1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

In the box it says "your racing simulator". There´s no racing on it right now. AI sucks and the game is hellbent on making it hard to race other people in a reasonable environment.

It happens when someone ahead of you does it and the game has to do the huge effort of rendering some dust. Spare me the "never happened to me part", I´m getting flashbacks of the Project CARS forums :D

In Project CARS you get slapped if you make a mockery of the track. Go wide at Blanchimont, keep the throttle down, get a penalty. Go wide at Blanchimont, lift on the run off, no penalty. And of course, if you end up flying sideways towards a barrier because you messed up, no penalty.

Assetto Corsa penalizes you even if the AI send you flying into a run off area. The only way I could "use my head wisely" to avoid this is not playing the game.

None of the games have got this entirely right, that´s for sure, but Assetto Corsa track limits police is far, far, FAR more stupid. No contest. I rarely felt I was punished without doing something I knew shoudn´t stick in PCARS, in AC you get that daily. Lead from pole, usual crashkid sends you to orbit in T1, penalty for track limits. BRAVO.

No you can´t do that in a race mate. Are you sure you have even played the game? Also disappointed to hear that even if the current PC version of AC they haven´t been smart enough to grey it out entirely. That solution is dumb like hell.

I´ve got better races out of Formula 1 16 public lobbies. That says enough.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    The Hooligan, MBK72 and TheGT500 like this.

2. During sessions you can teleport back to the pits and in the race you can but thats to retire obviously, but thats teleporting just like you highlighted.
    I can play the *never happened to me card* because it hasn't happened to me in the game and I've been racing online non stop. You get people crashing in T1 in all games. The AI does need work but i don't race the AI, i race against my friends online and its absolutely fine. Just finish the race and the crashes normally leave.

The penalty system in PCARS has the same limits as Assetto Corsa if you lift off or not. What about the track limits at Le Mans for going over the white line INSIDE the kerb with 1/2 wheels down the mulsanne and get a penalty?

You must be running 5m wide at Blanchimont to gain a penalty, Can run on the Kerb without gaining a penalty easily.
    The Penalty system on PCARS is the worst i have come across, forcing the car to slow down, if you're in close racing that will cause a crash, for example Watkins glen fast chicane as a prime one for running two wheels over white line.

Pleite likes this.
  3. Can agree to disagree, but i'd highly recommened Forza if you don't appreciate Physics

4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

If your using a Ffb wheel forza is hopeless, it's like braking on ice on every corner. If your using a wheel there's only p cars and a/c that do it justice.

MBK72 likes this.
  5. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

you mean physics like this?

we dont appreciate such fysics.

Larryf1951 and MBK72 like this.
  6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's not physics that's track limits and there isn't any online lol

MBK72 likes this.
  7. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

That thing should have caught air like a 747.

You should consider a re-read to the whole sequence of comments. Actually reading post 270 should be enough. You don´t even know what you´re arguing against at this point.

No sell :rolleyes:

"Online is absolutely fine"... read yourself mate, please. Could you write that with a straight face?

It´s not. I would settle for AC matching what PCARS does there, and it´s not any good, mind you. But at least there you can avoid penalties by yielding the gained time before coming back in PCARS, take the Blanchimont example I mentioned (seriously, take a double read if you need it, that was about PCARS). In AC you put you car in a given piece of circuit, and you´re screwed even if you have been pushed there and lost many positions. Example at 10:05.

Project CARS doesn´t do that. And I´m not praising it, all I say is that it isn´t so utterly stupid in regards to track limits.

ppbucko, svenvangent and MBK72 like this.
  8. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I do appreciate the physics, where have I said the FFB in AC is lacking ?
    For me, the feel of each car is great, the best I've felt on console. I can't comment on Forza's FFB and physics as I'm resolutely PS4 so your attempt at belittling me has fallen flat I'm afraid.
    I don't know how I make it any clearer that a SIMULATION needs more than just a good FFB physics to be great. To me, and many others it seems, a sim needs to follow as closely as possible the experience you'd get if you were racing for real.
    I've said it before, I really do like AC for the care and attention that's been ploughed into it for the handling side of things to make a great showcase for driving, but it seems everything else has taken a back seat to make it a great simulation !

TitzonToast and MBK72 like this.
  9. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I think you'll find most people in this thread positive about the driving feel and feedback or physics if you like. I notice you selectively miss the multiple proven points about the lack of track limits and then suggest Forza as an alternative. If you've played Forza you'd notice a significant problem in your thinking.

As for the idea that you suggest AC was marketed as a 'back to basics' game you might want to look at the actual marketing materials (capitals all courtesy of the marketing team)

GROUND-BREAKING RACING SIMULATION, ASSETTO CORSA, TO HOME CONSOLES. DESERVEDLY POSITIONED AS “YOUR RACING SIMULATOR,” ASSETTO CORSA UPS THE SIMULATION STAKES WITH A FANATICAL FOCUS ON PURE DRIVING REALISM, WITH LASER-FOCUSED ACCURACY ACROSS EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME

Ground-breaking? Hmmm...I see no feature that fits that description in AC, everything here has been done before.

