1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gsce bonanza

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DaVeX↯, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Absolutely this. Completely unknown (to me) tracks and cars was why I got interested of the game in the first place.

Luckily eye candy isn't too important to me and SCE looks good enough already so any improvement to graphics coming with AMS is only added bonus.

2. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Finally got this thing yesterday with high hopes of finding a fun sim to fill my library. What a waste of money. Ancient technology, ancient UI design, horrible ffb, wheel lock more difficult to set than splitting an atom, no forum where you can check up a wheel setup. No alt+tab optimisation in 2015(6)?!?! Such a difficult simulator to get into even for someone who has tried their luck before. Steam needs a longer refund policy. I spent more than 2 hours just trying to set up the wheel then researching how to set up the wheel and failing miserably in the process.
    And their forum is on RD? Might as well be on yahoo answers. Good luck finding useful info for anything not a G25/27 or T500.
    For all the shilling done here, and in other places on the net (especially looking at you Empty Box) this game is about as good as having Duke Nukem Forever freshly installed after having it on preorder for about 2 years.

For all the shortcomings of AC and the oft bashed AI missing rain and night mode bla bla and camber woes, GSCE has about 3 years of catching up to do, not even considering graphics. The chances of this "automobilista" thing being that catch up thing are about as thin as a penguin fart in the Arctic Ocean. I really hope I am wrong and this evolution of GSCE will be some kind of miracle but so far I bought a poorly supported 10gb mod.

Rant over. If anybody can give me a better wheel setting example than the one on RD I would be greatful and if it works I will instantly retract the rant above. The one thread covering DFGT there is about as useful as studying a 5th grade Biology book for becoming a botanist.

earlyapex, JamesYZN and Eero like this.
  3. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Strange, personally I think GSCE has one of the best FFB available beside rfactor 2 and AC. Imo it is also one of the best racing sims available for your money atm, just look at all the series available and a good enough AI.
    Graphics are fine for me, I don’t need PCars eyecandy. I just need good enough graphics and a stable framerate and netcode.
    The UI is indeed bad because it takes too much time to switch between mods (but this will be improved with Automobilista).

Really…I cannot understand your rant. Setting your wheel up was hard? There are not many options available. Have you tried setting your wheel up in PCars? That’s absurd.

sherpa25 and Dean Ogurek like this.
  4. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Graphics are not the first order of business but have their importance in the age of 4k screens becoming more and more affordable and your graphics shaders nad effects harken back to 2007. Does this even support newer than DX9?
    FFB tends to be horrible when you can't find a setup that works. And yes it's hard. pCARS at least can be set up to something that sort of resembles ffb in 10 minutes. In GSCE my wheel "falls into" the direction of the turn almost limp but have sort of decent ffb when straightening it back out. Despite looking online, I could not find the culprit for this behaviour. One minor example of how poorly explained the process is: The dfgt thread on RD says to activate Centering spring in Profiler but then to keep the value @0% which makes about 0 sense. And despite the updates of the wheel lock menu from version 1.25 or whatever, you still have to fiddle with the menu whenever you intend to switch from a hystoric car to a V8? Am I missing something, does this make any sense?

Eero likes this.
  5. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, I can’t help you. Which wheel do you have? Because your almost the first person I read about who says the FFB is sheit.
    Personally I think the FFB is very nice and detailed.

sherpa25 likes this.
  6. @mistery Are you sure your FFB is not reversed? You can change it while driving by pressing Ctrl + Numpad 8 or by moving FFB Strenght slider. If you want to use only true 'RealFeel', you should set your FFB effects to 'Low'. Make sure to switch off Speed sensitivity steering too.

There's pretty solid guide how to setup the game:

7. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Thanks man, will give these tips a go.

8. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

I dont play GSCE much but when i do am never disappointed with the racing , same thing with Rf2... Most likely you wont like Rf2 but its still a great sim.Yes the Graphics and UI are not great.....If you can look past those and exercise patience you will find its a sim you can have great racing on.
    Automobilista should bring improvement the wheel setups.

