1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 XBOX Patch is up for download

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pleite, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Now someone should just make good stable new pad-setups. Seems that earlier ones feel little twitchy now.

2. i tried the " reset to default " and is much better than the 1.03 now with the controller

3. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Still no dampened ingame steering wheel visual movement when using pad...

4. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I thought soft lock was the automatic DOR adjustment the game did to match each car's degree of rotation. Now, based on what you say, it sounds as something different. I googled for that but couldn't get anything to clear out my doubt. Can you please say what it does exactly, if it's nothing to do with auto DOR?

5. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I thought soft lock was the automatic DOR adjustment the game did to match each car's degree of rotation. Now, based on what you say, it sounds as something different. I googled for that but couldn't get anything to clear out my doubt. Can you please say what it does exactly, if it's nothing to do with auto DOR?

6. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

Well from what I was thinking cause I truly dont know for certain but sounds like it's would be short for software lock so that my 900 dor g920 would lock at 540 or whatever the car u use actually runs.
    As of what I nnow most standard road cars are 900 and f1 are much shorter like 540 or less
    But as I'm not 100% sure maybe one of the aliens may know

Pleite and kofotsjanne like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Soft lock locks the wheel from moving when you have reached the dor of the car you driving so @MakaveliA7X is correct. :) Really nice to hear that they use it on console. On PC you need to change it in a ini file so Im not sure about how many that actually know that it exist.

Pleite likes this.
  8. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Soft lock simply mimics the real life DOR of a car. So if you're driving a formula car with 360 of rotation, your g29 wheel or whatever, will have the same amount of rotation and it will be prevented from turning beyond the 360.

On the ps4 the dor is currently bugged, so a car that has, lets say 900 degrees of rotation, might have 360, which makes it very twitchy and impossible to drive properly.

Pleite likes this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Does soft lock make your wheel shake violently, if you try to turn it past the cars degrees of rotation? That's why it's hidden in .ini text file on PC. Wondered if console soft locks work better

10. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

On xbox .... if u drive a f1 with 360 rotation once u reach max rotation it just goes to like 500% gain cuz I can rotate more but it is very stiff

But no irregular vibration , I could barely pass the max dor anyways

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

No, I must admit that shaking, especially violent shaking, is not something that I've experienced. Once I get to the limit of rotation it just becomes difficult to turn the wheel beyond that limit.

MakaveliA7X likes this.
  12. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Yes, that pretty much what happens. I'm pretty sure that that's how it's meant to work.

MakaveliA7X likes this.
  13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Geez, one thing I'm actually jealous for consoles then. On PC the wheel shakes like it had a seizure. But yeah it's supposed to become stiff if you turn too far, it simulates real DOR of each car. Race cars often have smaller DOR than street cars.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. Davi2877

Davi2877 Gamer

Hi to all. softlock is even in use at dirt rally ps4. it makes at the dor from the car you drive the wheel harder to turn (maximum torque)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Odd. Have you tried different wheels?

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's not about the wheel, it's a known issue. Stefano has said himself that PC soft lock implementation is bad, that's why we have to enable it with text editor. Maybe they could now implement it the same way as on consoles

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im using softlock and to me it works pretty ok. I barely reach the lock on most cars though so that might be why I dont have issues with it. The implementation on console seems alot better, maybe we get it on pc too.

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Downloaded patch last night, had a couple of hours on it, cannot believe the improvement to game, on tx wheel just had to change that video setting from 400 to 900 dor. Runs much smoother, wheel feel is quality. I'd like to be able to look left and right though and I don't think the brake bias is working on wheel. Major improvement though all round. Hopefully the multiplayer will be working later.

19. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Yeah, ff-feel with CSW v2/CSL P1-rim felt better too. Did 50 or so laps in Nurb with different cars and at least alone
    seemed to run very well fps-wise. Didn't noticed anything special about steering degrees, but I guess automatic system
    did its job, 'cause all cars were driveable.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Can you try if its the same difference as FF_SKIP_STEPS=0 and FF_SKIP_STEPS=1 on PC? Maybe they have made that automatic on console depending on which wheel people use.