1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I do have a link but I cant paste links on my tab for some reason, I'll see if I can screen shot on ps4. worth noting that bin the console launch trailer there was a shot of Fiorano and a ferrari in the garage and in the bottom right it read "all I game and DLC footage". You cant be using content to promote that isn't going to be in the game.

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

At 6:57 Marco talks about console update.. saying Porsche Pack 1 and 1.09 coming "hopefully next week". That was recorded in the Porcshe Event at Vallelunga, so PP1 should be soon for consoles. If you check the interview there is also other information, about supporting Playstation Pro. They are also working on private lobbies, custom championships etc..

Gustavo Braga likes this.
  3. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

MBK72 , I completely agree with what you say about the good side of criticism and how it's helpful when put in a proper manner. I've seen you criticise this game many times in this forum, but your criticisms have always been of the kind that adds up, that helps build up something that, I totally agree, needs improving.

On the other hand, the kinds of criticism Hooligan has been making all along this thread (at least this is how I figured it, which doesn't guarantee I'm right of course) sounded like provocation, the kind of comments one would make just to have a laugh without honestly trying to make a point. Crashing is an issue, of course, but the problem is the unnecessary note of sarcasm and childishness in the way he has been communicating issues, something I have never seen you do, for example.

Again, I could be wrong. I've never wanted to act as the Devil' s lawyer, but when I think there's no fairness in the way someone behaves towards something or someone who has their merits, even if imperfect, I feel compelled to put in a word in their deffense (note I'm too old to be a 'fanboy' - it's just a sense of fairness according to my view). This is the case with this game, in my opinion; something I enjoy and clearly has potential - in spite of failures people like you help to wipe out, constructively. I apologize if I was unfair towards Hooligan, although I sincerely have my doubts.

MBK72 likes this.
  4. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

To clarify my point, I have no issues with lively debates. I can't speak for the admins, but I see no harm in it.
    What I was addressing was the fact that PC players troll the console forums and sling barbs and insults when AC is criticized.
    I agree that complaints should be voiced in a way that does not incite others. However, the complainer is probably considerably frustrated by the time their fingers hit the keys.
    Attacking that person serves no constructive purpose. I feel that if you read about an issue, but cannot relate or assist, remain silent.
    "If you're not part if the solution, you may be part of the problem."
    This is not aimed at any individual. It is a reminder to us all. Let's not be part of the problem.

5. In all honesty i wouldn't bother purchasing Project CARS if you want a game that doesn't crash. You'll be flown up into the air or falling through the ground before you know it. That game even after a years worth of development still has major issues on PS4 and its getting no further updates. I'd personally stick to Assetto Corsa.

6. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

If he wants a good product TODAY, I´d suggest Project CARS every single time. The game has far more content, more features, is more stable, runs better, looks and sounds better.

Maxx69 likes this.
  7. Once again i would have to totally disagree, this is after all my opinion of Project CARS and the 700+ hours i have put into it on PS4. it has good features and a good combination of tracks which only 5 are laser scanned. The sounds are linear and sound exactly the same up close as they do driving past (to me that's not better)

When you compare 3 months of Assetto Corsa to the 3 months of Project CARS from release you'll soon say AC has been more stable. PCARS blue screened regularly with MP kicking you from lobby (happened for several months with the dev team banning members from the forums for highlighting it) The audio glitch when spectating MP lobbies and the lag when people join and leave a server. I found PCARS to be a good game and better than any racing game to be on console prior to Assetto, but now the bar has been raised. All PCARS has going for it currently is the Private lobbies and the night cycle and multi class races.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I would gladly take every single aspect except the driving itself from 3 months old Project CARS over 3 months old Assetto Corsa. This is a tech demo, PCARS was an unstable full game.

When the game becomes anything more than a tech demo, the bar will be raised. Right now Assetto Corsa doesn´t hold a candle to Project CARS, and I wouldn´t call Project CARS a good game exactly.

fedepino likes this.
  9. So even the penalty system giving you 1000 seconds slow down for coming out of the pits? even the graphics look over exaggerated and colours enhanced to give you a unrealistic impression. I'd happily take AC on release than PCARS for pure enjoyment of racing and being a stable game. Even the Photo mode on PCARS console isn't that great. You can stop a replay on AC and take a screen shot and its more detailed and crisp.

Can agree to disagree, PCARS was a good game and the Career is superior and i spent so much time doing 100% races in the WEC on there. It has more settings that truly only really take you away from the true feel of the car. Quality over quantity any day and AC delivers for me on that front. PCARS track grip only got better dependingn hat session you were in with the race always being fastest and not effected by cars going round the track itself. Also the whole track has the same amount of grip be it on the racing line or off.

10. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

That one was gone well before 3 months. And it was still better than having to be 10 seconds off the power because you´ve been hit by someone and you went marginally wide. PCARS problem wrecked races that required pitstops in certain tracks, AC problem wrecks any type of race. Plus thanks to the genius that left the option to spawn at the pits during a race, every race that requires to pit in AC is doomed too.

Over crazy FPS drops because someone put a wheel on dirt? Absolutely. This is a racing game. It needs to run well.

I hope you mean the enjoyment of driving, because if something holds back Assetto Corsa is that it does a horrible job at being a racing game.

Could not care less about photo mode, screenshots, or even career. In both games AI is so useless that even the best career mode ever would be pointless.

