1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.11 and PP3 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Love the 908LH. Definitely the best from PP3. Very direct turn in, a bit of oversteer, but very managable.
    And that sound. :D
    I didn't even try too hard driving it fast. Just driving it was enough. :cool:
    Also it has those cool flappy paddles at the rear. Somebody at Porsche was smoking illegal stuff. :Do_O

Second favourite so far is the 911R.
    Tried to race it, but that doesn't justify it. It's a car to be driven for the fun of driving it. Simple as that.
    I'll give it a spin around some nice hillclimb tomorrow.
    You can see that it has the same DNA as the GT3 RS, but it's just a massive improvement in every way.
    Much more alive and less Playstation style. Back likes to swing out a bit but very controllable.
    (There were a lot of people on the server spinning it, no idea why …)

Next car I drove was the 917K. It's hard to imagine that this car has the same genes as the 917/30.
    They are so different to how they drive, how they deliver their performance.
    It does have the spool rear behaviour as well, but much less pronounced than the 917/30.
    So it eases you to push into the corners until it suddenly just refuses to turn in … :mad:
    Really having a hard time with it. Can lap it around almost all of Nords, but then suddenly out of nothing at some random corner it decides to go on in almost a straight line.
    I guess I really need to work on my driving style for this car.
    Overall I do have to say though that while I do like this car, I do "just" like it. I don't love it. Or at least not yet?
    I do prefer it's big ludicrous brother, the 917/30. The 917K is a cool car to drive. Somehow the typical (as far as you can call them typical) endurance sports car/prototype, but not much more.
    To some degree it really feels like a slower, older version of the 962C.
    The 917/30 is a beast and I love it for that. It's a car that makes you grin everytime you floor the throttle.
    It's a stupid car and that's the cool thing about it.
    But we'll see, maybe with some more time spent on the 917K I will learn to love it.
    I do already love the engine sound though. Beautiful. :)

Final car for today was the 911 GT3 R, the GT3 GT3 car.
    Don't know who did the stock setup, but I want to torture that person. :mad:
    (Well, not really obviously …)
    It's ultra-direct, which I like, but also very sensitive and in stock setup undrivable without ABS. IIRC, it's set to 69% or somewhere in that range.
    I had to go back to 60% or even below to make it somewhat balanced. And that on a race car. o_O
    It really doesn't like curbs and it jumps around a lot if you boldness to take one, just like the horrible Cayman GT4 Clubsport.
    And sometimes when hitting a curb it just decides to spin. Never had that in a GT3-series car, wtf?
    Well at least it does have a lot of setup options, so maybe you can do something nice with it.
    Have my doubts though that I'll invest too much time into that, I guess I'll just leave this one (and the whole GT3 series) to others.

MBK72 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

917K is not at its best in tight tracks, take it to Silv1967 for example. Lower aero a bit bit and it is woohoooouuhooouw

Seria17hri11er and yusupov like this.
  3. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

My impressions? The 917k and 908LH. That's it.

Haha just kidding, sorta.

917K: This car....is every bit as terrifying as it is an artform in motion. By far, this beast is the hardest to master with braking imo. On nords, all 4 tires are spinning at different rates at least 70% of the time. They remind me heavily of the Lola's in rF2 (sorry for comparison this way, but it's uncanny to me). Everything was dangerous at all times. Understeer into oversteer. Oversteer into understeer. I need to really spend time tuning this. I love it. There's so much going on, in every category of driving it. The cold brakes, mixed with touchy brake power was insanity. I felt i needed 100% brake power still. I've still made use of all the brake force, but when they are cold, it's crazy. I believe it.
    *The external downshift noises (at Silv '67 static cams) are obnoxious. Nearly perfection.*

908LH: I only did a lap and a half, out of time....but still. This is the coolest thing floating around the pits of Norschleife. Sounds so good driving by at almost every RPM. The braking oversteer is fantastic. It's controllable but bites and looks great alongside the GT40. The brakes were the same story as 917k.

GT3 R 2016: You know...after all the joy of driving mods from other sims with the Porsche GT3 cars, this one is like rediscovery. I can't get to grips with it yet. Need more time, though GT3 in general I've gotten a little tired of. Not bad, and I can still feel differences in the tires which is great btw.

911 Turbo S: Again, I can't get to grips with it. Understeer. Increase camber, understeer. Change toe a bit, understeer. Lower front pressure, understeer. However, this car is a lot faster than I expected in a straight line. Like...a LOT faster than I expected. So maybe that's it. Still, there's a lot of understeer. It's a joy to hit the throttle out of a corner, though.

