1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PSA: AC is practically single player only

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AjKnight666, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

We race every other night on p cars private lobby, blue screen, don't think so. It's the best sim/racer multiplayer there is currently on Xbox.
    We can't keep on praising the handling and physics of AC when the rest of the game is so flawed. You say the multiplayer is better lol you can only take part in what's available, the frame rate is awful, dick heads going wrong way round track, gamers lying in weight to wipe out the leaders. How about the non existent track limits, its surposed to be a simulation racer, do you see race cars completely cuting corners, chicanes, take short cuts in real racing with out any penalty, well they sure do in this sim multiplayer.

Its probably the worst multiplayer ever released on Xbox one at the moment.
    If they fix track limits, add the penalty system, fix the frame rate, give us private lobby's then it might be the best multiplayer on Xbox.

bradleyland likes this.
  2. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

im not knocking anything these are facts. I enjoyed pcars for the last year and a half and still do.
    You can't say you didn't experience pauses when players join lobby's or have crashes when SMS and Ian bell himself have acknowledged them.
    PlayStation was the worst hit by crashes.
    You can go on pcars forum and look for posts about it.

I'm simply offering a different perspective to the moaning that's going on here.
    Thread titled AC is basically single player....well me and lots of others think different.

pippo10, Bibbles and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I can say Ive had no mp problems with pcars others may of done but myself and the team I race with have not , but none of this is relevant.

Pcars is busy mp AC is almost dead , Pcars forum is highly active here is mostly like a grave yard and the game has only been out a couple of weeks , this should be its busiest time , you simply cannot just ignore the facts, sadly apart from a small body of players the game isn't what players was expecting and its starting to show though in many avenues.

I'm keeping everything crossed hoping kudos can pull it back but I do not wear those rose tinted glasses like many do here, Kudos dropped the ball and dropped it hard, for todays standards sim or not this game just lacks to much far to much and the majority of players will not speak on this forum they wiĺl how ever speak with there wallets and move to a game they can better tailor to suit there needs, thats just human nature.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    MLM_SPARCO, bradleyland and ppbucko like this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yes in p cars we get the odd disconnection, yes we get that pause when people join, private lobby gets rid of that problem, because unless your invited you can't join. The clue is in the title AC is only a single player experience, there's just two much missing in multiplayer to bother playing it anymore.

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Ah this maybe why we do not get this pause, we only play in private lobbies.

We name our tracks choose a discipline and agree our assists and tailor the game to suit, our mini championships normally run for a month averaging 30-50 laps a race with pits and we seldom have a problem.

This is why none of my team bother with AC anymore none of this customisation is available to us.

6. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

I'm hanging on to AC because I know the devs will sort the issues out. As for PCars, I've had it since launch day and have never experienced blue screen on PS4.

7. dawg

dawg Racer

On the other hand, pCars still has some of the same bugs it had when it was released. Can't keep praising. Except on their forums, where criticism isn't allowed.

Everyone expects perfect games, at day one, patches for overlooked bugs on day two, and new, preferably free extra content on day three.

People need to chill a bit. Give them time. And don't expect perfection, because that doesn't exist. :)

Tomcul likes this.
  8. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Yay for you then, like I said common problem acknowledged by Ian bell and other SMS members on the pcars forum,countless videos of all I've talked about available too. Still a great game though don't get me wrong..

I'm hanging on to mine because I enjoy it as a game and just thinking about some of the upcoming dlc cars gets me excited, couple that with the possible fixes/new features that will come and it's going to be an exciting journey.

Having assetto corsa, pcars and dirt rally to play on a ps4 never leaves me wanting for racing fun.

Mauler_77 and Stevesixty7 like this.
  9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I experience that very infrequently. Can't remember the last time, to be honest. Meanwhile, the issues with AC multiplayer are endemic to the design.

10. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Again lucky for you on pcars and again problem acknowledged by Ian bell and SMS.

Well really the issue is with the users..the multiplayer aspect of the game works as intended by the game developers regardless of weather you like how it works or not it has no issues..

Hopefully they can add private lobby's at some stage but the doom and gloom posts on here are laughable.

11. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

Bra, if you can't tune, then that says a lot about you. A lack of understanding as to where speed comes from on a car's setup does not say much about the driver.

But as usual we greatly appreciate your "opinion". You have a wonderful day sir ;-)

12. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Who says he can't tune? Maybe he likes the level playing field of stock setups.

13. bradleyland

What's laughable about the fact that AC is a ghost town on PS4?

14. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

I like your "opinion"!

15. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

I'm sure the Wii U has many titles with "kart" in title where tuning is off permanently for everyone.

By the way, I really, really respect and appreciate your... "opinion".

16. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Not on my game it's not.. Lots of gt3 gt2 Classic formula, drifting and nords tourist available all the time. I play generally between 8 and 12 in the evening in Ireland.

17. bradleyland

The amount of "no true Scotsman" fallacies thrown around this forum is dangerously close to burying the entire community. Restricting setups is no different than any other homologation strategy. There's nothing fundamentally un-sim-like about homologation restrictions. Quite the opposite, really. If you want to simulate racing environments, you need support for varied homologation restrictions.

How about everyone take a step back any time they get to thinking things along the lines of "no true sim would X", or "feature X wouldn't be very sim-like". All you're doing is making a fool of yourself and alienating people from participating in the community.

18. bradleyland

Post a screenshot. I'd love to see it.

I've never seen more than three or four active servers (not including drift and Nords Tourist). In the first few days after launch, there was activity, but it's gone off a cliff recently.

19. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    No ghost town here And as I've said always plenty of races and good selection.
    I totally agree with people that say private lobby's are needed but the game is still very playable as it is.

pippo10 and Stevesixty7 like this.
  20. bradleyland

I literally just left my house and there were three servers with people in them. Is everyone getting on when I leave :( or is AC region specific?