1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are AC street cars too easy to drive on the limit ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Caleb Mils, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Not sure. But about 50 track days, hundreds of saves, and zero spins. :) my record is good so far and thanks to hundreds of hours practicing car control in AC.

The only time I've ever lost complete control of a car was trying to make this "drift" video (as seen at the end):

sgtprobe, ears1991, RedLoto and 7 others like this.
  2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

ARCADE!!! :D

You you've lost it when your head is facing 4 O'clock :cool:

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well as you wrote .. you saved it .. with adequate ammount of effort :) .. his point was that he doesn`t need to save it :) ...

4. Radiantm3

I was always told to look where I want to go. It wasn't working. :)

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If we just got every replay of those that claim AC is too easy or could just stake out the hotspots at nords in random pub servers you will fill 10hrs of crash footage within a few weeks quite easily.

Im still waiting for @Caleb Mils to do some laps on my Nords server so we can see how easy it is for him. I don't expect it to be done as stracker tracks all and we will see how many times he doesn't save it and how close to the limit he really is. He can simply post a replay of even a 5 lap run in any street car at Nords. He should be able to post 1hr non stop running at or near the limit and no issues with no aids, full damage and all sim features on. This will be flawless driving in where we may all learn and see a true master at work. :D

I highly doubt this will ever occur because I am sure its not as easy for him as he clearly suggests, its not so easy for me and many other better drivers. Even Im sure @William Levesque doesnt find it hard to drive on a real track as no good drivers really find it that hard. Its not to say its easy but if you know what your doing you really wont get yourself into too much trouble unless overdriving or making a silly mistake.

Those Nords videos are pretty much a good example of the people that drove a few Nords Laps on a playstation (fairly badly too most likely) then jumped in a real car and drove way beyond their talent levels and track/car experience. They learn the hard way there is no reset and repairs aren't cheap, most average drivers are sensible enough not to drive like fools in a real car but some have more dollars then sense or no sense at all.

6. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

@martcerv I don't agree with your position either. Some regular people will find it easy to throw a basketball into the hoop and do so very well compared to others, while still not making good basketball players. By your account only top NBA players would have the right to call shooting a basketball easy.
    Same here, it's not necesserily only WR holders that have a right to call easy, I just find amateur crash footage not to be a good sign of what he states. The talks on the modding and bug reporting forums are where the true clues and evidence of AC "easiness" can be found.

Blamer likes this.
  7. Yeah, not a fan of those noobie crash vids either, since I know how absolutely horrendous the average driver is, both in the real and virtual world. Not having an onboard perspective is pointless as well, I'd rather see how the driver reacted to what's happened. A lot of those Nords heros don't even counter steer when they slide, lol.

8. Or they start to countersteer with 2 seconds of delay, because skills.

9. blakescom

blakescom Racer

exactly :) ,, I'd imagine it comes as a big surprise to people that have never lost control of a high-speed vehicle for real just how distracting your life flashing before your eyes can be :D

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

nah .. no time for that :) it`s just inside voice ( I believe mine sounded like Bruce Willis in Die Hard :)) .. "ok you are in FWD, 3 metres ahead, 5 behind you are clear , what ever you do don`t go left, and preferably don`t go right either".. than you brain will swich off and you just let the muscles do the job :) after few seconds you are calming breath, fighting adrenaline shaking your hands, slowing to 90 and checking rearview mirrors if your little dance causes any issues to SUV behind you :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    blakescom likes this.
  11. Are you sure it wasn't "yippee ki-yay, mother........."? ;)

Fear likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

:) nah but I was making "fists with my toes" for sure .. to calm myself down :)

13. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Street cars are pain in the *** for me. I probably overdrive them (there's no feedback, like in real life, and I prefer race cars), so I constantly understeer.

14. Radiantm3

Funny I'm the opposite. I prefer the street cars. And I noticed that I can get into to the RSR top 10 pretty easily (with an hour or so of straight hot lapping to get into the groove of a car/track), but somewhere in the 50-60's in a race car. :)

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm, AC has pretty solid (maybe even exaggerated) mass transfer and grip info too in street cars ... sure it is miles from real life but for sim driving purposes ...

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Is AC too easy compared to the real life Nordschleife videos?
    I asked myself the same question. I tried to drive bad but it in fact seemed too easy for me to stay on track. I couldn't reproduce those tankslappers...

Was I driving at world record speed? Of course not, but I think those guys in the video are also far far away from world record speed.

Then I realized that I had traction control ON, had semi-slicks and grip level on optimum.
    I changed everything (tc off, street tires, old grip) and guess what: my attempts to drive bad suddenly resulted in tankslappers..
    Thanks god, AC is not too easy...:D;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. Changing a percentage of grip doesn't change how the tyre model works... You just end up having to drive faster or slower depending on which side of the slider you go. It's not like rain, or grease, or dirt, whatever. It's just general grip.

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Since the tire model changes (where cars started to behave very progressively while sliding) I find that getting into tank slapper is very hard, even with sloppy/slow steering inputs or bad throttle control, the rear regrips very smoothly, compared to how it used to be. Even pcars can "bite" quickier and harder when rears regrip.

dauntless likes this.
  19. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I lean towards the 'maybe its too easy' slightly. I often find I dont need to be precise when counter steering. I can simply put some opposite lock and regardless of the angle, I somehow catch the slide. In my experience, its not limited to road cars though, I get the same feeling from the race cars. But then again, I dont have any real life racing experience appart from a little bit of karting, so why the hell am I giving my opinion here :D

burrito likes this.