That's all I tried so far of the pack.

V10 Tires: I haven't done a lot yet to notice any nuances, but I noticed one major thing, especially with the 917k and GT3 R. There was a willingness to the tires, to slip more often across smaller bumps and whatnot. There is more dance, and I definitely feel more need to saw the wheel faster with some cars on recovery. What Nordschleife feels like on the new tires, is just rediculous. Like, ow. My arms hurt. Thanks KUNOS :p

Also, changing roll bars seems to be responding much more effectively.

Seriously though, I was more into the modern cars this pack before it came out. Dunno why. The 917k took my cake and ran with it @ 6:57 Nord tourist time so far :)

Ace Pumpkin, Seria17hri11er and MBK72 like this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I really really really really don't like that track.

Honestly, the 917K is fine around Nords.
    The thing is that the 917/30 and Moby Dick remind you at every corner that you have to tell them to turn in as if you were telling a dog to sit down.
    And they will only do so if you really convince them that it's for their best. Then if you managed that, they deliver astonishing performance. ;)
    The 917K is rather like Kaa from the Jungle Book.
    It's saying "Truuuuuuuussssst in meeeeeee. I will tuuuuuurn iiiiiiiin. Truuuuuust in meeeee." and then it's having you for dinner … uh crashing into the next guardrail.
    It's doable and it's doable at very good performance (although I will still be around 30s slower at Tourist than with the 917/30), but I will have to remind myself that you have to be awake when playing with an indian python. ;)

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ah, there is something I forgot to mention. The braking on the 908LH. It does braking oversteer, that's true.
    But there is more to it.
    It does it in such a controllable way that you can actually use the brakes to correct your line mid corner.
    Never had that in a car, at least not in such a smooth way. :)
    Well, tbh, what you wrote there is just the general description of a modern 911 Turbo S.
    While I haven't driven one IRL (and never will, not interested), you can read up just about the same in every proper review of the car.

Ace Pumpkin and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. One of the nicest physics updates that I remember.

7. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Regarding this entry,"Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Hypercars (LaFerrari, 599XX, FxxK, P1, Aventador SV, Huayra, Zonda R), more experimentation", what about the 918? Did you guys just forget to type it? Or it was on this updated state from launch?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Read the previous patch notes. Hypercars already were on V10 with patch 1.8, Porsche cars all released with v10. The ones that are mentioned again got some adjustments as V10 evolves with each patch.

9. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

The reason for my question is simple, the list includes every Hypercar but the 918, since classes tend to be upgraded together it seems weird, like they forgot to include it in the list.

10. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

^this
    I had the old spinning problem of the first times at Mugello

earlyapex likes this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think I'm 2sec faster with GT40 now, and rather consistent. I don't know if moveing to external bigger monitor helped a lot, but I'm more confident in the car now. Can people counfirm that GT is faster now ? I also find C9 faster after 1.10.

SunBro and Seria17hri11er like this.
  12. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Its not every day you see a positive post from the man, I guess Kunos really outdid themselves this time ;)

Seriously though, I dont know if its just the v10 tyres update or something else but driving AC has never been more fun than that. Bravo.

13. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I should have waited until I tried the 911R. What fun a manual Porsche with that engine sound! Alive, oversteer, wild when wanted. I was picturing this to be similar to the Turbo S, but boy was I wrong. It's not really similar to the GT3 RS either, which is interesting. I really like it! Another car that gives me that "I'll just do one more lap......actually 50 more" feeling :D

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

917K is hard car to drive, you can't do dreadful mistakes, and it will not shake it off. This guy said the opposite @2'28. Either he hasn't driven it on the limit, or I use bad setup. I havent tried full downforce, I think it is understeering already. Maybe 917/30 shakes it off sometimes, because of that monster wing at the back, and front aero.

15. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

oh poop I'm not home to enjoy this :( anyway I will dream of the cup car :)

16. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

Perfect as always. 911 GT3 R 2016 rulez!

DaveS78 likes this.
  17. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i'm pretty assured just watching the video that guy hasn't driven it on the limit.

Seria17hri11er and mantasisg 2 like this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

A massive change in tyre logic.. I can easily adapt my setups from 35psi GT2 & 33psi GT3 to the new 26psi optimum pressure. I am curious though what is it in real life for a GT tyre? This low pressure will also be lower than the sf15t average optimum tyre pressure of 28psi..

19. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yes it's very nice indeed :)

20. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

"custom Championships"
    Wooohoo thank you dev team for the Christmas Present.

Have a very merry Christmas/winter season best regards to one and all :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.