1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Shocked n disappointed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Zzcan, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I smell some butthurt but I still reply to you with some quote from "Before posting"-thread:

" It can be done by going to your name @ the top right of the forum > hovering over your name > and then clicking "signature" from the "Drop down list".
    This will take you to a new window where you can add your details.
    Template eg.
    PC Specs: PSU Ram Mobo GFX etc.
    AC Specs: your ingame settings and controller/s used.

This will help the dev's/admin and other members here in the forum help you much more quickly. "

Dookie, LeDude83, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  2. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Well you would need to loosen the master cylinder bolts and the brake hoses that go to it and remove it, then you would fit a different sized cylinder retighten the bolts and bleed the system to achieve more less pedal pressure.. Don't know what you mean by "play" with the master cylinder but in any car changing the cylinder is not rocket science. Now with newer abs equipped race cars you can change a lot of it through the abs software as the abs unit can control the max/min pressure.
    Either way adjustable brake pressure is a must..

3. I only meant if the regulations allow you to do that. What I've spoken to my friend who are part of the team operating quite high tech race car (used for rallying, thou), and they don't do that. I have to ask him what's the reason for it.

4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Really? In a console thread called Shocked and Disappointed where you bring the objective perspective of what exactly? Let me list a few quality pc only user contributions to the console lounge:

- jumping all over console users who questioned the difficulty of events before any single one of you stopped to check the facts. (Kudos to those who have since apologised). When the facts were checked there were still pc only gamers complaining and making excuses for the poorly developed game.

- Replying to specific console issues with how things work on the pc.

- eSEA quoting the size of his enormous gearbox, in some phallic mines better than yours post.

- V8 getting himself embroiled in a data driven discussion about Special Event lap times stating the console version had more grip than the pc version and that 2 seconds a lap faster medal times were a design choice by the devs. What was the actual truth? V8 had been playing in his configuration files and lowered the grip on his pc copy, no bug at all. The PC version and console version have exactly the same grip in special events.

- Responses to specific missing elements of the game advertised by AC/505 with inane comments.

I only wish the console users could add similarly unrelated and out of context comments to the locked Steam area.

We will never see eye to eye, to me you are the very parody of a pc elitist. You said you were ignoring me, what a shame you didn't mean it. Without question this is the worst pc community I have experienced in gaming. Defending the indefensible like your lives depend on it.

Remember if you drive us from this forum where we can make reasoned bug reports to the devs, we can just publish them on other open forums and make more people aware of the issues. The issues are real, the game isn't even close to acceptable on console.

Tenno and Zzcan like this.
  5. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Well its going to depend on the regs of the particular event your participating in but adjusting brake pressure is a pretty fundamental part of setting up a braking system..
    And even if the regs don't allow it the system will have been set up correctly when the car was converted into a racecar..
    As in the brakes won't lock up with 1/3 press of the pedal.

Having said all this I would like to say I'm quite happy with assetto and am thoroughly enjoying it.. I can live with the brakes as they are my pedal is already set up for 60kg press so I can easily keep from lock ups!!

6. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

No, proportioning valves/braking force regulators or brake pressure regulating valves can and are used to adjust the pressure supplied by the servo or iñ some cases servos .

Brake pads have nothing to do with pressure not sure where you got that from ?

All pro and most amateur machines are equipped with conventional proportioning valves some much more advanced than others being feed information by the ECU .

To be honest this is pretty standard stuff on the race scene.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Tenno, MBK72 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  7. Really? These almost 3 years this has been the best community I've ever been involved. People are willing to help anyone who know how to behave. You can critisize anything as long as you do it in a constructive manner. I know that because I have been very disappointed with a few design choices Kunos have chosen and stated that very clearly but as long as you keep even a small respect towards the devs and the rest of the community you're perfectly fine to disagree.

I see there are a few members on the community who try to turn sh*t into diamond but other than that this community has been very good. I mean in an adult way.

Ps. I'm disappointed to see so much simplified console version which also has performance issues on both platforms. I hope Kunos can sort it out quickly so you guys can enjoy it as much as we do.

Bibbles likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

You say this is the best community for help over the last 3 years, that's good to know, and I'll have somewhere to go to to ask for help. Problem is the game is so unfinished on console, how are you going to help with that. Main problem gain frame rate slows down with just one car on screen under breaking. No private lobbies, multiplayer is awful. Setups don't save. No telemetry on screen. Tracks missing from advertised game. It's all good and well the PC players coming in to help but unless you have the console version of the game how do you know what state this game is in. I've read in other threads PC players saying they feel sorry for the console players because the game is nowhere near as good and there's loads of things missing. I'm not trying to cause some console/PC war and I want this game to succeed but what we have purchased is not good enough.

Tenno, TheGT500, MBK72 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Got to be honest Ive had zero issues with either frame rate or screen tear ( ps4 ) Im impressed with the physics although I don't believe them to be as sim as some feel due to tyre modeling but on the whole physics and sound are imho the best on console.

Bugs like AI pitting and fluctuations in difficulties I'm sure will be addressed, my hope and uncertainty is game features the game as it stands is so bare bones Im unsure how the development team is going to improve upon this there is just so much missing from what you would expect from a sim - motorsport game .