Maxx69 likes this.
  11. Steven Watson

Steven Watson Rookie

Agree with you 100%.

ANATOMY OF A PC TROLL.
    Example: John complains that all AC cars are loose.

PC response:
    Intro - Defend Kunos
    Kunos is a small dedicated team that......... Blah blah blah.
    Translation- It not okay for you to complain John.

Body- Insult Kunos
    I do however agree with you that Kunos should not have released this game in such a unplayable state.......
    Blah blah blah.
    Translation- It's okay for me to complain.

Closing-insult the poor console guy.
    John - most console guys just can't understand a high fidelity racer like AC. It could take years of practice before you get it. It's not the game John - It's you.

Instant PC elitist.

12. The essence of the game is full simulation so its based around the driving which it does

I have never experienced and drop in frames from *dropping a wheel on the grass* or ever dropping frames that I could notice it when driving at least.
    Talking about penalties on PCARS you get 5 seconds enforced straight away on the racing line for dipping 1 wheel on the grass which can cause multiple crashes. That includes being forced off track and being given a enforced slow down, with AC this gives you the time and place to take the 10 second off the throttle and off the racing line. Use your head wisely and you can take this half way down a straight off the racing line before a braking zone and not losing much time.

You can teleport back to pits on Project CARS also. with the update coming to bring the console up to spec with the PC you'll get a time penalty if you spawn back into the pits.

Horrible job of being a racing game? I've experienced some of the closest racing and fun racing on this game, but then again thats racing against people i know. I think that does a good job of being a racing game, racing your friends wheel to wheel and not having manipulated wheel settings.

13. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

Since 17.11 .. a week

I have no reason to provocate anything .. just been sharing what I have experienced during one week of playing the game, and honestly, I did not even play that much nor reported nearly all the problems I found. I would have loved to give a more informative comment why the game crashed but couldn't. It was just an ordinary Ferrari race at Silverstone on T4 challenge and I was waiting in the pits while AI drivers finished the game. The game just crashed around when the last poor soul crossed the finish line.

The responses to small amout of problems I have addressed here would frustrate and drive anyone sarcastic.. point a problem and you've been told its a feature not a glitch/bug, your PS4 is faulty, that I have edited a video to make look AC bad.. hell, I was even accused of not being a smoker. I have played games for about 35 years now.. since I got the lovely Spectrum 48k and seen pretty darn badly written games in my life. AC, however on a console (own PS4 70 games and PS3 a few hundred games) AC is at least on top 10 list of games which went for gold too soon.

QUOTE="davidjohngibbons, post: 793592, member: 149210"]In all honesty i wouldn't bother purchasing Project CARS if you want a game that doesn't crash. You'll be flown up into the air or falling through the ground before you know it. That game even after a years worth of development still has major issues on PS4 and its getting no further updates. I'd personally stick to Assetto Corsa.[/QUOTE]

Too late ;) Did some karting yesterday and wasn't overly impressed but on the other hand I hated karting in Turismo as well so no surprises there... I am quite sure it gets better when I reach proper cars.

Sorry for all the hassle, enjoy your game

- Hool

Larryf1951 likes this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

15. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Sorry, I have to disagree on this point.
    To me the essence of a full simulation would be more than just FFB physics. A true simulation would have basic stuff like telemetry for tyre temperature and wear / graining, brake temperature, coolant / oil temps etc.
    There isn't (yet) leaderboards or even live leading / trailing lap times so you can see if you're gaining or losing time in certain sectors, you need to complete a full lap to see your gaps.
    As it stands presently, AC is a glorified showcase for the force feedback / physics engine. There's just too many omissions to call it a 'true' simulation. I hope this new patch goes some way to address these shortcomings, I do like the game, just not 'loving' it.

MBK72 and ppbucko like this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It wasnt that long ago until pc got tyre telemetry so maybe you get it in this patch, or next. Brake temperature is simulated on some cars, im not sure if they are on console yet but otherwise, hopefully it comes with this or the next patch too.

17. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

All good points Larry, I'm right with you on all of this and have made similar points many times. Luckily it seems to have gone quiet on the pc advice front so lets hope it stays that way.

I think the message finally sank in that these are 2 very different versions of the same software.

Larryf1951 likes this.

18. This to me is where people have gotten the wrong idea of what the game is. It is all about the pure driving, shoujld be able to tell whats happening by feel which it does better than any Racing title before it on console. Its back to basics. Don't need leaderboard's for that. I agree telemetry is needed and from what i have seen we will have live telemetry apps coming to the console versions. True Simulation is down to the realism of the cars and the physics not the features surrounding the non driving aspects IMO

19. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Well, there is a dedicated game mode for hot lapping in the game after all and currently the lack of leaderboards or even ability to save your own best laptimes make it pretty much useless. It's basically the same as practice mode but with the ghost car..

As many have stated before the leaderboards are a very basic feature that a racing game really should have.

Birdorf likes this.
  20. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I'm sorry davidjohngibbons, we'll have to agree to disagree on our views of what a sim is. As it stands now, AC is basically Test Drive Unlimited where you pick a car, track and just drive. There's no sense of competition, or goals to achieve or betterment.
    If a game is billed as a racing simulation, I expect it to at least try to follow the basics principles of what happens real Motorsport, not just have a nice feel to the driving !

The Hooligan, MBK72, Dyr_gl and 2 others like this.