1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Shocked n disappointed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Zzcan, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Our head steward in our race community is an ex GT3 driver , who after playing Assetto Corsa with us for the first time was practically messing himself with delight .
    He said that the way the cars handle is as close to the real thing as he's ever experienced in a sim game .
    The way the car handles in corners , under braking / acceleration and the feeling of loosing grip is all apparently amazing in this game .
    I know it feels good but have never really driven a real life car to the limits , especially a car with down force .
    The game lacks in a lot of areas , but I'm sure this will be added in (it would be in the best interest of devs to do so )

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

thats pretty cool. we had a guy recently who made a comparison with AC and his experience in trofeo abarth... he seemed quite happy with AC's Abarth

I made this comparison with a mod Ginetta and Thruxton in AC and even with player made content lap times were close to real life

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    LeDude83 and Maxx69 like this.
  3. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

So what you're saying is that the guys who find the handling physics unreal should maybe get a pass to a track day event and see how real cars drive when pushed to the limit......and then criticize the AC physics ?

Andy-R and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  4. I felt strangely comfortable during my first trackday. Pretty impressed actually. But as it's said before, real life is too arcade..

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

heheh I dont claim to know anything about physics. I chose my sim based on a mixture of things...

I like rf2's FFB feel but the graphics are poor and MP is dead. iRacing has the best sounds and great MP but subscription needed. AMS I pick up every now and then for some SP racing. AC has good graphics, lots of car choice, a large playerbase online with a mod called Minorating which, along with a great community, makes MP very enjoyable. I visit these forums as this is my game of choice and my community is based here. not sure why those physics experts that know AC has 0 simulation value keep hanging around here though :D

Ace Pumpkin and Maxx69 like this.
  6. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Unfortunately on console we only have pcars as a comparison and although a very good game for multi-player and setup it's really nowhere near the physics of this game .
    Also you PC boys have a far more polished version of AC . Here on console we are lacking some pretty basic stuff , hence all the upset gamers .
    Sure we will get sorted in time

Haters gonna hate :D

Lancaster, JMR1985 and Andy-R like this.
  7. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

My local track is Brands hatch and Ive done a good few track days in my time

That said im not saying the physics are poor far from it but I do feel the tyre model needs looking at on certain cars , there is very little to no grip slip grip or speed scrubbing felt its more reminiscent to aqua plan IRL its simply not that way .

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

FTFY ;)

9. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Like I said I've not really had the experience of driving to the limit ....unless you can call spinning my old scirocco across Bodmin roundabout at 80mph :D
    I'm just going by the man I know with the most race experience .
    No race sim is going to be identical to real life for many reasons and if you want a true race experience , that's only going to be sat in a car on track .

JMR1985 and Bibbles like this.
  10. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Agree.

Maxx69 likes this.
  11. If you mean slick tyres I can partly agree with you. But on the other hand I haven't driven real life car on slick tyres nor can't be sure if the FFB is playing tricks on my mind but that is something I can't feel 100% comfortable with.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ups, man wird alt und tüddelig...:)

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

How do we know what the tyres are doing in this game, there's no info available.
    I don't like to steel other people's one liners but someone suggested last night while racing on p cars, "Assetto corsa isn't a 2 disk game is it, and everyone's only loaded disk 1" lol

14. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah, sadly on the console you don't have many choices. While for me as a fan of good singleplayer racinggames its not much better. Thats probably one of the first things to be cut besides the presentation if a studio is (rather) small.

Many PC sims are not that demanding, so even with an older machine you can play some of them. Raceroom, RFactor2, Automobilista could be worth a try. Maybe PCars for those who didn't tried it yet.
    But especially older sims like GTR2, Race07 (+AddOns) are kinda outdated, but they delivered a more complete package and a solid singleplayer, are even less demanding and cost just a couple of bugs.
    I kinda wait for a modern Race07, with better physics and graphics, no matter if its from Kunos, Slightly Mad or Codemasters. I don't care.

If you are used to something good it can be kinda hard if isn't included in a game of the same kind. No matter if its physics, features, AI, career ...:(

15. Unfortunately I only have an answer this lounge doesn't want to hear. Even on the PC you need to enable dev apps or to use some 3rd party addons.

16. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

That's something the should have thought about before bringing it to console

MBK72 likes this.
  17. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

Hopefully we get disk 2 soon
    But i'm not holding my breath

Brett Nagle and MBK72 like this.
  18. I definitely agree with you and can feel your pain. It seems like the console version is much more simplified than many of us expected.

Maxx69 and Andy-R like this.
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Simplified isn't the word I'd use, ripped of at launch is How I would describe it.

Time trial - no leaderboards

Multiplayer - no private lobbies can't change any settings.

Sim side of game - no telemetry

Frame rate - not consistent

A1 - not as good as expected

MBK72 likes this.
  20. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

You forgot to mention no brake pressure adjustment on race spec machines

MBK72 likes this.