Your specs GTX560? Sounds like you wont get much out from your gfx card so you should be able to get more from GSCE .

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  9. So you complain about visuals and UI despite having countless videos/screens about both of them, and then you come to another game's forum to complain about your wheel settings instead of using their support forum, plus you give **** to people like Empty Box for no reason. Not bad.

sherpa25 and Jebus like this.
  10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

@David Dominguez Graphics was nitpicking honestly. I was quite aware of that. Guess that means I can't bring it up, right? Next thing I know someone tells me I have a vendetta against them. ;)
    Obtuse menu design and complicated setup are the real complaints.

Empty box videos are great overall. That's why I watch them. He peaked my curiosity in this game really and it turned out a disappointment. That's the only reason he got the shoutout. No other ** ** ** star star given to him. He's one of the better youtubers out there. Besides, I doubt he will get hurt feelings because of me.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, GSC is built on old tech using DX9 with some added shaders but, pound for pound - the driving experience is excellent and the package is very polished when looking beyond the aged UI. The FFB requires almost no tweaking at all when the wheel is set properly. It's almost the only game that worked well straight out the box when I used a CSWv1 and now the AF.

Reiza did what even the creators of the base platform couldn't do; polish their title to a fine luster with improved graphics, dialed in sounds and FFB, new and interesting content. They did so without all the typical hype and sales BS that usually accompanies most titles; that's another well-deserved reason for GSC's popularity in Sim circles. Now they are pushing GSC even closer to rF2 with more added features while being easy on system requirements. I appreciate great graphics as much as anyone but, rF2 physics with a new graphics engine would be probably result in un-playable FPS on most systems today.

Pcars is a great looking title with some nice features but, lacks the driving model that can satisfy over the long haul. AC is the closest thing to providing a good balance of graphics, sounds and driving but, still lacks in some other areas. rF2 and GSC can provide the most satisfying driving experience anywhere if given a fair chance but, one has to dig a bit for info on proper hardware setup as it's not very automated on a basic level. Many here that have spent years with rFactor know how ISI titles work and consider the UI and unusual wheel settings to be pretty normal. :)

sherpa25 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

hummm u didnt spent not even 1 hour in the game, 1 hour isnt nothing in a sim... only to look all the cars and tracks trought the UI and read the settings would take around that.
    Spend a bit more time ... like 5 hours or so so u can get a feel for whats it for real.
    I find very natural going from AC to GSC, i fell at home with both FFB the biggest difference for me between both titles is the breaking feeling.. i prefer AC for brakes feel.,
    drive the Vee, Opalas or the Aussie Super V8's, Amazing FFB from those, Stock Cars and any formula also has fantastic FFB!!
    I use a g27 tho low force ffb forces recommended for most wheels (using g27 wheel preset)

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I have a couple of hours on the game now, and I see why people like it, but wonder how much use I will get out of this.

I don't mind the old skool graphics, and maybe the Automobilista update will pretty it up anyway. I now understand what simracers mean when they say AC misses a lot of basic features, because GSCE certainly has those.

Do I like the pitlane speed limiter? I get that it is more immersive, but will have to change mapping, as I occasionally hit it on my G27 during tight turns - not good. ;) But yeah, I don't really miss it in AC.

The AI is better, the race structure, rolling start (which I got very wrong the first time, and actually feels a bit arcadey), the replay, all good things that are better/deeper than in AC.

Just one problem: while I could certainly jump straight into cars and get it around track, the feel of the cars was ... a bit weird to me. As if I was on massive rubber wheels, with lots of movement/weight transfer each way, and sudden breaking of traction without much warning. It's not that it's harder, it just feels more disconnected from the road to me than AC, and as a result I enjoy the driving itself a lot less.

The races are excellent, the ones that I did against AI, and I like that it's setup for longer races. Haven't tried night-time driving yet, but certainly will. I can see practicing on this in order to have a good race should my league move here or for some endurance racing, but it would be work, whereas in AC the practice is enjoyable in itself.

With the driving feel less than AC, this will be my 2nd sim, certainly for now...

