1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Solution(s) for better MP (console version)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Sep 26, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Ok, what's your solution or suggestions on how to improve MP racing?!

- Private lobbies
    This is definitely a must to add but bring negative parts as well, that means that creator of the lobbie can kick everyone out of the lobby even tho you're a clean driver (?!), happened in pCars trillion times.

- Give full control of it
    Creator of the Lobby should have full control of the lobby and players, kicked player can't join the same lobby again.

- Ghositng car(s)
    Someone who's driving in a opposite direction that car should be a ghost and after a 5/10sec warning immediate DQ and deported into the PIT!!

- Better penalty system
    Cutting corners, ramming other, crashing into others should be implemented. When someone cuts corner hard 10/15sec cool down with ghosted car so he can't ram others, for ramming and crashing into others there should be some system that will recognize if you that with purpose or not. When with purpose 5/10sec cool down with ghosted car, when ramming then warning should appear if next time he ran or force another out of the track he'll get cool down and ghosted car for example. By repeating two/three time instant DQ!!

This is for now a few suggestion so if you've something to add please give solid suggestions to improve the game

INPORTANT INFO;
    PLEASE DONT SPAM THE THREAD WITH STUPID CONVERSTION AND CHILDISH FIGHTS.

Happy suggesting

Mikestar likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is the PS5 version better? Jun 20, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC in VR, better Win10 or Win11? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions AC was better Acc Apr 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC Tools For those who want better FFB! Sep 25, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Which is better? T-LCM and Simgear loadcell kit Dec 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have Series X , now is better ACC ? Nov 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Better frame rate since GT4 pack loaded? Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Which is better, dedicated button box or multi-func. wheel hub? Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer if xbox gets pages and pages of official servers why can't pc use more for better organised racing? Aug 9, 2020

3. Tuscani08

Tuscani08 Rookie

Able to change car and track within the lobby so annoying to have to start a new lobby.

TitzonToast, bradleyland and iwanchek like this.
  4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Yeah but this won't improve MP's flaws and missing important features! But it's a good one for sure.

Pedal to the metal

5. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

In the mean time until we get private lobbies having a track rotation would be nice. I think if we had track rotations you could then also add more variety of cars, and race lengths since we wouldn't require so many one off lobbies for just one specific car group at one track.

As for improvements for the actual racing I think there should be a three strike kind of system, if you cut three times you either get a harsher penalty like 30sec slowdown, or DQ. I'd say this for contact too, but id assume it's difficult for the game to understand who initiated the contact and wether it was just some bumping which happens or if it was deliberate.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  6. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

I feel that this would potentially dilute the Sim feel? If someone goes off track in front of me I like to be the one who decides the best avoiding action. Its part and parcel of racing, people have accidents. In my mind its a skill to be able to predict best how to avoid said accidents, charging full speed through a ghost is no fun.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think its impossible for a game to tell whos fault a crash or bump was.

8. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

As I said it would be difficult, the problem wouldn't really be with how severe the contact was, I'm sure that is pretty easy to quantify. It just couldn't understand who if anyone was in the wrong.

The iRacing points system of sorts could work I guess, but that would penalize both drivers regardless of the situation.

9. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

The choice of different cars and circuits within multiplayer, for e.g, the lotus 98t at spa, or the sauber c9 Mercedes at monza. The multiplayer has been locked to specific cars and tracks, more variety and addition would be nice.

ShneebnaMRR108 and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  10. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

This is a must for many

Rocket77 likes this.
  11. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Agree on that. But crashing and get crashed are two different things right? So I supposed to know we needs a clever crash system or something like that

Pedal to the metal

12. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

You can keep repeating the same things in however many posts you want - there is only one thing required - Private/Public lobbies with host kick - solves all the issues of who's in your lobby - there hasn't been one game that satisfactorily deals with cutters, rammers and noobs. Kick 'em and carry on- simples!

13. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Private lobbies dosent solve everything,,what if your freinds decide to be a s sholes aswell? ;) (then you are racing with the wrong freinds:D) if this happens i will shot myself, lol

14. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Most of the above ....or for now join our clean racing community

http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin.com/forum

My PSN Maxx69

We race on PlayStation and have regular championship races and events on pcars and are looking to fill lobbies on Assetto with respectful guys .
    Friendly bunch of English speaking guys from all over the world , all with us for the same reason....clean racing

the-D- and EMW SMILER like this.
  15. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

What do you mean - decide?
    fnar fnar

16. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

One thing I will say, a guy takes me out, I don't get angry, how can I be, when at the next turn he's on his roof. Tell you what, it's damn hard trying to race when you're laughing! ; )

17. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

the biggest problem with you proposal is there is NO racing game in existence where the system can tell if a crash was was done on purpose or from incidental contact. now there are some cases where that is easy to tell like someone driving backward or sitting on the side of the track and as soon as you get close he takes off to ram you. but then there are other where its a poor judgment call from the driver such as entering a corner too fast or trying to take a corner 3 wide when the corner is too tight and narrow for that. and causes a wreck. now in racing there will be some bumping and wrecking it happens in real life no race is 100% cleen that some think it should be. As for penalties well no racing game to date has ever gotten those correct either. hell in pcars as well as this game I have et to see the AI penalized with the slow down penalty for corner cutting. and lost track in games where I got did qualified when the AI or other players bumped me from behind and spun me out. also seen game wher the penalty system will give a penalty for corner cutting if you even touch a kerb.

Rocket77 likes this.
  18. Twotonetommy

Twotonetommy Rookie

Agreed. A must for me

Rocket77 likes this.
  19. Twotonetommy

Twotonetommy Rookie

I hear people being critical about Project Cars Multiplayer. As others have said, its impossible to be perfect but I must say PC have done a fantastic job. Private/Public lobbies in any race configuration using any car or cars. I can join in at any time up until the race starts and overall, I seldom get kicked (maybe I've been lucky). If AC can have what PC has for multiplayer configuration, I would be a very happy man.

ShneebnaMRR108 likes this.
  20. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

An illegal contact penalty system could be added into AC. A driver who hits you at a turn, which requires braking , clearly has no intention of stopping, a heavy time penalty for high speed, deliberate contact could work? It would be hard to bring a penalty system that detects illegal contact from someone side swiping, or deliberately pushing you off the track. Some want to race, some want to wreck. I guess were all going to have to use that vote to kick more often to keep the grid tidy.

21. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

More or less I agree but as I say what I see in pCars were dude kicks other for being bad in the game. It's not"implement private/custom lobbies"even tho this should be a standard for such games. No one sound in your attention were you'll kick dirty drivers out but what when you drive 15min Qualy, do ur setup, struggle for P1, and be4 the Race begins you'll get kicked out-why? You were 0.5sec faster then the rest! (pCars syndrome, happened trillion times to me on Monza for example!)

Pedal to the metal