1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Shocked n disappointed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Zzcan, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Like I said ....if you had done a little research before buying you could have saved some money and your blood pressure.
    Also I got my copy for £30 from Amazon ....another reason to research.
    I'm happy to wait for the missing pieces of the game , as I'm sure they will get added before I start stamping my feet .
    Nobody got misled as all the specs and facts were available before you dipped into your pockets ...sorry if you didn't find them out

talby71 and RoccoTTS like this.
  2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I did my research, I knew I could get it for £30 from amazon on a disc. Like I said that's not my question, I want to know why we haven't got the latest version of the game on release. pc players are saying we had that problem 4, 3, 2 patches ago but its now fixed. Right then so that proves the makers, publishers new these problems where in the game, but they choose to ignore this and go to market with a product that's far from ok. I would also like to state that yes I also play p cars and bought that on release and then had to put it away for 6 months while they fixed it, but I kept it and now race on it every other day so I know how these things work.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That is actually a good point.

MBK72 likes this.
  4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Citation and link for publicly available report of the unfinished and feature incomplete nature of Assetto Corsa on console before launch date please?

Brett Nagle and HAZEYNIGHTS like this.
  5. Quertreiber

Quertreiber Racer

Normally that amount of question marks doesn't deserve an answer. If you would have watched the video in my last post then you would know the answer.
    The development of the PC Version went on while AC was ported to the consoles. And it's not out for "years", it was December 2014 when AC became V1.0.
    Everything before was early access, PC beta Versions.

and again, watch it:

paul thomas, Maxx69 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

As always stated ....the main aim was to get a stable version (at release)on console in which they could build .

I also have the console version ....just that I seem to have had a little more of an understanding of what to expect at launch ...maybe

mixjah and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Project cars 2 is looking at mid 2017 ( source Fourm Ian bell ) Yes even the head of SMS communicates with the players over there.

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

why is that of any interest?
    project cars is turd, and 10 minutes after they released it they were looking for funding for instalment 2 of the turd franchise.
    They have already demonstrated they are all about the money not producing a good game and supporting a community it spawns.

LeDude83, talby71 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

The point was project 1 is on a different planet to this crap. So they can release 2 at their leisure
    I've just played another hour to keep giving this a chance but I'm afraid it's just looking worse the more you look in to it. Like I said no brake temps would be as bad as no tyre temps. But as you only have bias to adjust. No ducts ,no disc size,etc. i suppose it doesn't need temp then. But my god to call it a sim that's what gets me.

10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Max69 not trying to cause a argument, but are you happy with the current state of the game on release. Considering frame rate, graphics, the multiplayer as it is, the ai and the main settings of games for a sim tyres, brakes etc etc. I will repeat I'm not trying to cause a argument but I am interested in your opinion.

MBK72 likes this.
  11. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Hey in your previous thread you already threw a tantrum, could you not spam other threads with your rants please? :) Chill out dude if it has you so worked up maybe go outside for a while, go do something else.

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

Trying and failing to get answers just stuck up replies from brown snouts like you.

13. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

By the way it was my Fred Sorry

14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Yep it's best to remember these are all just fellow players giving you responses and they have no actual information to give you, nor can they confirm anything. I've had a pc only gamer telling me the console version has more grip only to find he was quite mistaken all along. Take it all with a pinch of salt until the devs actually confirm it.

15. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Project Cars is not turd at all, to call it that just shows how some people have the blinkers firmly on and have no intention of removing them. AC is a good game, but for us console users, it needs patches for sure.

Brett Nagle and Maxx69 like this.
  16. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Credible post well written laced with authenticity , well done .

17. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

I think the handling of the game is excellent , the graphics are pretty good (I didn't buy the game for looking at trees ) I haven't experienced tearing or anything.
    The AI in a race weekend I did last night drove really well (far better than I've seen on other big console sim games)
    There are issues and pretty big parts missing that I hoped and expected to be in game .
    I'm not going to shout and stamp my feet until the devs have at least had a chance to add things and work on issues .
    I don't know of any games on this gen of consoles that haven't had issues at release and needed patches .
    I don't think it's as easy as it seems just to move what's on the PC version over to console (I maybe wrong) .
    I also wish we had private lobbies and 3rd party apps and this and that ....difference is I'm happy to wait and see what happens and enjoy the single player game while running our league races over at pcars for now .
    For £30 I'm pretty happy

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, spread the word that AC is mainly made for practice/quick race/race weekends. Here is where the fun lies (as long as mp is so bare bones), maybe they will listen to you.
    Career and special event were, are and will be just an afterthought.
    Have fun

Maxx69 and Stevesixty7 like this.
  19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

:rolleyes:
    I can easily flip it and say "I've had a console/pc player telling me that the grip is the same, only to find he was quite mistaken all along"
    Like I said and showed you in the video it's not a mistake, it's the way it is... at least on my PC. So without derailing this thread all I ask is don't take down your video, I'll use it together with mine to report it.
    You seem to act like Mr. I know it all but it's also far from the truth.

Jebus likes this.
  20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

There's the difference between us I agree with most of what you say, but our racing community bought it for multiplayer, just presuming that it would have private lobbies, and hot lap challenges, no leader boards. So we are also back on p cars.

MBK72 likes this.