Ace Pumpkin, LeDude83 and TDS like this.
  14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I was trying to gift SCE to a friend, and I thought "hey the SCE+FT bundle looks great I don't have Formula Truck yet so I can just gift him the SCE and save the FT for myself", but it turned out that you couldn't do that :(
    So I gave both the SCE and FT to him.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think the hardware being used makes a huge difference on how we perceive "Connection" to the Simulated car. Much of my prior opinion about Racing Sims was flipped on it's head when I upgraded; I have new-found respect for ISI's titles, GSC, and iRacing now. AC still tick's off a lot of boxes for me so I'm happy to take time to play them all. :)

16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

You will have FT at some point on AMS :D don't worry ;)

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don’t really play SCE right now or ever since I’ve had it on Steam – I wait for Automobilista that should feature better wheel rotation support and nice graphics on-board. But I give myself a little teaser at times. So last night I took the Formula Classic for a short practice session around Spielberg short and was completely in love, again, right away (after stalling engine like 10 times).

The FFB is really good and very much like AC’s FFB. AC’s FFB still has the edge in helping me to anticipate grip loss and feel the car even better. In general, the graphics are ok for me but the AA is bad...like I said this is why I wait for Automobilista. The physics are top notch – everything the car does is plausible.

It’s the complete feature list that makes it stand out, really plus the unusual and exciting choice of cars and tracks. So for sim racers with priority on physics and FFB this is the only alternative to AC, IMO.

@mistery your rant was a fun read btw. but you should at least be slightly embarrassed for using inverted FFB and blaming the game ;-)

Jebus and nate like this.
  18. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

It was meant to be a fun read. I did not expect much of GSCE but I expected good feel as all have suggested.
    I am sorry you feel I should be embarrassed but I can't feel even the slightest hint of that. Like someone else posted above, the game works ok for them from a fresh install. Means they are using reversed ffb too and find it good? Car standing in pit, pull the wheel in any direction just a couple degrees and the wheel goes that direction all the way on it's own. Strange. I got 4 other sims or their demos setup right. GSCE required more research than all before. Some polish on that aspect would be apreciated, but who cares, it's a sim, it's supposed to be obtuse as fck, right? Scare all the console plebs away, amirite? Let's laugh at anyone who expects to enjoy the product rather than read a book worth of information in several online places that needs to be filtered on how to set it up, given there are no guides actually available on their website. This seems normal to y'all?

Some of you people - as customers - have a very weird attitude. I assume most of you have (had) a job or some sort of income and have a minimal understanding of how a company sells things. Also the fact that if say car manufacturer sold a car without a manual, it would not be the customer's fault if they could not activate launch control on a complicated system car. Or operate the infotainment system(You'd be surprised how many people would be lost without the manual for it). The customer would not have to feel embarrassed if they did not know how to operate those systems or adjust them, unless they did not read the sections of the manual explaining those system's operation. Offering said manuals is a legal requirement, one that saves the company big money in lawsuits and fines. Here, you as a customer are expected to know it, scour who knows where for it, otherwise... the internet will laugh at you? ;) I wish customers of my company would be like this, it would save a lot of work and resources if we would not have to offer our customers the knowledge how to use the goods they purchase. Would be funny if the world made fun of them for not knowing how to set them up on their own. Weird attitude.

@TDS content is not an issue here. Lots of tracks. Some popular in other sims and some I've not heard about -perfect! Low grip and high grip vehicles to enjoy and even some V8 bricks to make you sweat, what is not to like? Getting to enjoy that content is difficult. That is the problem.

Anyway, I give up trying to explain these things. Gamers as a whole are a strange breed of customers. Widespread acceptance of 1st day DLC, payed for betatesting and other such questionable practices shows this industry has nothing in common with general trade practices on ethical or legal levels.

Thanks to those that offered tips on setting it up. They are appreciated. And sorry for the long post.

JamesYZN, Vítor Sousa and Eero like this.
  19. What it doesn't seem normal is to complain about wheel not working in another game forum instead of using the official one. So yes, as you said, gamers are strange.

20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is it possible to adjust FFB minimum force in GSCE? Thanks.