Your racing simulator....no track limits, suicidal AI, lack of any online racing customisation (I note you are content with the way multiplayer works, you are one of very few by the numbers playing reach night).

Pure driving realism - yes in terms of handling though framerate issues remain on console. No in many other aspects such as:

Laser focused accuracy - we just need to ignore the lack of track limits, strange car setups, lack of ability to save setups, no recorded lap times, cars assigned to the wrong classes, mismatch of tyre and track temperatures, no telemetry, user assigned tuning being ignored or reverted to standard. I could go on but I learned long ago there is no point people who want to see only their own view will do just that.

No matter how much you enjoy AC there is no need or benefit in denying some basic flaws in the game. In the right light, from a certain angle AC on console looks good, in the cold light of day measured against the competition the flaws are there all to see. Lets hope the promised improvements happen SOON.

10. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

THANK YOU MBK .. excellent post. The best in this thread.

11. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I think even someone who is fond of the game (in spite of its obvious shortcomings) would have a hard time arguing against what he says here, because the points he makes are exposed in a controlled, logical and respectful way, showing he is a well meaning person voicing reasonable discontent.

His post doesn't aim at destroying; it helps to build and is very welcome, imo.

12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

False.

13. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Ok everybody. This went completely sideways.
    We have the answer, next tuesday.
    Let's wait, then see what they accomplished.

SlimCharles, Exup, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  14. Rob H-D

Rob H-D Rookie

What is really irking me at this point is that Kunos where more than happy to offer the Porsche dlc for sale for the consoles AND take our money in advance... And i mean well in advance as things have panned out!

To date (as far as i am aware) they have delivered jack **** of this to us console owners, or offer any form of apology or explanation as to why THEY have failed to deliver this paid for product to consumers...

Tryng to say oh ts Microsoft/ Sony's fault s simply piss poor! The vendor/ supplier is Kunos therefore any contractual arrangement is with them and a third party involvement is NOT as the customer our concern!

As for the game, i play solo off line and it functions ok in this mde...

Still i have more than learned my lesson with them... You want me to buy future dlc... Dream on eh!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Larryf1951 likes this.
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If they didnt offer people to buy the porsche packs before its actually released people would have complained about that instead. Why do they owe you an apology? They said November. If its not released within November its time to ask for an apology. And they didnt take peoples money, people choosed to pre-order DLC's. Its always someone else fault these days.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  16. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Hey Rob, your annoyance is understandable, but the Porsche dlc was sold in advance as part of a season pass, which normally are made available well in advance in other games too, as it has always been the case with Turn 10's Forza series, for example. In this case, specifically, Kunos is not at fault, I think.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. In what way does this show Physics? This shows a deluded fool cutting a track whilst using all assists on a car that on factory settings runs nothing and with the added chase camera.

Tomcul, GhostMan, pippo10 and 3 others like this.
  18. Rob H-D

Rob H-D Rookie

I think if you think back to hw the dlc was presented on the sales interface in the game it was not in fact made clear that all advertised pack dlc was not available at point of purchase... In the uk at least this presented a clear breach of consumer rights... No statements coming at some unspecfied possible future date etc... It was misrepresented!

Yes, i have purchased pack dlc in the past with no issues on future pack content... But at point of sale it was unclear this material was not dwnloadable!

19. The reference to Forza is not for corner cutting or track limits.

I can agree with what you have stated but i can safely say everyone has a different experience with this game. I can only comment on what i have experience in the past few months i have had with this title and what i have streamed since on Twitch.

The AI i learnt not to race against and mainly stuck to racing online. If you have a community to race with then there is no issue with the online.
    The Track limit side, if you are looking to take a corner at full speed to exploit grass then I would say this game wasn't really for them.
    That is a huge flaw and i choose to agree where ti most commonly used at Monza. For those who abide by the track limits and use how the track is used in reality, then when you dip too much over the white line or Kerb you will get a penalty which can be taken at any time before you cross the line at the end of the lap.

I was taking my experience of the Track limits from Project CARS and the Track Limits from Assetto on the way I drive the tracks when referring to this matter in response to another forum users.

You say strange setups, what game would you class as correct setups?
    Saving setups? I myself have no issue saving setups in game, i often use same setups on multiple tracks and load different setups to test.

The back to basic's reference i mentioned is solely aimed at its about the pure driving on the most realistic settings of the game and use what the actual car has in real life.

I have shared my experiences of the game with other users in this thread that have been dismissed, why would i feel the need to lie about that said experience.
    If you want to watch the experience I have then feel free to watch my past broadcasts to those said users.

There are many features which are missing but i believe those said features do not take away from a simulation feeling. Leaderboards are a nice addition, for this you can use RSR live timing which is used by the PC Users. there are many communities which have hotlapping events. If you have that community then this game is extremely enjoyable. Which i have. If you don't and you solely race against the AI then you'll most certainly have a headache.

MBK72 and Pleite like this.
  20. "Online is absolutely fine"... read yourself mate, please. Could you write that with a straight face?

One of many online races. I think i can say it with a straight face quite comfortably