1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gsce bonanza

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DaVeX↯, Jun 28, 2015.

1. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The problems begin when you start making a brand new engine. SMS started with ISIMotor2, developed a brand new engine and look at all the issues they've had. S3S also started with ISIMotor2 and built a mainly new engine - it took them years to add AI, multiplayer and pitstops and it still won't do many of the the things GTR2 did. Reiza are smaller than SMS or S3S so making a new engine will not be easy. My guess is it won't be brand new but will stick with ISIMotor2 as much as possible except for the graphics.

As a European customer they won't be king for me because most of their content is non-European or fictional and doesn't have the same appeal as the licensed European content in rival titles.

Deatroy and Glaurung like this.
  2. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

They promised international content too...

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

How good is AI is SCE? Rfactor2, AC, something in between?

4. Something in between.

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

They're similar to AC in a lot of ways - very meh on race start, not aware enough of the player, and if you know which corners they're bad at you can tromp all over them even when they're setting similar laptimes. Then again like AC it depends what car you're in. Really the main difference is that the extra aggression slider lets you set them from "bashful puppies crowded behind you" to "angry police who know what you done and are gonna knock you off the track" depending what you're in the mood for.

6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

better than AC, not on rf2 level.. You need to find tune difficulty for different classes and not going too crazy with aggression slider..

7. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

And this is why AMS is interesting to me, Reiza choose to focus on interesting content than remaking the similar European content that many other games has.

Jebus, millen, TDS and 3 others like this.
  8. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, I misunderstood your post before. :D
    I think MP in racing sims needs a system like RF2, where you can download all you need before the race, in case you don't have certain cars & tracks.
    Steam Workshop would be another great chance to improve MP, because still you mainly see Spa, Monza, Nords etc when you go online. And that's a shame because there are so many great mods.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Next-gen in itself is a marketing word and doesn't mean anything at all. It is a word coined by sony and microsoft who needed a word to make their new consoles sound better than the old ones.

nate and fbiehne like this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's a loud word but essentially means significantly revamped product. My understanding that for SCE that means at least bringing it up to current gen games graphics standards.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Do we expect another game, the one that was featured in crowd funding campaign later
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza/#/
    Or this is it, i.e. Automobilista is a new game (next-gen) that will just see some updates.

12. Automobilista is simply gsce with the features and content promised in the bonanza campaign. The other new title won't happen until 2017.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Source?

14. Just read the press release that was posted few pages back.

15. Automobilista is SCE 1.6 or something like that.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I can't find anything official stating this. Where should I look specifically?
    Here?
    http://www.game-automobilista.com/

17. http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/gsce-bonanza.24622/page-18#post-611762

AUTOMOBILISTA is an evolution of the project presented by Reiza´s successful crowdfunding campaign in July 2015. Originally proposed as an extensive free update to Stock Car Extreme, AMS has grown further to become a completely independent release from SCE - it will however remain free to everyone who bought Stock Car Extreme up until January 5th 2016.

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks, I saw that, what I was looking for is official word that this is not the final result of crowd funding and another "really" improved version comes out in 2017.

19. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Go to GSCE indiegogo page mate, first post :D

"A new sim! Can you tell us all about it?
    Unfortunately not yet - in fact development & raising funds for the new game is not supposed to be the focus of this campaign.

We are however opting to present some preliminary information here (as well as offering the chance for people to get onboard) for 3 main reasons:
    1. Our cumulative development approach means there is substantial overlap in the development of the current titles moving on to the next;
    2. We want to give our longtime supporters who already own one or both current games a valuable incentive for their eventual contribution;
    3. We believe increasing access & interaction with the community at this stage will have a positive effect in our decisions for the next project.
    To ensure this is not a complete leap in the dark, below are some of the main points already stablished for our next project:
    • PC Racing Simulator on Steam, to be developed, expanded & supported for years after initial release;
    • Integrates all our licenses & assets (present & future) into the same platform with free core updates + paid DLC packages;
    • Release price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs);
    • Initial release planned for Q4 2016;
    • Includes majority of the content base in current sims + expands substantially on official licensed content & international tracks;
    • DX12 graphics engine;
    • Extensive audio & physicsdevelopments;
    • Dynamic weather & track conditions."

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  20. Renato (Reiza owner) explained it himself in their internal forum.

DaVeX↯ likes this.