. Something to do with rank points rather?

14. Minolin

> Corner written in a database, so some monkey will hunt for every track ever created and input it into a DB?
    > Seems more like a death sentence is better than that.

Yep, I'm the monkey. Have written down all the official tracks, if a server wants to use an unknown track it's data just isn't stored. But I got an TODO-List entry with the name of the track, so maybe I'll do it, maybe not.

> I think AC reports or at least knows sectors of a track, it say the names of them, corners though, don't think so. Would have to process the track and setup a detection from the track curve to get corners really.

Don't know anything about sectors, and it would be even more death sentence to maintain sectors and stuff.
    No, I think we're gonna be very good with Corners + Meters.

> Airio uses something like player contacts, but for sure uses yellow flags caused by the driver. On the other hand I don't remember seeing yellow flags in AC yet, weird! Either I'm blind to check that top left corner for a yellow flag or they simply don't exist in AC. Off track = yellow flag too.

Nice concept. Maybe we can talk the lord into broadcasting flag data. Blue is relevant without doubt, but Yellow seems to be interesting as well.

> I've seen endless cheaters online in every game, networking and executables getting reverse engineered. Even in AC it seems like the protections are close to none and illegal copy players can get online.
    > Only a matter of time and some people have enough of it for these things.

I'm confident. You may be right, but breaking security is always a thing between effort and gain. I know it won't be easy and doubt that someone will have the energy to do it.

> So the undocumented API does support connection handling?

> Personally I think it would be better if it was decentralized. Every game server would run a plugin and store their own ratings instead of the ratings being centralized and stored on one "master" server.

Not a bad idea.. I think we'll return to that after the first DDOS attack. Having a local cache of all the drivers is pretty much effort in time and resources. Currently I'm really busy with all the stuff to do :(

> I guess the algorithm, is more or less just a simple contact counter, nothing fancy. I thought it's something complicated when you called it an algorithm.
    Yes, v3 is pretty simple. Not really just a contact counter, but not far away. v2 was very advanced, really loved it. Excellent in detecting wreckers in a few minutes / contacts. But too squishy, and very bad at giving decent feedback to the drivers.

> Contact point is? I thought it is for example, left/right door, front/rear bumper, left door/front bumper, etc. the points of contact on the two collision objects. Front/rear bumper = rear ended. I guess it's referring to something else. Something to do with rank points rather?

Haha ok now I get your confusion. Yes more rank points. I'll leave the "Contact" to the driver as someting they can feel, hear and count. But it won't be always "1=1", because the system will know when it's almost impossible that one contact partner is as guilty as the other guy. So it might be 0.5 or 0.3 towards the calculation stuff; but still 1 contact the driver can eventually see and calculate with.
    Playing around with "your" contact points could be a source of judgement for that. Imagine the software can tell "if you got his tail at this track position with this speed, you definitivly shot him" - or the other way round, parking behind eau rouge. Yes, we're far away from that, but I want the system to be designed in a way it is possible to add laaaater.
    (you know the forum guys here *lol* It's a foggy, rainy night here)

15. Minolin

And I'll close for today. www.minorating.com is sligthly updated, including a more comfortable way to submit your steam id:
    upload_2015-8-9_2-24-37.png

Of course you still need to get it :-/
    Everybody is invited to crossread it, change words or passages and so on. I'm not a native english speaker and I'm also tired as hell now. And I hate web development.

Data looks nice, we have now 9 active servers participating and recorded 1.639 Collisions with 117.959 Corners driven (would be 44.042.207 meters, 11x around the world).
    Average CpC is 0,0138946583134818, 2,8% more than yesterday.

16. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I would have said the more likely abuse scenario is that wreckers would run servers to generate clean laps for themselves to up their rating.

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

in 1.1.6 they added flags, penalties, kers to the shared memory. I guess that is for python, I don't know if it helps for plugins.
    Or maybe we need deeper level of control over game penalties and flags, because currently any community made penalty system can't be enforced automatically like the game penalty system is.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is still the option to blacklist people, clearly anyone that has a high rating and is a wrecker can still be got rid of the old fashioned way. I don't think it would be abused as much in that way as you may think as surely wreckers normally aren't so cunning in their tactics.