As for forum pc and console wars simple answer is don't get involved be polite to those who show respect and some form of knowledge ignore those that don't.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Tomcul likes this.
  10. Posting your PC specs and Game specs in your signature is requested by the devs in the PC forums; kinda weird that your post was 'liked' by a pc user that should already know this.

11. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, it's requested, you don't have to, but come on we know many of you like too.

Tenno and Brett Nagle like this.
  12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Bibbles I'm on xbone.

13. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

All this talk about adjusting brake pressure got me thinking !
    Wouldn't the solution be to have pedal calibration where we can calibrate the maximum throw of the accelerator, brake and clutch and also the saturation. If the saturation point could go past the 100% of pedal travel, say to 105% or more, locking up in a non ABS car would be more difficult ?
    Same can be said about the clutch calibration, many a time I've missed a gear change because I've not fully depressed the pedal both on up shifts and down which cost time and control.
    In fact, a full calibration suite for pedals, and especially the wheel should be implemented as soon as possible.

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And this is the exact reason why Stefano doesn't want to implement brake pressure. It can and will be abused by cheaters. Not my word, but his. He talked about it in one of his live streams.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

I don't condemn all the pic lot But this is the ac forum and after 10 days of one of the most pitiful releases in years a game that makes ride seem like a masterpiece and 100s of complaints. I don't think I've seen one bit of help and nothing from the makers at all.
    It's not good and for some of these pc brown nosed ball polishers to come on here gloating and telling people the game was great was pretty sickening I hope their shiny PCs get stuck in safe mode.
    My latest love in this game are the red arrows darting about the screen that you can't turn off. Can't see Lewis Hamilton putting up with that.

MBK72 and Tenno like this.
  16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

I honestly would have rather had another delay of release than have the game launch in the condition it is in. "The console version will not be dumbed down from the PC version" was possibly the biggest emphasis I saw reported on AC before it released on console. The physics may not have been dumbed down, but almost every other aspect of the game has been, which is extremely disappointing to me. Hopefully Kunos fixes this mistake in the coming months, but as you said its current condition is unacceptable for a finished product.

MBK72 and TheGT500 like this.
  17. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Um quick race and race weekends are extremely disappointing on console right now. The difficulty and car grid settings are reduced to horrible toggle sliders that have very little in terms of customization. You have 4 difficulty levels with the easiest being much faster than most beginner races, and you have the poor option of single make or same class for your grids. If you want a GT3 race you will have to deal with GT2 cars in your field as well as the Praga and some other none GT cars.

The game on console in its current state is disappointing and frustrating and in my hours of playing I have found more frustration than pleasure. The FFB and physics feel good, but the screen tearing, FPS, removal of options and settings, make this game a huge tease.

MBK72 and Tenno like this.
  18. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

How can brake pressures be abused by cheaters ? It won't allow cars to 'stop on a dime' so you can brake later ! If it's implemented correctly, in conjunction with a decent calibration suite we can tailor the lock point for whatever pedal set is being used. I have the Thrustmaster T3PA pedals with the rubber cone installed, I can, and have set them up in pCARS to lock different cars (depending on their specific braking system used) so when I brake and touch the cone I get around 60% pressure, if I then compress the cone around half way I get around 90% braking force. If I mash the brake pedal hard, I get full braking pressure and will lock up (if the car isn't ABS equipped).
    With the different wheel / pedal combos being used on both console platforms even a basic calibration system will allow the individual to set their rig up to their preference and the pedals capabilities.
    Don't forget, just because some of us are lowly console gamers, some of us do actually take this seriously!

Brett Nagle, MBK72 and Tenno like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That remark was unnecessary.

And as you said, you could adjust the brake pedal in a way that it does not lock up under heavy braking in non abs cars. That is a hugh invitation for abuse. Or do you believe the lead developer is wrong with this assumption?

20. Theobris

Theobris Racer

The game on the PC isnt that great either believe me, maybe if you've spent 10,000 hrs on it like some people here, otherwise it can be a real pain trying to get all the settings right and then an update comes along and wrecks it. If you get a little bit hot under the collar you get torn apart by the usual elite crowd who know everything.
    When I first complained about a car, the KTM Xbow, I was told to practice, practice,practice, so I did, never made any difference, the car would slide all over the place going around a slight bend at 60 to 90kph, a bend that other cars could handle at 160kph plus.
    I sort of gave up on it, 6 months later, update 1.75 comes along and the car is completely transformed and I won a race against 8 other AI. What annoys me the most I was attacked and humiliated for ages over something that was actually a fault in the game.
    Now another update has come along and things are completely wrecked again, I'm like you guys I'm not even game to complain.
    I was actually going to go out and buy the new Xbox One S and this game on console because Im sick of all the problems on PC, but after listening to you guys that wont be happening, and thanks for saying it like it is you've saved me a few more dollars.
    I'll say this once more, when everything is running right this is an awesome game, when its not it really wears you down.

MBK72, Johnnyjoejones and Zzcan like this.