1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. my impresions is worse than before, with the new tyres, much less feel on the steering wheel on all the pp3 cars i tried. they all feel like in a constant slide, with no feel. It feels to me that v10 tyres are in terms of feel way behind the v7 tyres. after the first intoduction of v10 i thougth better wait till next patch so the tyres would be more mature, but, after this update for me it's even worse.
    On the other side i apreciate the 962c being slightly faster, it feels more like it should be although it is still slower than what i expect it to be

2. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

I like the way the 911R drives but the enginesounds at low and medium revs are a bit shaky or stuttering. Must be something wrong there. The higher revs sound oke. The handling is really good. I could make some nice controlled drifts (on my skill level ;))
    The new LMP1 is really fun to drive. The sound when breaking is great. The explosions in the exhaust could be a bit louder though.
    Saw some blue artifects appear and disappear in corners on Zandvoort. Didn't have that on the Nords. Maybe my PC couldn't keep up.
    Lowered the ffb a bit. Seemed more realistic. Maybe there is more detail now. Not sure. Was a bit tired so my senses were not at their best.
    Tried the new Turbo and the 917 K a few laps and they gave a good impression.
    Even though I didn't try to drive other cars yet, over all a good addition to the sim I think. Well done sirs. Thank you.:)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

This may be my favorite pack yet. The 911R is just... wow. I need one in real life. Don't get me started on the 917K; the sound, just everything about it. The Cup is a blast and I'm a GT3 fan too so the GT3 R is a winner to have.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. norbs

norbs Alien

There was a physics update????

Philippeapo and detoit like this.
  5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I tried the mp4-12c GT3, the P1 & LaFerrari. I can feel how a mid engine can turn easy on the limit, but going over it make it hard to drive. Race car feel more playful than a road car is a good sign.

6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Yes, the tyres have been updated.
    Read Aris' post in The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread.

To be on topic:
    PP3 is simply great. The feeling of each car is amazing. I don't know if it is the (new) tyres but Kunos once again did a really fantastic job.
    I really love the 911 GT3 Cup and the Turbo S. They've totally blown me over!
    The sound of all of them is simply great! Tremendous improvements over the last couple of months.
    Have to spend some additional time on PP3 this evening to go into further detail.

Fantastic job, Kunos! (Not to mention the custom championship! *drool*)

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

- New V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT3 cars
    - New V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT2 cars plus Glickenhaus P4/5C and Evora GX and GTC
    - Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Hypercars (LaFerrari, 599XX, FxxK, P1, Aventador SV, Huayra, Zonda R), more experimentation
    - Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Ford GT40
    - Corrected Porsche 917/30 inertia values
    - Corrected Porsche 917/30 ackermann and front bump steer suspension
    - Corrected aero downforce and drag values for Porsche 962 Short Tail
    - Corrected drag values for Porsche 962 Long Tail
    - Porsche 962C Long Tail now has passive wastegate pressure map that permits user controlled overboost as a % of a turbo boost map. 0-9 keys

And this:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-porsche-cup-tyre-pressure.41005/#post-809351

8. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

As a road car freak I spent almost all night with 911 r.Love it!Rear end was a bit slow and hard to catch (To me thats in most Porsches cant drift them like Ferraries)but after some adjustment car is epic cant get enough of it.After that Turbo S was so soft and heavy I decided to give it a try today haha.GT3 Cup is great but GT3 R is my new fav GT3 car what a machine.gotta try oldshool racecars today.Lovin the new tyres also.Great work Kunos!custom championship is great only thing missing to me is fuel adjustment so I can force AI to pitstop in short races.But raising fuel rate in ini is cure like before.

Seria17hri11er, ALB123 and LeDude83 like this.
  9. baboon

baboon Alien

I like the new GT tire and all the small new features and fixes. Custom-Championship-Creator is great too have too, I bet I'll need it someday when can't go online.

I've driven the GT3 Cup at Spa and the 911 R at the ring. Cup was great fun but the 911 R not so much. Imo the car needs a street tire, the HR feels too grippy and peaky. Improved internal sounds are still on my wishlist :)

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Isnt it weird that turbo s comes with semislicks and street tyres but 911r only comes with hypercar road?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    RedLoto and baboon like this.
  11. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