I have finally sorted out how to run the beta on all my servers so it may get some more data for minolin to work on, I was killing him slowly with my issues lol but assuming that hasn't made him abandon the project it will be interesting to see where this ends up.

I think one thing maybe worth looking into is only rating people when they are within a certain distance of others, it doesn't really say much if your lapping on your own in a session or out front with no cars around you. After all this is to rate people how well they do amongst other cars for the most part at least in my interpretation of it. So would it maybe be worth making it so it only rates when within 2 seconds of a car ahead or behind and stops rating when someone is out on their owm, are collisions with barriers, kerbs etc also counted or is it purely on other car to car contact. ?

19. JackCY

JackCY Racer

OMG. Do switch to some other metric :) Distance, time, etc.
    Avoid any manual data entry.

Meters should work if you can get that from AC. Sectors is similar but less precise, still automated like distance. Always avoid monkey stuff.

It may be easier design wise to count with it from the get go. If you code modular and layered then it's not a big issue to swap things but many people hardcode and then cannot reuse code, change things once it's done.

Squishy? I can think of many ways to decide collisions but it needs data and processing power :D None of which are probably in abundance, a simple contact counter style should work well for the beginning to get started. You can always swap it with something else.

How does it say it's almost impossible so it gives only 0.5?

---

Michael: it's easier to report falsified data with a script/app than spend time racing clean. Hence Barbara is trying to catch these.
    But true this tactic of driving clean works and that's how it's been going with Airio, where people who were ranked in a lower class and could not access the fast cars were told to go on another server with slower cars and less people so they can improve their rating.
    Depending on sensitivity of the ranking sometimes the ranks can change a lot in a short time.
    Main culprit for loosing rank often was a run of Oval track where massive crashes were common so yellow flags were caused often and that ruined your rank. Where as on normal tracks if you stayed on track without yellows you increased your rank. Slow cars on oval track cause yellow as well etc. Collision often equals yellow too if it slows both down, go off track etc. but bumps shouldn't. Sometimes cutting track over curb would also give you a yellow thus penalizing track cutters in the rank as well. In that yellow flags are better than just collisions which don't catch slow people nor track cutters.
    I guess the metric was something like yellow flags caused/amount of laps done.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  20. Minolin

> OMG. Do switch to some other metric :) Distance, time, etc.
    > Avoid any manual data entry.
    > Meters should work if you can get that from AC. Sectors is similar but less precise, still automated like distance. Always avoid monkey stuff.

You will laugh, but there is no reliable "meters" in AC, at least without hacks. Official tracks have a plain info field in a json file, some modded tracks ignore that (and it would be exploiting stuff again).
    The current approach is that @Thomas Gocke enhanced the .net layer to calculate the meters driven between car updates, this should work.

> It may be easier design wise to count with it from the get go. If you code modular and layered then it's not a big issue to swap things but many people hardcode and then cannot reuse code, change things once it's done.

It's not a code or design, but data issue. The database is growing, and all the driver data had to be synchronized with *every* plugin installed out there all the time.

> Squishy? I can think of many ways to decide collisions but it needs data and processing power :D None of which are probably in abundance, a simple contact counter style should work well for the beginning to get started. You can always swap it with something else.

A good algorithm doesn't only regard the physical structure of an accident, but more the general behaviour of the driver (at least when it comes to the real, destructive wreckers). I didn't even need a lot car specific information to detect them.
    But on the other hand the same accident can have very different results, based on the context. This is very squishy.

> How does it say it's almost impossible so it gives only 0.5?

Please understand that I don't want reveal every detail, but think about a scenario where you are leading and have 5 laps driven, colliding with a guy that just joined the race and left the pitlane.

---

> Michael: it's easier to report falsified data with a script/app than spend time racing clean. Hence Barbara is trying to catch these.

Excatly. Barbara also identifies a server by multiple things (one is this trust token) and weights reported data by the trust she has to that server.