1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Laferrari on nordschleife - 20s slower than before in 1.3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kosh, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Wait... Is there really someone who drives on nordschleife in anything different than foggy weather, 16 degrees, green track conditions and street tyres?
    You must be kidding...

Sent from my LG-D802 with Tapatalk 5

VenomSRT likes this.
  2. I corrected that for you :p

zaratul likes this.
  3. Gotta build that E-Penis yo !

I do think however that on a good day the Nords isn't that slippery.

Freddie Seng, aphidgod and sarabwt like this.
  4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

7:05min on 93% grip (slow), 15c, light fog
    6:59min on 97% grip (fast), 26c, clear
    Taking engine damage at 'Fox hole' compression:D v5 tire flex bug
    But LaF drives better then ever

yusupov likes this.
  5. @Kristaps
    97% grip, 26C Clear

One timed lap each:
    LaF: 6:50 (Doriftooooooooo)
    P1: 6:49 (Hate it, stupid diff)
    One:1 E85: 6:39 (POWAAAAAAH ! 410kph on the straight is kek)

Hypercar Road tyres, so less grippy than what they would use IRL for lap records. You also have to take out maybe 3-5 seconds because the manufacturer lap takes out the small straight.

yusupov and Kristaps like this.
  6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

How do you know that?
    6:50 would be a legit RL laptime, for P1 or LaF, considering 918 did 6:57, and Porsche did try hard to achieve that.
    In all the other tracks they are super close, 918 even beating P1 at Laguna and LaF at Silverstone national.
    I bet in RL they can't even beat 918 NS lap time, McLaren tried, but didn't succeed, that 6:47 rumored laptime is pure bull****.
    Ferrari don't care much either, don't think there will be a private owner who would dare to risk...
    my 2 cents:oops:

7. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Last time I was in Germany (2006) it was +90F every day and pretty much cloudless for 10 days. Is there really anyone who thinks it tops out at 16C with permafog?

I run "fast" track at 21C there for a nice-summer-day sim experience.

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I seem to recall that in last or second last dev stream it was said that a drop in lap times is to be expected, it was even considered to delete all board times. Whether the latter was seriously meant or not, I had no idea.

Personally I do not care about RSR and such, or lap times in my profile.

9. Devs said that they don't model the more track oriented tyre option for the hypercars. So there's a few seconds in that, maybe five ?

And trust me, my laps are impossible IRL. I was cornering much faster than even GT3 cars IRL in most high speed corners (yes, still.....).

10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

You drive like a simracer, in RL they won't jump at Flugplatz front 1.5m in the air and then slam it to the ground, they sure will pussy foot before Schwedenkreuz jump, and wont go all in at Foxhole, no running over the curbs at Beloff S + many other places.
    Care for a replay? I want to see how you did it.

insomnia likes this.
  11. No replay, I guess I can make one when I can be arsed. Going to bed now.

IMO they feel way too good at high speed. IRL if you put a good driver in the car, you can be sure that he'll push. He won't pussyfoot anywhere.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Wrong. That assumption is is Hollywood junk. Or attributes itself to hormone-soaking juvenile sunday drivers that starring in the many Nordschleife crash compilations at youtube. Would you take a movie like Top Gun as representative for real combat flyers? Do you think racing business is like being depicted in Days of Thunder? I am quit certain that there is no series in racing sports that would let drivers with so unbalanced characters like the two heroes in that movie into their car's cockpit. They would not even let them get close to the box.

I just watched the dev stream with David Juncadella, DTM driver since three years, at R3E. In there he comments on right that - that a simulation cannot replicate the adrenaline that makes something with the driver in real life that urges him to be more careful. :) He said that typically himself and other RL drivers, when going from reality ride to sim ride, tend to overshoot in corners in the first minutes of sim driving, because the limiting and cautioning effect from reality - knowing that the car is real yand your life is at vreal risk - is not present. Its as if a safety is missing, and it takes some time to adapt to it. The braking points differing in the game from reality, is not the issue, he said, since they are very close to that in reality , and the lines driven on tracks in the sim are practically identical to that in reality. Its the knowledge that you can press a reset button that makes you taking the insane risks. And if it means that it goes well in 9 out of 10 cases, and crashes only in 1 out of 10- that in reality already would be seen as an insane risk.

In short: the absence of feeling/knowing the danger you are in when driving a race car, makes you drive unrealistically in a sim.

He also gave another argument. Race driving is expensive, that is why more and more drivers of his generation who grew up with computer gaming, use simulation games to train their consistency and concentration - say: doing 15 clean laps within just a time difference of just two tenths and without going off limits or leaving track boundaries - and prepare themselves for a track by playing/driving a sim. Not all do that, not even most, but a growing number or drivers do it. Plus there are the real team and company simulators that get used, too. Most race regulations limit the amount of track time teams can spend, it is also about keeping costs in check (the big thing in F1...) . So, real world as well as game simulators have a certain share in compensating for cost-related reduction of real track time. But if costs are that important, it is a save bet I think to assume that drivers do not want to ruin their car's expensive technology by abusing it as flight simulators and lawn mowers, risking to shredder dampers and suspension and so on. As a race driver, you take risks, it comes as part of the game's rules. But that does not mean you are all suicidal. Economic calculation and cost awareness also is part of the job.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

watch what Juncadella has to say about it :)

EDIT: oh, or what Skybird said ;)

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

[puts back the revolver to the drawer]

15. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i know porsches said they left several seconds & i think even said if koenigsegg beat them by a not huge margin they'd run the 918 again which would suggest it wasnt just talk

16. You guys miss the point entirely, but whatever. I guess I can just point you to Kevin Estre's Q lap.

17. giant8900

giant8900 Rookie

I drive all my tracks at the worst possible condition, except the view, so it'll be something like clear weather, grip silder to the lowest and temp slider to the coldest, don't forget the worse tires. I don't usually run semi's unless I'm doing GT cars. Then I go to RSR and look at the times there, get disappointed, and try to eke out a couple seconds on the next go.

18. After driving the LaF on Tourist earlier with a buddy of mine...

Are the "Trofeo" tyres still slicks ? They are like 15+ seconds slower than before. Not sure if it's because I can't get any heat in the tyres (seriously, unless the SUSPENSION app is bugged, I get like 50C at most, unless I drift everywhere, then it can go up to 200+, RIP GT86 Eco tyres).

19. kosh

kosh Racer

Yesterday we had snow and today we have 2°C (2° above the freezing Point of water).
    16°C is a good average.

20. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I've been to Nords several times in several years, and in summer it's usually over 30C on a clear day. There might have been some rain during the night to warrant a "green" track status, but temperatures as low as 16C is relatively rare in the primary driving season. Quoting one day in mid october as a counterpoint to a summer of 25-30+ seems a bit... skewed...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015