1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Months behind the PC version?

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

@Michael Hornbuckle ?
    You probably know exactly.

3. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

The AI is broken, fact. I just did first event with Bow, I scored above 7000 where 3000 is needed for first. During second event which is race they're just behind me on easy.

4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yes. The reason why there's no RedPack for example is that they still don't have all those fancy SF15 systems in console version of AC.
    Stefano talked about it in the stream and that they want to bring the console version on par with the PC as it's also easier to work since devs working on consoles often ask Stefano about stuff that has already changed.

5. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Think people need to understand you're not expected to win all the races..
    It's not going to be very realistic if you can catch and beat an e92 m3 with an e30 over 4 laps no matter what the difficulty..

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why even have it in the game at the first place then? It would be one thing if it was some kind of different class race, so you would get gold by winning against the AI that have the same cars as you or cars that do the same times but thats not the case.

7. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

That first sentence is crap bro.

Pedal to the metal

8. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Here is some more PC vs Xbox One AI difficulty comparison, just to add some data to the discussion and I do like a bit of data (call me boring if you wish ;)). I'll also post this as an Xbox One bug report so it doesn't get lost in the longer discussion.

For tl;dr here is the short version - Console difficulty level Easy = PC 88%, Medium = PC 91%, Hard = PC 95-96%, Alien = PC 100%. Effectively console players do not have the option of the easiest 80% and 85% type difficulty levels, which make the game more accessible when starting out and mean you can race without concern for setups etc.

Long version with screenshot data:

I carried out this test on the PC and Xbox One using as close to the same track, temperatures and cars as possible. I say as close as possible because it is currently impossible to create the exact same conditions,

Temperature: although I set the same time of day and temperatures there was a 4 degree difference in track temperature.
    Cars: On PC custom car grids can be set freely, on the PC version I chose only GT3 cars. On Xbox One there is only the option for Same Class, so with my car set as the Nismo GT3 and same class selected the Xbox One version selected both GT3 cars and some GT2 and other similar cars.
    Using Brands Hatch Indy and the GT3 class in a quick race weekend with 5 minute qualifying cars here are the screenshots for the qualifying lap times at various difficulty levels. There is a lot more data you can dig into here about individual cars too if you wish.

PC AI 80% - no Console equivalent available
    [​IMG]

PC AI 85% = no Console equivalent

[​IMG]

PC AI 88% = Console Easy difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console difficulty Easy
    [​IMG]

PC Difficulty 91% = Console Medium difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console Medium difficulty
    [​IMG]

PC AI 95% = Console Hard difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console Hard difficulty
    [​IMG]

PC AI 100% = Console Alien difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console Alien difficulty
    [​IMG]

9. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

I assume most pc players use wheel not controller, am I right?

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We cant really know that. According to steamspy it is 326,970 that have AC on steam. I guess the only ones that can get some kind of data about how many of them using a wheel when they play is Kunos.

edit: About 50k have been playing in the last 2 weeks. Would be interesting to know how many of them using a wheel and how many using gamepad/keyboard-mouse.

11. I think I know where you are going with this, and I can tell you that Stefano's (Lead Programmer and Kunos co-owner) answer would be to 'get a wheel', and he would not care how hurt anybody's feelings were that didn't want to hear that answer.
    Anyways, this thread is about a potential bug that is causing the ai in the console version to be considerably more difficult at lower difficulty levels than they are on the pc.

12. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

Is it even possible to play it with keyboard and mouse? How do you turn like that?

13. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

But you're not required to get gold in any of the events I've come across so far. 2 bronze 1 silver to progress you're not expected to win.
    If people here want the difficulty lowered enough so you can beat the e92 with the e30 then I can't understand it, what's the point that's not realistic.
    3rd place is attainable in that particular event which counts toward the 2 bronze or better and 1 silver or better requirement to progress..

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You move your mouse to move the steering wheel.

15. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

They need to make it more accessible if they want to make money on consoles, before bad word will spread.

16. They need to bring the speed of the ai down to the pc levels on the easy difficulty, but beyond that if you need 'more accessible' there are plenty of other car games for that. Kunos knows that only a small percentage of car game enthusiasts are actually going to be hooked on AC; the entire point of being on the console is to see whether that market is even big enough to care about when it does come time for AC2. Spreading word about AC being too hard to drive is actually a compliment to the team that creates AC.

Anyways, this is a very good bug report thread, no need to get it any more off topic.

17. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

Once they'll sort difficulty problem, they need to add text explanation to each setting, what's gamma steering? Toe, camber or tire pressure? How it affects car etc, it helped a lot in gt or pc. They can't assume that everyone already knows this, there's a lot of interested newcomers with each game of this type being released.

18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

So I tried the third race in the first series that I think everyone says is bugged, attempted on alien setting but the lead car was considerably more powerful than me. Changed it to hard and noticed that the pole car had changed from an E30 'Step1' to a plain E30. I don't know if this was to be expected but usually AI doesn't randomly change cars like this unless the AI driver skill is very tightly controlled.

19. Turk

Turk Alien

It's clearly not that AC is too hard to play. It's that the majority of people aren't brilliant at a skill they've never tried before. I don't play golf, i expect if I went to my local golf course I'd be really **** at golf. I wouldn't cry about it and say the golf club is broken.

It took me weeks to get competitive at AC, months to become consistent enough to do well at long races. I see that as value for money. Seems many people see the fact you have to practice to be good at something as unfair.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They do explain what the different things you can setup on the car does.