Did a couple laps on the Red Bull Ring GP in each of the new cars (except the new 2016 configuration of the 919 Hybrid). On all the cars (unless otherwise noted), I cranked the downforce to max and used the stock ABS/TC settings.
    • Porsche 908 LH: It's ugly and I was expecting it to be an unholy terror to drive, but man, this thing's actually not bad! Very drivable. Doesn't sound real great, though. I was quite pleased with the fact that I lost the backend once and actually managed to catch it. No spin and I stayed on the track! I'm going to go ahead and say that was the car more than me, but who knows? :)
    • Porsche 917 K: Unlike the 917/30, this one's another balanced, relatively pleasant to drive older race car. Definitely feels quicker than the 908.
    • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017: Lovely balance to this car. Very easy to drive. Sound is unpleasant, but I think that's mostly the transmission.
    • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016: A faster version of the Cup car with TC. I put the front downforce down one notch and the back two notches and it was still really easy to drive. Seems like it'll be a great car to learn a track on. Sounds a little better than the Cup car... I think. Hard to remember.
    • Porsche 911 Turbo S: Nice throaty sound. It's quick but understeer is definitely its default characteristic, as expected. This is Porsche's "safe but insanely fast" version of the 911. Despite getting very similar laptimes to the GT3 RS, it drives very differently. I'm very glad we have it in the game.
    • Porsche 911 R: The praise this car gets everywhere is unreal but I wasn't sure if that would translate into a video game. My god it definitely does. Absolutely lovely car to drive. I know I sound like a broken record here, but it's very balanced, well-mannered, and feels quick. Even though the clock disagrees, it felt a lot faster than the Turbo S. Being able to see that contrast is really great. This is easily my favorite stick-shifted car in the game.

Side note, I see we have the option to force the 911 R's wing to remain deployed. I'm not sure if this is actually worth doing or not but I did it anyway. (I assume a "0" on this means "automatic mode," like the other 911s that don't have fixed rear wings.)
    I recorded some of my hotlaps (not that my driving skills are much to look at). Once they're done processing, I'll post links to them, for whatever it's worth.

Tomorrow I intend to take some of these cars for a more grueling test drive on the Nürburgring GP. In my experience, it tends to reveal a car's more undesirable driving characteristics than the Red Bull Ring GP.

Anyway, another great DLC pack.

12. Berry

Berry Alien

The Turbo S comes with Pirelli P-Zero high-performance tyres in real life while the 911R and the GT3RS have Michelin Sport Cup 2's which are basically semislicks :).
    @kofotsjanne
    I just watched a replay of the Turbo S on the Nordschleife, it doesn't feel that fast on-board, but when you see it from outside, oh does it demolish the road, I don't like the bouncy front-end feel that the 911 Carrera S also has, but other than it's a nice car to drive and stupidly fast.Also, very surprinsingly peaky engine, I would've thought it just pulls from low RPM's, but you can feel the turbo's rush from 4500-5000 RPM's onward to the rev limit.

Seria17hri11er, MBK72 and baboon like this.
  13. I just did a test lap at Spa with 458 GT2. Completely blew every corner entry. Couldn't slow the car. Had to move the brake bias dramatically rearward (like 6 percent or so), which restored the braking ability. Why would the tire model change the braking bias so much? Or is this the "inertial" changes in action?

14. magzire

magzire Alien

Is there an actually Porsche to compete with the GT3's? Nearly a full grid, Laguna seca will be EPIC!!

15. Berry

Berry Alien

Yes, the 911 GT3 R is the GT3 car :).

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

And I guess that is the slicks ingame? :) but why did we get the street tyres on that car and not on many of the others? Im not typing this to complain, I just try to understand.

speedbee likes this.
  17. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm loving the new "Stop into the Pits in Practice Mode". It just increases that real track fantasy so much.

It only works in Practice Mode. It doesn't happen in Hotlap Mode. If you don't like using Practice Mode because it starts you off in the Pits, here is another reason to start using Content Manager. When you select Practice Mode in CM you can choose where you want to begin on the track. In the Pits? In the Hotlap starting location? It the location races use to start?

Rolla, asehauDLM, DevonK and 7 others like this.
  18. baboon

baboon Alien

In AC in find the labeling a bit confusing. The HR tires are semislicks and the SM are semislicks too. I'm curious how the HR and SM compare on the same car. But then again I read theses tires are also still WIP which is great :)

aphidgod likes this.
  19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Yeah...I think people get confused (myself included) because of the naming of the tires. If they used a word other than Hypercar it probably wouldn't make people scratch their heads as much. Or maybe it would...I don't know.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

Semislicks are more like high-performance tyres (Michelin Sport 4 or Pirelli P-zero), while Hypercar Roads are actual semislicks, yes, the naming is confusing, maybe it'll be revamped when all the cars are on V10 tyres :).

Seria17hri11er and baboon like this.