1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gsce bonanza

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DaVeX↯, Jun 28, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

my impression from the PRC article is thats possible...i dont think that necessarily means likely. i havent followed the discussions tbh bc initially reiza said that while backers will get the updated game + all content, owners who did NOT back will have to pay for new content...well, most of the backers thought that was just fine (since they lose nothing), but the problem is WE BACKED THEM SO THE CONTENT WOULD BE FREE FOR ALL...dont recall the wording, im sure it can still be looked up, but it was pretty explicit thats what we were doing. so i was really disgusted by that and i havent followed it since.

i am looking fwd to AMS though and my point with the above is that just bc reiza mentions something as a possibility -- there is a precedent for them realizing its not cool & ultimately making the right call. no one should be assuming anything right now.

2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well, new tire models will take some time to get them polished, but I think staying with old generation isn't really the way fortward
    I'm glad I will get it for free, because judging from the screenshots it's not something I would buy in 2016 , don't care how good it will feel

but I'm still eagerly waiting for some more details of their new engine

sherpa25 likes this.
  3. Stock Car Extreme with brand new engine would easily be the king of new generation sims. It is unbelieveable how much they've managed to outsource from that ancient engine! I rank it higher than the rF2 which tyres looks to be something nobody (ISI included) will understand properly. Just my personal opinion.

burrito, dauntless and TDS like this.
  4. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well to paraphrase (in very loose way) Renato: its tyre model is advanced enough to be good enough for everything you need but not advanced enough to be uncontrolable mess for devs (i guess that was reference to ISI) ;)

TDS and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

But Automobilista is not next gen, that one is hopefully will see the light in 2017, just some intermediate baby step. Naming it differently and branding as another game is more like marketing trick.

6. I know that and wasn't talking about Automobilista but Stock Car Extreme. And more accurately what the SCE actually is in the current sim market. The only bullet proof engine which doesn't have any bigger downsides other than the ancient graphics engine.

7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well they just posted first graphics comparison and I`m no longer worried about graphics .. that is good enough for me ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sherpa25, Dean Ogurek and fbiehne like this.
  8. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Good enough!
    Much better textures.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

specially shaders and toned down colors ..

TDS likes this.
  10. Just look's like they've retouched some old tracks with new textures they've used already on newly released tracks.

11. TDS

TDS Alien

total revamped textures and added shaders ,:) looks really good!

12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Also this screenshot. I guess they are trying to show that there will be marbles
    [​IMG]

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

So what? Still good enough imo. I don't expect PCars graphics, I expect good physics, good ffb and hopefully a vastly improved multiplayer.
    What many do not seem to understand: that is just an evolution of GSCE, no new title.

nate likes this.
  14. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

PRC is a big cluster ****... that has no idea what they are talking about :p I wouldnt source ANY information from them. Especially about Reiza stuff. They dont have access to the dev forum, so they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and they only receive 1 or 2 screen grabs of stuff that is given to them with the explicit reasoning to be controversial.

Everyone who owns SCE is getting Automobilista as well as all of the indiegogo crowd funding campaign promises. So, new Marcas cars, Super Trucks, F1 V10, 2 new formula 3 models, copa montana, mitsu lancer rallycross, a flat 6 cup car, foz do iguacu, virginia international raceway, totally remade 2015 version of Interlagos, and all of the feature improvements such as tire damage/flex, improved visuals, and dynamic track conditions.

What non-backers wont get is future dlc if Reiza decides to do that... My guess is maybe. Since their next game is coming out early 2017, that leaves them <1 year to continue AMS, if they decide to do so.

On that note... and stripping out historic bologna... that is being blown out of proportion. Ask yourself why they would do that. Are they doing it for a cash grab? Umm... really? You think Reiza would go for a cash grab? Come on now, that's naive. What Renato was obviously hinting at, is Reiza acquiring an official Imola license. Perhaps they will have a modern day config too, I would imagine they might. Why would they go official? Well... because much of the content from AMS is being carried over to their next 2017 game... The Ayrton Senna game... And what is more iconic from that time period than historic Imola?

If they cant get an official license.. they wont be stripping the track out and re-selling it to you. Who knows if they will get the license, but my guess would be yes, since they will have a lot more officially licensed content in their next game... and you dont just start licensing content AFTER you make the game, you do it before hand...

This new AMS game is everything Reiza promised in the crowdfunding, AND MORE. Everyone who owns SCE will still get this game. There is literally nothing to complain about. Those that do, either havent looked at all the information before voicing criticism, or are like PRC and blog to create controversy and keep themselves relevant to a select audience.

Exciting stuff moving forward for Reiza.

Cheers

P*Funk, yusupov and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. Pointless to continue since I agree completely with you and already agreed. :)

Can you tell a bit more what's wrong with the MP?

fbiehne likes this.
  16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Will these graphics be natively in the game or we need to install things like sweetfx?

17. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Read this post. And then read the post from Renato that is 3 comments down ;)

Quffy likes this.
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

no, it is PostFx built in game .. .

Quffy likes this.
  19. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

No HistorX = Not interested

20. Wait, what..?

Kevin Knorpp and yusupov like this.