1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GTR Nismo Nordschleife time (im)possible in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by V8_KB, Apr 4, 2016.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I just took 458, MP4-12C and GTR for a quick spin on the 'Ring before heading to bed and I did 7:31/32 in all three of them with 95% grip and default setups. If you take a look at their real life lap times it would mean I'm right at it with the Ferrari and McLaren or 2-3s off (couple lap times posted). Especially that manufacturers "cheat" a little by not counting that short straight between the finish/start line.
    Now as can be seen on the video below the GTR is 20s faster than the best lap times of the other two. 20s!

So is it something wrong with AC's version of the GTR? Or maybe Nissan did some "tricks" in order to achieve that time (like Honda for example)?
    Of course driver is driving like crazy and I'm not trying to take away anything from him. Lol, just look at the video, huge respect to him. But amateurs don't drive factory "record" lap times either, so as I imagine the other two cars have their proper lap times set.

I know I'm not as fast as some of you guys, but figured that if I'm hitting pretty much the same times with the 458 & MP4, I should be close(-ish) to the GTR time too.

So maybe a little challenge for aliens? ;)
    Or someone knows what's the "story" behind that incredible lap time?

NomeKitoTestorbo likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge i cant drive/buy the NISMO GTR Sep 23, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Nissan gtr nismo 2015 Nurburgring Nordschleife setup?? Sep 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues NISSAN GTR GT3 NISMO SLOW AT START Jul 20, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan GTR Nismo Performance on Nordschleife Jun 22, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues GTR Nismo doesn't full-stop Apr 3, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Nissan GTR Nismo - No Sound Apr 3, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nismo gtr graphics glitch Oct 13, 2015
    Liveries Gtr nismo road is missing template Oct 10, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Shifting animation delay (nissan gtr-nismo) Sep 18, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan gtr nismo low fuel indicator icon Aug 6, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Gtr nismo tag a5, should probably be a4 Aug 5, 2015
    Sounds modding Nismo gtr sound mod - v0.2 released! Aug 4, 2015
    Liveries [request] nismo gtr template Aug 3, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nismo gtr wheel spinning Aug 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gtr nismo nurburgring lap (7:08) Jul 31, 2015

3. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

This was discussed a lot back when the car first came out. The lap Nissan did was with a car that had upgrades that they said would be available to customers. These upgrades never actually became available. I believe they also did some tuning specially for the car on the Nordschleife and who knows what tires they used. If I remember correctly William Levesque managed something around a 7:15 back then. My opinion then was that the car was still a bit too slow despite all of this, but the time Nissan did is not a great representation of what the real car can do.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ed-to-be-this-drifty.25492/page-9#post-517818

It should be in this thread.

Epistolarius and V8_KB like this.
  4. Yeah, did 7:15 back then, but then you also need to take off around 5 seconds. They don't do the small pit straight. Not sure how fast the car is now.

The 458 and 12C times weren't "flyers" IIRC. Not sure how seriously they should be taken.

5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Ah I see. Thanks guys.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the Nissan is a bit quicker then it was, not sure whats possible on optimum settings but may give it a run later. I did try in the earlier build and going side by side against the real car it wasnt even close conpared to the real car the . My RSR time was 7:20 I see but think I went a few seconds quicker around 7:17 then with it nit running which is about 7:11 minus the pit straight.

There is also now a nismo attack model available which you can buy and supposedly the same as the car that set the "official" lap.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/...-package-for-nissan-gt-r-nismo-r35-in-the-u-s

7. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Sorry for OT, but is that a reference to Honda Civic Type R's "fastest FWD road car" record? What's the story behind that record, what's the "trick"? I'm just curious.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Indeed. Just from the top of my head, roll cage, no AC. There was a thread about that record here.
    Also on another forum some people were suggesting that it drives significantly faster on the straights, which would mean it had more hp than the stock one.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

V8_KB likes this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Well then I call Nissan's time BS. :)

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well yeah, it's disappointing. It created the impression that the exact car sold, or with upgrades sold by Nissan (which it didn't at the time) could run that time. On the other hand it's still amazing that the car is so capable with a few upgrades that make it still clock in under the competition in terms of price.

Either way, that's why you can't quite compare the times between Nissan and AC.

12. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I really wouldn't use optimal grip for setting record and comparing them to real ring laps. I doubt ring is ever in perfect condition. I heard it's slippery even with clear weather and warm temps. That said, it's pretty high up.

13. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

"I just took 458, MP4-12C and GTR for a quick spin on the 'Ring before heading to bed and I did 7:31/32 in all three of them with 95% grip and default setups"

V8_KB likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I generally run all tracks with green track conditions, 20-26° ambient (except for tracks I know are in very warm climate), some morning/afternoon time (affecting temperatures), often full or near to full tank.

15. Berry

Berry Alien

@sarabwt: They're somewhat equal, I get similar times, with the MP4-12C being the fastest, GT-R Nismo and then 458, but it's a 4 second difference at most from slowest to fastest.Honestly, I think Nordschleife times are too much of a taboo subject and a somewhat weird proving ground in real life, you see all kind of advertised times, with different chassis setups, tyres, drivers, conditions, there are so many variables, if you'd try to come to a meaningfull comparison I think your brain would explode :p.
    Recent hot hatch times, Corvettes, the GT-R's and even though I'm a bit of a Porsche fanboy, even their lap times are a bit...un-detailed.

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I really didn't. :)
    And won't.

I always use 95%, 96% or sometimes 97% grip when doing a "proper" lap on the 'Ring. If it's full layout then I'm also always using default setups with 60l of fuel (not in all cars as some has 40l etc.). On BTG I usually mess up with setup.
    I don't really use 100% at all and not only on Nordschleife.

Fully agree with you. I treat it purely as an entertaining value. And as I already said the other time, if two cars are very close to each other on this track it doesn't really tell us which one is definitely faster. Since there are too many variables.
    It's still cool to do some comparisons between AC and RL though. ;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  17. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I wasn't really aimed at you, just in general. :)

V8_KB likes this.
  18. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

I was quoting the OP ;D

19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

100% surface grip will be whatever the main road of the track uses in the data folder-surfaces.ini. So several tracks have 0.98 friction, including Nordschleife.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

@V8_KB: I'm actually lapping all the street cars in AC on the Nordschleife in the same conditions so I can make a baseline for myself when racing, but it isn't incredibly conclusive, there's still a margin of error (driving skills), and so I tried to do them with the minimal amount of practice on each try (max 2-3 laps).I might upload them to YouTube at some point.
    @saranwt: My bad, heh, I'm a bit tired.:oops:
    By the way, talking about the Nismo GT-R's time, since we have the normal Stingray, do you think the Z06 would be able to get in the 7:20's? The chassis on the Z51 Stingray is very nice, some aero and more power+tyre grip would prove really nice on the Nordschleife, there's still something left to squeeze out of that chassis for sure.

21. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I know that, but I doubt nords is grippy.