1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PSA: AC is practically single player only

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AjKnight666, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

^^ ok but still haven't tried it.
    Honestly I'm not trying to act the dick I apologise if I come across that way.

I just wanted to see if it made a difference if you set up a wi fi hotspot and connect your ps to that. Then start ac go to multiplayer and see if there's any difference.

You're more than likely right about Europe I know I can connect with England italy etc but I would have expected more people to play in America than what you see..

2. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It won't make a difference. It won't for all the very detailed reasons I laid out in my post. I don't understand why you keep pushing that idea when I've clearly demonstrated that, at a minimum, I know far more about this topic than you do.

If I suggested that you stand on your head while connecting, because once I stood on my head and it improved things, would you bother to stand on your head? No. Because you know that standing on your head couldn't possibly improve the connection. I've taken it one step further by demonstrating that a wireless connection would make matters worse, and you still insist.

That's acting the dick. Sorry.

cmch15 and L2D Godzilla like this.
  3. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

So funny so funny enjoy...

4. bradleyland

What's funny? Since you insist on being a right prick about all this, here are the tests you demand. No surprise, the results are exactly as I said they would be. The cellular connection is objectively worse (NAT Type 3, higher ping). Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

Cable ISP (Comcast)
    PS4 Network Test
    [​IMG]

Server List
    [​IMG]

Cellular
    PS4 Network Test
    [​IMG]

Server List
    [​IMG]

5. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

What a gob****e you are...
    I didn't demand anything.
    I asked yesterday out of interest for you to give that a go, it takes like 2 mins..
    You replied with these long posts showing how smart you are.
    I couldn't care less if you never got to play AC I'll be enjoying multiplayer with populated rooms..

6. bradleyland

Do you really think the point of my posts is that I'm smart? Why would I care that some random person on the internet thinks I'm smart, dumb, or otherwise? I happen to know a lot about networks. That doesn't make me smart; it makes me knowledgable. If we were talking about contracts, or Shakespeare, or geo-polotics, I'd know next to nothing.

Or could it be that I'm trying to prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the problem is not my connection?

7. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

No it makes you a smart arse hence the use of the word smart..
    Those posts don't come across as knowledgable.

8. bradleyland

You'll forgive me if I don't find your critique of my network analysis particularly credible.

MBK72 likes this.
  9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Don't really care what you find credible.

10. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Don't feed him fella.

MBK72, paul_wev and bradleyland like this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

This is servers on Xbox, uk

IMG_0075.PNG

As you can see, ping is quality, what you can also see is that hardly anyone is playing this garbage multiplayer with everything a sim requires is missing or broken.

1 stable frame rate
    2 track limits
    3 private lobbies
    4 race what we want to race not what you want us to race

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Abigor, Bibbles and MBK72 like this.
  12. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thread is now locked! Please remain respectful to one another and refrain from becoming argumentative! Thanks.