1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PSA: AC is practically single player only

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AjKnight666, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AjKnight666

AjKnight666 Rookie

If like me, you bought the console version to race/compete against friends, don't bother. No leaderboards for events or hot laps. No private lobbies. Regular lobbies have tuning allowed, which turns me off as well as most literally everyone I've been sim racing with for years. Not only that, all the servers have 200-300ms ping. WTF? If we can't do p2p, at least have servers in every continent. And if all of that doesn't turn you off, you probably won't even find anyone to play with. 0/16 players in lobby everywhere. Can't find a damn game.

I've had the game on PC for 2 years. I only used it for joy rides. No racing, no competition. I thought the console version was going to be different (since they had to change the UI). I was wrong. Thank god I didn't buy the season pass before I checked out the game.

SP has its own butt load of issues, but it's at least playable. MP is not.

billelstar likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Temporal Upsampling stops working Mar 14, 2021
    Tracks modding Adelaide clipsal 500 2011 v0.90 Jan 14, 2015
    Tracks modding Psa: please use the new "released" tag for released tracks Jul 16, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues PSA: Possible fix to crash on server load in May 9, 2014

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Ok i can understand being disappointed about private lobbies and leaderboards but then you lose me. Tuning in lobbies, what is wrong with that, you change your setup based on a track. You say you have been sim racing for years, please name me a sim that doesnt allow setup changes. the exception is the series or car itself not allowing changes to be done.

4. AjKnight666

AjKnight666 Rookie

How many would you like named? GT6 seasonal events have a pre-made set ups. Pcars special events have pre-made set ups. Also, BOTH games offer private lobbies where you can switch it off. Most people I've come across just want to race road cars the way the manufacturer set it up.

Johnnyjoejones likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think he wanted to hear rF, iRacing, GTR2 or the likes ;)

6. AjKnight666

AjKnight666 Rookie

I never played GTR2. iRacing and rfactor are for race cars. AC, pcars and GT6's appeal was, and always will be road car racing.

cirederf68 likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Road cars in pcars... Yeah that's best you can drive there...:p;)

Schnipp likes this.
  8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Oh ok, seems like we have a very different idea of what a sim racer is. The point stands though that i think you are failing to understand what type of game AC is. Setups are without a doubt not an issue. Private lobbies and the other issues are still problems though.

9. AjKnight666

AjKnight666 Rookie

You're free to pick a car/track and issue a challenge :)

BTW Zonda R and Mclaren F1 are much more difficult than any race car bar the 80s F1 cars.

I'm not saying remove tuning from the game altogether. I'm saying GIVE US THE CHOICE. At the very least, have lobbies online where tuning is off. If AC's target audience on the console is people who tune every damn road car on every track, the game will flop.

Steve Hunt likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I believe as soon as you can make your own private lobby/ setup your own server you will be able to choose to run fixed setups.

Bigdaddy9699 and bradleyland like this.
  11. AjKnight666

AjKnight666 Rookie

Did they make any announcement?

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Only that they are working on privat lobbies.

13. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

From their Facebook:

PRIVATE LOBBIES
    We hear you! Our biggest priority with the console editions of Assetto Corsa was to release a stable game with great driving. Be rest assured, going forward, we are going to do our very best to take community feedback on board and build upon the foundations we’ve laid.

14. AjKnight666

AjKnight666 Rookie

That's vague. They neither gave us a timeline or even a promise that they'll do it. Does anyone from the console team have a podcast like Steffano's?

bradleyland likes this.
  15. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Im not sure now if adding private lobbies will help Assetto Corsa much now , sadly I think maybe the damage has already been done .

The guys I race with online have already traded back in while they could still get a few pound for it and have retuning back to Pcars , we was racing last night and was chatting about AC and none said they would return.

Ok maybe the diving in Pcars isn't as good as AC ( or maybe it is different people different opinions) but there's no question its a more fleshed out game and a game that a player can tailor to suit there needs both in sp and mp .

League racing and friend racing in Pcars is a lot of fun with a lot of customizable features, if Assetto Corsa started off with even some of these features I think people would of been more inclined to of stayed around and waited for the rest to come .

To be honest regardless how good the driving is for a racer to have been released with out leaderboards and private lobbies etc etc is a major mistake, only the minority will see this game through rose tinted glasses but sadly the game needs the majority to survive.

Djuvinile, MBK72, ppbucko and 4 others like this.
  16. Abigor

Abigor Gamer

ohhh man +1 on this

bradleyland and Johnnyjoejones like this.
  17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

18. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Funny how pcars all of a sudden is so great at multiplayer.. Crashing to blue screen every other race is so much better than fixed lobby's.
    Or maybe you prefer getting stuck in the pits.. Or the good ole starting grid pileup with cars on top of each other..

I'm getting great fun from assetto in multiplayer it's pretty much all I use it for at the moment. No ps crashes, no pauses every time someone joins a lobby, a much more stable experience..
    Add the ffb feel and physics of assetto on top of that and you can't seriously say pcars is better.

19. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Don't get any of those issues, and we race most weekends.

I know some are going to praise AC no matter what and thats cool , but you can't ignore lack of player satisfaction. Assetto Corsa has 3.5k likes on the ps4 Pcars has something like 57k yes I know Pcars has been out longer but most games biggest sale is within the first 2 weeks after that sales dwindle.

I understand you need to knock Pcars in order to back AC ( I don't really ) but you just cannot ignore hide your head in the sand what ever, your doing the game no favors in the long run.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    cmch15, Johnnyjoejones and ppbucko like this.
  20. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Blue screen? Are you on PC? Because everyone here is talking about console multiplayer.

ppbucko and Bibbles like this.
  21. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Ya when ps crashes to blue screen.. You know when it askes to send a report to Sony.
    Pcars crashing to blue screen on ps has been a problem since launch.

boskapongen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.