1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic I stink in a wheel or happens to everybody?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Grijo, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Yesterday I bought my first wheel, a G29. I drove for about 5 hours and I can't do with a wheel what I do normally in DS4. I can barelly hold the car in the track. I was trying a combo that I saw in the "hotlap thread" - RUF RT 12 in Brands Hatch - and I was thinking "C'mon, I drive since 15 years old and I can't hold a car in a game? I do better with a gamepad?". Is that thing normal? Happens to everybody in their fist time? I'm almost regretted because I spent a considerable amount of money on this.

Snowman38 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Overwrite the Brake Torque on wheels Yesterday at 4:34 PM
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering Wheel skipping first 10% Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Faantec DD1 wheel oscillates through turns Nov 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Strange bheavior on Sterling wheel Jul 31, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Strange steer wheel behiavor Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley GT3 Animated steering wheel not moving Jun 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals v1.9 Game fps decrease at 0 fps when I turn on the steering wheel May 11, 2023
    ACC Physics [1.9] 4 wheel drifts have no FFB Apr 23, 2023

3. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Yes, it's pretty much to be expected. Take your time, and maybe choose an easier car lol

4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I guess it's normal coming from gamepad, i can't say cause i drove very briefly with the keyboard and then switched to the wheel soon after that, never looked back.

Just give it a few days and you'll soon realize it was one of the best investments you ever made :)

5. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Very normal. Give it 2 - 4 weeks. Just keep on driving long stints.
    I promise you that you won't regret it.

Try with the GT3's and use the SC and then wean you off from it once you get used to the wheel.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Grijo likes this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i dont know what settings you can adjust on console but make sure you have set the correct degrees of rotation for your wheel and have things like speed sensitivity turned off.

maybe try driving below your limit (the speed your used to driving at on pad) and slowly build up. give yourself some time to adjust to the FFB and what it is telling you.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

Drive the slower cars Lotus are fun and relatively simple to drive, or any GT3/4, and you will get more confident and feel like you are getting somewhere. Once you get the nuances of a wheel you can jump across cars without much of an issue. Porsche have a very excitable rearend and as such were known as Banker killers for a long time, when you started driving you did not jump into a Ferrari/Porsche, so use that mentality when jumping into a sim. You'll be fine as long as you have set the wheel up and give yourself time in a reasonably fast car on a track you are familiar with. Good luck and enjoy racing. :)

Grijo likes this.
  8. The first thing I think is "Is your wheel set up correctly?"

I'd recommend you share your logitech settings, and your in game settings.

Gunja and Grijo like this.
  9. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Thanks for the replies my fellow racers. I tryied some combos using the same options that I use in gamepad: no TC or SC, only ABS turned "on". The only one I felt confortable enough to try a race against AI was the R34 in Nords, maybe because it's an easy car to drive. And I don't know nothing about FFB adjust and other stuff. Yeah guys, I'm a noob, not in racing games, but in a wheel I'm tottaly lost

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Horus likes this.
  10. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I don't know nothing about that. I'm like Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder: "I take a car and drive, what's the difference?". In other words, I turned the wheel and PS4 "on", launched the game and pedal to the metal. I don't know how to set a wheel, all default here

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. Well, go see what the wheel settings are in settings, write them down and post them here. We can help you to adjust them if they need to be.

paul_wev and Grijo like this.
  12. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Thanks a lot my friend! I'm at work right now, I'll post that later. I appreciate your and any help.
    And people saying the PC guys are in consoles threads only to create disturbance, tsic tsic tsic.
    Thanks guys!

PS: Sorry about any mistakes in my english, not my first language.

paul_wev, Seria17hri11er and Andy-R like this.
  13. Orne

Orne Alien

Once you are certain your wheel is configured properly might I suggest you try a slightly easier car. I've been driving all my life, a few decades but that doesn't mean I can handle a 730HP supercar right out the gate. Perhaps start out with the Mustang GT, BMW M4 or the Mazda MX5 Cup. Then ease up to the 370Z Nismo and GTR Nismo, GT3, ,GT4 cars. Ruf RT12 has more horse power than most race cars. Let that sink in for a moment. :D

Ruf cars are absolute beasts. I can drive them moderately well at Brands Hatch although it wasnt the first car I started driving when I first installed Assetto Corsa
    6 months ago. Going from a gamepad to a wheel is a bit transition, give yourself time to adjust with a reasonable car and you'll be fine!

bradleyland, Grijo and Seria17hri11er like this.
  14. It's completely normal that you're much slower at first mate. I bought my first ever wheel, a G29 as well, a few months ago and I was terrible with it for the first week or so and then I started to get the hang of it. I've not looked back since, it is honestly a 10x better experience than with a controller.
    Just keep trying and make sure you have the wheel rotation set to 900' in the settings. Some good FFB settings can be found here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...el-force-feedback-settings-for-console.35760/ , to suit your preference or point you in the right direction for creating your own.
    Good luck;)

15. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

There's definitely a steep learning curve when starting out with a wheel, but keep at it. Before long you'll be flying.
    Try out some ffb settings that other users have posted, the default settings @ 100% ffb strength is too much. Drop it down to around 50% and see what it's like.
    Best of luck OP.

16. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I replaced my G27 with a G29 two weeks ago, and FFB is much weaker in the G29 with the same settings, at 50% he could almost feel nothing... I'm using it at 107%

I don't think the problem to be in the FFB but in the 900 degrees, if he never used a (gaming) steering wheel. He just has to get used to it.
    I'd suggest starting with something like the 500 Abarth

17. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Thanks for all replies my friends. Some racers gave me tips and others direct me to a FFB thread. But all of you helped me answering my main question: Is it normal to feel strange in my first time with a wheel? I think all of you said "Yes, it's normal. All you have is to learn how to set your wheel properly and learn how to drive because it's a big change". I think I got nervous about it lol. A big thanks to all of you, I'm feeling better already!

paul_wev, Dookie, Ace Pumpkin and 4 others like this.
  18. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

That's why I suggested he tried other people's settings, I've no experience using a Logitech wheel myself.
    Dropping the ffb to 50% for my wheel worked wonders for me, every wheel is different though.
    I didn't know the slider could even go over 100 tbh, I wouldn't dare try it myself!

Grijo likes this.
  19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I remember talking with Dori about going from pad to wheel, he said it took him about a month before his times were equal to his gamepad times. After that they just kept improving. I'd urge patience like most everyone else has said.

20. delarosa81

delarosa81 Simracer

Same for me. Took time to get used to it. Also been driving cars irl for some time, but it never involved pushing RUF´s to the limits ;) You´ll get there with the wheel.

21. MarcoAC

MarcoAC Rookie

I use the g29 and I can tell you once you get used to it, it feels amazing and the force feedback is so good. I started straight away though with g29. Drifting I thought was tricky at first but it's just another thing like real life you'll get better at and realise how good it actually is.
    The game's got some issues but the actual driving with a wheel is supreme so just keep trying and eventually you'll see .